Budget Stereo Setup

Sach234

Hi,

I am new to the audiophile world and was looking to start with some budget speakers and amp (~20K for Speakers+Amp)

I have been reading about the indian manufactures and I think those are the only ones which would fit in my budget.
For speakers -
Norge Md75
Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3 BS
DNC SC-808
Dvee Fire Starter

And also the Polk Tsx110b which seems is around 13K.

For Amps I was thinking of one of the Norge amps or Astonia SC-301.

I am in Hyderabad currently. Are there any places where I can audition any of these speakers?

Suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:
You are on right track.

Check sale thread in classified section of this forum, you may come across something better.

Thanks for the replies.

I tried searching for S30s but was not able to find it anywhere online. Any suggestions as to where I can find them?

I was able to find Cambridge Audio SX50 on -
Cambridge Audio SX 50 Bookshelf Speaker

Since this is 13.5K I was thinking of combining this with Astonia Amp which is for around 5.5-6K.

Hi,

The SX50s are good...go for it. In terms of amplifier, check the threads on for Sale by Owner, you never know, you may get a good amplifier which would deliver the optimal performance of these speakers.

Thanks for the replies.

I tried searching for S30s but was not able to find it anywhere online. Any suggestions as to where I can find them?

Since this is 13.5K I was thinking of combining this with Astonia Amp which is for around 5.5-6K.

Tentatively fix your budget for speakers @ 13.5K. Look for norge amp or pre-owned integrated amp in "For Sale" section. Once amp is in your hand, take some audition and also with CA and also with other speakers. Probably you will have a rethink on your choice and budget too. Dont rush.

my entrire secondary setup is on sale
NAD325 amp with my Ferrari red GR research speakers
decent interconnect and Belden 10AWG UP UE 5000 speaker cable included

however its twice your budget (shipped ) if intrested

Thanks for the advice ukjeyaraj :)

@magma - Unfortunately at this moment I wont be able to double my budget :(

@anirbandd - Not sure I have the space to setup floorstanding speakers. Also they would be way over my budget I think

Thanks for the replies.

You may consider any BS of your choice/liking...

Instead of any Astonia amplifier for 5 ~ 6K, i would suggest you to consider Onkyo A 8700 stereo amp (Used one)....

ONKYO integra integrated stereo amplifier model A - 8700 - Hyderabad - Home Appliances - Electronics

If you could go to the sellers place, inspect the amp, & if it is in good condition, you are getting a solid amplifer that can drive the FS with ease....

This amp is rated @ 100W/Chaneel @ 8 Ohms & this is solid.....

Thanks for the replies.

My friend has a pair of S30s in pristine condition for sale ... black colour ... very sparingly used ... he has preserved even the original packaging material too ... so safe shipping is possible ... if you are interested please send me a mail to [email protected] and I will send you the contact details of my friend ... Cheers

My friend has a pair of S30s in pristine condition for sale ... black colour ... very sparingly used ... he has preserved even the original packaging material too ... so safe shipping is possible ... if you are interested please send me a mail to [email protected] and I will send you the contact details of my friend ... Cheers

sent you email. Please check.

Hi,
I have a Pair of Norge Millenium Bookshelfs Mk2 and Norge 2060 Amplifier, Both only six months old, used max for 100 hrs, No scratches Mint condition, with original Packing. let me know if your are interested, I purchased the entire package for 25000. You can check the reviews here about these speakers and amp, it is the best Setup under 50K. The amp is still under warranty.

Hi,
I have a Pair of Norge Millenium Bookshelfs Mk2 and Norge 2060 Amplifier, Both only six months old, used max for 100 hrs, No scratches Mint condition, with original Packing. let me know if your are interested, I purchased the entire package for 25000. You can check the reviews here about these speakers and amp, it is the best Setup under 50K. The amp is still under warranty.

Mandy, what is your expected price, including shipping to Goa? One of my friends might be interested.

I own the Norge setup above and can say its a great setup to have. It costs around 27000 brand new (I bought it recently at the price including shipping and a remote for the amp), so 22k is a great deal.
If you are not looking for very high power output, you could go for a cheaper Norge setup
If budget is too much of an issue.
Its possible to go for brand new Nano bookshelf speakers and one of the lower watt poweramps for Rs 15000.

You could have a look at this review for inputs:-
AV MAX Suggests: Budget Stereo Setup - Up To Rs 15,000

Thanks for the replies.

@sach avoid astonia if possible for the same budget or 1-2k more better get a norge. astonia mid range is quite muffled. though it has good reviews but better options are available.

I started with the same budget looking for same set up (Amp + Speaker) but evantually had to increasse the budget to around 30k and settle for Marantz+Wharfe combo from hifi mart.

However since price has increased since then, I guess it would be difficult to get a new set up around 20k. My humble suggestion would be to wait for some time and increase the budget in case the set up is intended for long term use.

One FM stated in some other thread, go for the best possible speaker as their technology is stable, Amp gets upgraded continously.

On the other hand, option of active speakers can also be explored.

+1 for Norge.

While i was on the hunt for my setup i auditioned the Norge 1000.

It was paired with speakers upwards of 60k. And the clarity was astonishing. Every detail was there.

Norge is real good.

+1 for Norge.

While i was on the hunt for my setup i auditioned the Norge 1000.

It was paired with speakers upwards of 60k. And the clarity was astonishing. Every detail was there.

Norge is real good.

I read your review of the Norge 1000 and it was awesome. Much appreciated.

What in your opinion though is the main difference between the 2060 and the 1000 Gold. The price difference is about 20% (10K vs 12K). Unless someone is going for floorstanders and hence needs the extra drive, does it make sense to go for the 1000?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back