Build a $35 Media Center with Raspbmc and Raspberry Pi

importing rasberry pie = 3000Rs, pain of 15day waiting
fitting school project looking case 1000Rs , 10 painful hours
extras 700Rs

20+ hours tweaking result is a soso mediaplayer .

Better Solution is pay 5k and get a god make android player.

importing rasberry pie = 3000Rs, pain of 15day waiting
fitting school project looking case 1000Rs , 10 painful hours
extras 700Rs

20+ hours tweaking result is a soso mediaplayer .

Better Solution is pay 5k and get a god make android player.

Hi Kaushik,
I am totally agree with you on cost and time factor.Android may be a better VFM option,but will not have a DIY fun.

Regards,
Sachin

Came across the following article while browsing. Might be helpful for some.

Build a $35 Media Center with Raspbmc and Raspberry Pi - How-To Geek

Ever since Raspberry announced this few months back, I have been waiting - initially they said the foundation that was driving it would manufacture, then when demand was huge, they gave it to two companies..even they seem to have run out of stock.

I actually wanted to buy this for my nephew so that he can learn coding, DIY and other stuff..that is what this is intended basically for - low cost play thingy for young kids

Sorry to steal the thread. Now a days everyone is crazy about Raspberry Pi. Even I was trying to get a piece as well. When I checked the waiting period is more than 2 months, I dropped the idea.

New kid in the town. VIA announced its 1ghz, 1gb ram, 64gb storage board. The price could be double of Rasp Pi. But the only place where Pi lags is... its processing power. VIA VAB-800 will fill the gap I guess.

Check here: http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...744-via-takes-upper-hand-mini-htpc-board.html

i have received RPi two weeks ago. I am still tinkering with the RPi. unfortunately, i am working away from home so not able to connect the HDMI to work with RaspBMC and check its functioning. lots of interesting projects around. there is one for NAS (known issues in working as torrent client) and one even for penetration testing. but with the new image, i used VNC to use it keyboard-less. the one problem is that is based on older ARM and hence not supported by ubuntu. lots of possibilities, so little time.and network port bus is shared by USB too.

Ever since Raspberry announced this few months back, I have been waiting - initially they said the foundation that was driving it would manufacture, then when demand was huge, they gave it to two companies..even they seem to have run out of stock.

I actually wanted to buy this for my nephew so that he can learn coding, DIY and other stuff..that is what this is intended basically for - low cost play thingy for young kids

The wait time is still huge, about 18 weeks currently i think. My colleague has completed 4 weeks of his wait time. BTW someone is trying to sell it on ebay.in for 7000 and make some quick money, if you are desperate.....

Ok thanks. I am no techie and am not even sure what it does. I just thought I will get one to join the bandwagon. So I will wait till its available at its normal price..Thx

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back