CA 650A + CA DACMagic + Mezzo 6

Miany

I checked out Mezzo6 in audio planet today. To my surprise, it was really disappointing..

the setup was CA 650A + CA DACMagic + Mezzo6..

i dont think Mezzo6 is worth the quoted price of 74K.

what all speakers can i try with the mentioned amp? I am planning to audition DALI Ikon 6 soon. But that is again around 75k.

What about Wharfedale 9.6 (around 40K)? Has anyone listened to Wharf in this setup??

I checked out Mezzo6 in audio planet today. To my surprise, it was really disappointing..

That combo should've been terrific, synergy wise, don't know what you were expecting, and what you missed. So, I guess, you were feeding FLAC/WAV or is it mp3 ?

what all speakers can i try with the mentioned amp?

You can try Aviano 6/8, Diamond 9.5/9.6

:)

Look at Wharfedale Signature series as well ..The EVO and yes around your budget you can also look at the RS6 or RX6

It was WAV only. What i felt was that the speaker is not that refined. Whenever, there was some 3 or more instruments going to the highs, the speaker felt saturated and sounded too flat and noisy, with no clear refinement.

this is what my ears felt. one of my friends, who came along, also felt the same thing.

Miany - I can understand what you are saying about the synergy of this combination. This can get a little tizzy and harsh at times. For warmer sound signatures you could try other amplification - perhaps Marantz or NAD. Complementary speakers would be PSB or Wharfedale or EPOS.

i dont think Mezzo6 is worth the quoted price of 74K.

what all speakers can i try with the mentioned amp? I am planning to audition DALI Ikon 6 soon. But that is again around 75k.

What about Wharfedale 9.6 (around 40K)? Has anyone listened to Wharf in this setup??

Without knowing your budget you will get recommendations from few 100 to many 1000s of Rs. components. Even all these will be a shot in the dark if you dont state your musical tastes. Finally the listening experience will not even be close to what you had at AP since your room acoustics will be different. Also I have noticed that the guys at AP and few other chain stores setup their systems really bad without any consideration for tuning and selecting appropriate recordings.

Best is if you can audition at your home for that kind of money and return what you did not like.

okay. My budget would be around 1 lakh. it should include stereo amp, DAC and speakers.

DAC i might go for CA DACMagic. any other options in the same price range??

Amp and speakers - Yet to decide. Please give your suggestion.

Choice of music - POP, Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues etc. I may listen to bands like metallica and all, once in a while...

How about DCD-710AE Denon CP player? It can play from USB. Will the output will be comparable to DACMagic?? it claims "Advanced AL 24 processing".

Also can PMA-710AE Denon amp driver Dali Ikon 6?? its rated

50 W + 50 W
(8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD 0.07%)
85 W + 85 W
(4 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)

Last edited:
okay. My budget would be around 1 lakh. it should include stereo amp, DAC and speakers.

DAC i might go for CA DACMagic. any other options in the same price range??

Amp and speakers - Yet to decide. Please give your suggestion.

Choice of music - POP, Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues etc. I may listen to bands like metallica and all, once in a while...

How about the Peachtree Audio Nova with MA BR2? Better DAC, decent amp and good speakers. Should fit in your budget and cover all your requirements as well.

YouTube - Peachtree Audio Nova Interview by ListenUp Part 1

Can someone comment on the denon query? Will denon pma 710ae be able to driver dali ikon 6? also, how will it sound?? I heard denon is one the warmer side and will complement dali well. Anyone tried this out??

But looking at the amp specs, what do u think? will it be able to driver dali ikon 6??

dont know bout the denon/dali pairing as havent heard it,but as unleash suggested,the peachtree nova should be a very very worthwhile audition for ur req of dac,amp.do check it out before anything else.cheers

if you didnt like mezzo6 and found it harsh, there is no way you are going to like dali ikon 6. When I was auditioning for my friend, we were stunned to hear ikon6, how can a speaker costing so much can pump out such bad sound.

Dali ikon 6, how can a speaker costing so much can pump out such bad sound.

It's all about system matching, pal. When I heard the Ikon 6 driven by a Naim 5i, it was totally forward sound, bright, fatiguing, etc. But, when the 6 were driven by an Arcam A28, it was totally smooth, warm, fatigue free.

So, it's all about putting everything in their respective places.

:)

I am almost finalized my stereo setup...

Denon CDA 710AE CP player + NAD 325BEE amp + DAli Ikon 6.

Any suggestions especialy on the CD Player and AMP front???

How about the DAC quality in 710ae Vs 6003?? 710ae DAC is superior or what?? since most of the mp3 and compressed audio needs a good DAC, How do they compare each other??

How about NAD C565BEE??

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back