• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Bug Head Player

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

jls001

After a long break in development a new version (8.15) is out.

jls001

I am not able to find the exact download point from that page. Is this version stable?
Sorry for the late reply. I've not used computer audio in many months so basically I've stopped following the latest happenings in Bughead (latest version is now called Nontallion, I think). My understanding from casual reading of JPlay forum is that the Nontallion versions need some minimum front side bus speed of RAM, hence taking it out of the reach of even many of the old users. If one doesn't have the correct RAM, Nontallion won't even play.

An alternative player worth trying is Hysolid.

Have you tried this:

Bug head

Last edited by a moderator:

arunlouie

Has anyone tried Miorityclean with any other player. For those with old hardware and not able to use the latest bughead, is this doing something better?
Read some forums threads and few have commented that it does improves sound but nothing more specific.

Joand

Has anyone tried Miorityclean with any other player. For those with old hardware and not able to use the latest bughead, is this doing something better?
Read some forums threads and few have commented that it does improves sound but nothing more specific.

it's no better
my advice is just don't try that

jls001

Bughead had been too cumbersome as an audio player so I had reverted to using foobar till I stopped using PC as player. Now I use Volumio player on an Allo Sparky. Audio quality is very good (better than my highly tweaked PC+player) but it is also buggy (inexplicable lost connection to NAS despite using wired Ethernet, and very slow library update due to the low horsepower of the processor) but one doesn't have to through the "rituals" of Bughead.