Bug Head Player

I am not able to find the exact download point from that page. Is this version stable?

Sorry for the late reply. I've not used computer audio in many months so basically I've stopped following the latest happenings in Bughead (latest version is now called Nontallion, I think). My understanding from casual reading of JPlay forum is that the Nontallion versions need some minimum front side bus speed of RAM, hence taking it out of the reach of even many of the old users. If one doesn't have the correct RAM, Nontallion won't even play.

An alternative player worth trying is Hysolid.

Have you tried this:

Bug head

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried Miorityclean with any other player. For those with old hardware and not able to use the latest bughead, is this doing something better?
Read some forums threads and few have commented that it does improves sound but nothing more specific.

Has anyone tried Miorityclean with any other player. For those with old hardware and not able to use the latest bughead, is this doing something better?
Read some forums threads and few have commented that it does improves sound but nothing more specific.

it's no better
my advice is just don't try that

Bughead had been too cumbersome as an audio player so I had reverted to using foobar till I stopped using PC as player. Now I use Volumio player on an Allo Sparky. Audio quality is very good (better than my highly tweaked PC+player) but it is also buggy (inexplicable lost connection to NAS despite using wired Ethernet, and very slow library update due to the low horsepower of the processor) but one doesn't have to through the "rituals" of Bughead.

Have been using Bughead 6.89 for sometime now and Im generally happy with the results. Though the play time and track stop time is higher than previous versions. Can't try higher versions as I am on Win 7.

Reading about Hysolid, tried that as well. For starters, I shared only one album to check out the ease of use. Pairing between PC & Mobile is extremely fast. No lag, no glitches. SQ is a bit more congested than Bug but overall far better than Foobar. I found it extremely convenient and considering the advantages over Foobar, would like to use it as my primary player for a while.

But here is an issue I am getting. I linked a music folder which has about 780gb of content. It has been almost more than 72 hours that Hysolid is trying to create a list of the sound source but it has not yet ended. Earlier also I attempted this but when it dint happen in say 5-6 hours, I killed the process. Later I thought maybe I killed the process in haste so lemme attempt again. It certainly does not seem to be the case here. Can anyone else corroborate if they also faced such a challenge? Has anyone linked such a big folder with Hysolid and has been successful in building this network library?

Kartick, i have linked over 6 TB of music on Hysolid... Yes at first it just kept on creating the list on my ipad... so i simply reloaded the app (after deleting it ) and bingo! It mapped it in 20 mins or less..

Loving this player... more than the foobar and jmrc 27.... although in terms of sheer UI UX and ease of use, JMRC is still king.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back