Buying Accuphase through Japanese website through White Rabbit Express

Home Theatre Systems

vsg

Hi,

I think this may have been answered before, has anyone bought any audio gear online through the Japanese website using White Rabbit Express?
White Rabbit seems to be a credible name at least what online reviews suggest.

Was thinking of buying one of the accuphase amps online using White Rabbit, but wasn't sure what can be the potential issues, also What are the additional charges one can expect (customs etc) and how smooth is the process?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Abhishek_

i have used kuboten service around 6 -7 years back for vintage DACs. I had to pay import duty and shipping rates were decent. you might want to check out kuboten website.

arj

Staff member
Hi,

I think this may have been answered before, has anyone bought any audio gear online through the Japanese website using White Rabbit Express?

Was thinking of buying one of the accuphase amps online using White Rabbit, but wasn't sure what can be the potential issues, also What are the additional charges one can expect (customs etc) and how smooth is the process?

I am not sure of White Rabbit although have used similiar services in the US.
Will you be getting the 220V ?

sud98

If buying from Japan, the voltage will always be 100V.. Best to import from HK.. you might pay a bit more but it will be 220V and no step down transformer needed...
Are you sure? In Japan, for domestic use, its 100V, but most products sold internationally are 110V/220V

drkrack

Hi,

For Accuphase E 650 from Rakuten the the final quote is coming to 6.5L INR without Customs. I was given a best quote of 7.5L, from Indian Dealership for 220v model few months ago. If you get a Good deal then it might be worth it, but Pre-owned, demo or unboxed deals are out of question because of Voltage incompatibility. That leaves you with very narrow margin of benefits without a warranty, I am not sure if it's worth the effort.

sidvee

For Accuphase E 650 from Rakuten the the final quote is coming to 6.5L INR without Customs. I was given a best quote of 7.5L, from Indian Dealership for 220v model few months ago. If you get a Good deal then it might be worth it, but Pre-owned, demo or unboxed deals are out of question because of Voltage incompatibility. That leaves you with very narrow margin of benefits without a warranty, I am not sure if it's worth the effort.
What a rip off. Almost double.
Cheers,
Sid

vsg

I am not sure of White Rabbit although have used similiar services in the US.
Will you be getting the 220V ?
Guess not...should be 100v..In Bangalore have a person supplying vertex stabilizers..he confirmed supplying step down converters for high powered amps...

vsg

7.5L would be a good price of new E650..in audio union it's listed at 7.5k USD i.e. around 5.6L. But is 100V..on that I am told there will be around 40% increase due customs and other charges...so it will come to same as your dealer price or maybe more..that too without warranty. The problem is regular Indian sites are showing prices double of that.

sidvee

Not to go OT, but for that price range do consider this option as well. New/dealer supported/ with full warranty, when it gets back in stock of-course. It is 33% over US price.
I have heard the previous version which was very good.
Please no luxman vs accuphase flames, this is just my personal view.
Cheers,
Sid

yogitashwer

Hi,

I have imported 2 amp from Japan one Yamaha and another luxman.both 100v works flawlessly with 100v stepdown transformer here, secondly import duties are very High so better if u got gud deal here just go for it.
Buying from Japan is not much risky in my case sellers sent me the exact product as I ordered.