Cadence ARCA : opinions please

if, by any chance you would like to look at a pre-owned/demo pair and are not offended by the suggestion, there is a Cadence Arista MK-II available for sale, in b'lore. the Arista is one step below the Arca. just a suggestion.

hifiashok,
Thanks for your sugestion. I am not at all offended by it. But I had only considered ARCA. But few members here said ARCA would be rather large for my room of 23 ft x 13 ft . So I do not know. But what would be asking or expected price for this pair ? Can I know ?
on the website of Cadence , I do not find details or mantion of ARISTA Mk II . So I cannot know much about it .

Last edited:
the speakers used to list for 1.85L a pair. since they have been used in a demo room for approx 15 months, u may consider a commensurate reduction. safely, with all the necessary aspects taken care of, should be 1.2 - 1.4L.

scan0003-1.jpg

hifiashok,
I am looking at something better or little higher-end than this one, and hence wait for something else. But I sure appreciate your help.

Radni14

AE Super Amp 25 Signature( I considered buying one of these a while ago) need to be matched to suitables speaker, so if you have done the audition prior to deciding, then it's ok. I have multiple valve amps- 2A3 and EL 34s( Sophia Electric and Anthem), I know that if matched to the right speakers the sound is outstanding, otherwise it's nothing much to write home about.

Good luck.

Radni14

AE Super Amp 25 Signature( I considered buying one of these a while ago) need to be matched to suitables speaker, so if you have done the audition prior to deciding, then it's ok. I have multiple valve amps- 2A3 and EL 34s( Sophia Electric and Anthem), I know that if matched to the right speakers the sound is outstanding, otherwise it's nothing much to write home about.

Good luck.

Auditioning with my own AE 25 amp is possible for ARCA but not possible for Blumenhofer FS 3.2 as the Banglore dealer does not have a demo pair. But Mr. Semler has other Blumenhofer speaker models which can be used for demo as a reference.
Demo/audition for the Sonics Allegria is also not possible as there is no dealer in India.
AE 25 Superamp takes different output tubes to try out.

OK.
One thing to keep in mind is the amount of power that E-S speakers need to preform to their potential. I know that Martin Logans need pretty large amounts of power, dont know about Cadence. I have heard Cadence speakers and found they have the typical electrostatic sound-I loved them. I think you need to audition( if you can) and then decide on the final choice. The Rethms are another option to keep in mind.

Again, good luck with your final choice!

Bluu,
I am looking at 90 dB sensitivity as optimum, but can go down to 89 dB. But these Usher Dancer series are 87 dB , which is low for my low powered tube amp ( 25 watts ) . Otherwise they look worth considering and auditioning . I believe Usher has a dealer in India.
Also I look for BiWirable spkrs , as I intend to continue to use my Kimber BiFocal XL spk cables.
But I do appreciate your interest in my hunt for speakers.
If you have some suggestions , pl let me have them.

OK.
One thing to keep in mind is the amount of power that E-S speakers need to preform to their potential. I know that Martin Logans need pretty large amounts of power, dont know about Cadence. I have heard Cadence speakers and found they have the typical electrostatic sound-I loved them. I think you need to audition( if you can) and then decide on the final choice. The Rethms are another option to keep in mind.

Again, good luck with your final choice!

GeorgeO ,
Cadence ARCA are 91.5 to 92 dB efficiency , so 25 watts power from a tube amp for a 23 x 13 ft room should be adequate, I believe. Presently I use Jamo Concert 8 series 90 dB Monitors . They are handled fine by my 25 watts tube amp and I do not feel short of power. . So I believe ARCA shuould not pose a challenge in same room with the same Amp.
I do like to take your tip to audition ARCA , which I can do with my own Amp . I think , one of these days , I will go to Pune with my Amp to audition ARCA. Only thing is , I will not be able to audition other shortlisted spkrs for comparison . So the decision will have to be on stand alone basis of " I like the sound or I do not like the sound ".

Radni14

The option to audition is available to you, unlike some others who blindly buy stuff based on "brand on not on "match". I have a 28 wpc Sophia Electric pp amp that sings with an 87dB 2 way speaker but doesn't sound as good with a 94dB FR. Why? I dont know!

Have you considered the Emerald Physics speakers? i don't know anything at all about these really expensive speakers, but I've heard the EPs at length and they're superb.

^ +1!

The EPs are absolutely fantastic (and well within your budget). Sridhar swears that the Spatial upgrade is the best thing in audio in years.

Well if youre planning a trip to Pune, you could very well extend it to Bangalore and audition some more speakers. Considering that Ahmedabad is dry and Bangalore is not, I would be happy to address that appropriately with a 12 yr old!

GeorgeO ,
Cadence ARCA are 91.5 to 92 dB efficiency , so 25 watts power from a tube amp for a 23 x 13 ft room should be adequate, I believe. Presently I use Jamo Concert 8 series 90 dB Monitors . They are handled fine by my 25 watts tube amp and I do not feel short of power. . So I believe ARCA shuould not pose a challenge in same room with the same Amp.
I do like to take your tip to audition ARCA , which I can do with my own Amp . I think , one of these days , I will go to Pune with my Amp to audition ARCA. Only thing is , I will not be able to audition other shortlisted spkrs for comparison . So the decision will have to be on stand alone basis of " I like the sound or I do not like the sound ".

I have heard my Amayas (91 dB sensitivity) driven by the Cadence VA-1 integrateds at the Pune factory and they sounded sweet and ethereal with lots of airs even on familiar recordings. VA-1 is rated 36W. Arca sensitivity is same. So a 25W amp should not have trouble driving it to fairly loud SPLs. And in my experience, Cadence hybrid speakers need quality tube power (not necessarily more muscle) to bring out the strength of the electrostatic panels in the mids and highs. I have not tried other SS amps but when driven by my standby Marantz PM5003 amp, the Amayas sound quite lousy. Similar story when driving Aninas. Of course one can blame the Marantz but I was expecting something better! Or the Marantz is simply not made for this speaker! Whatever!:lol:

What I am driving at here is system matching. Your Cary amp, by itself, will be a very good amp. And so probably is the Arca. But you need to really hear for yourself how they sound together. I'm told the highway from Ahmedabad to Mumbai is very nice. And I can assure you that the one from Mumbai to Pune is one of the best in the country. Safely tuck away your Cary in the boot, take a long drive down to Pune. Do fix up an appointment with Amba at Cadence (9823377547) and tell him what you want to listen to. Happy hunting:)
Joshua

Well if youre planning a trip to Pune, you could very well extend it to Bangalore and audition some more speakers. Considering that Ahmedabad is dry and Bangalore is not, I would be happy to address that appropriately with a 12 yr old!

Just for this, I am willing to be part of the excursion! Sorry for the imposition GeorgeO. Maybe I can soften the blow with a 10 year old? :)

Seriously though, Radni14, do consider making a trip to Bangalore to hear the Blumenhofers, Ushers and EPs. If things fall into place, I will be more than willing to accompany you to both locations (if you want).

Thank you bluu , GerogeO, jsl001, hifiashok,

I want to take a trip to Pune and as suggested might extend it to Bangalore where possibly seeing few of you friends will be sure an additional thing to look forward to , besides auditioning of few good spkrs. But my family commitments do not permit me to take 5-6 days of travel till August.
Once I plan a trip i will love to have you join me at the auditioning , and thanks to you bluu and GeorgeO for very generous offer of 10 yrs old and 12 old !! Looks this forum is great for making nice friends !
I just learned from local Cadence dealer that some one in Ahmedabad has ordered ARCA (for his HT now and hopes to get a tube amp later for 2 ch audio ) which is due for delivery in August.

Back