Cafe Indique, Dharamshala playing LPs through hifi setup.

I've been posting on the Kenrick Sounds thread of a few Jazz Cafes in Japan that play music on great setups for their patrons. Glad to see your version of that on here! What kind of music do you play at Cafe Indique?

All the best Sushant!

I've been posting on the Kenrick Sounds thread of a few Jazz Cafes in Japan that play music on great setups for their patrons. Glad to see your version of that on here! What kind of music do you play at Cafe Indique?

All the best Sushant!

Hi Nikhil,
Those systems you talk of are beautiful. I mostly play whatever I like or am in the mood for. Some jazz and blues and a bit of rock. Unless somebody makes a request and I happen to have the artist in my limited collection. Something I have noticed is how certain older folk instantly recognise the "Marantz" and delve into stories about owning a similar amp when in college.
I play music through my laptop mostly and the LPs usually come on in the evening. Thanks.

Last edited:
Super cool! I was in Dharamkot for a few months in 2017 and in 2018 and was wondering if there was a vinyl-head around in Kangra district. Good to have found the first, will visit your place next time I'm around.

I happened to visit Dharamshala on holiday today morning. I had to touch the place as it was part pf my travel package and return by evening after a day's sightseeing. Sadly bad weather forced diversion of the flight to Amritsar and when I finally landed there, I was left with just a few hours to spend. So I caught up with Sushant which made up my loss (of not being able to do anything there).

It was pleasure meeting this passionate audiophile, his gracious wife and his handsome dad who was visiting them. And it was really happy to audition his system. It's actually a unique concept to sell snacks & beverages along with music. It would've been a hit in IT hubs like Bangalore and Hyderabad. It remains to be seen how well it works out at Dharamshala.

My best wishes to Sushant for the venture.

IMG-20190713-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190713-WA0002.jpg

I happened to visit Dharamshala on holiday today morning. I had to touch the place as it was part pf my travel package and return by evening after a day's sightseeing. Sadly bad weather forced diversion of the flight to Amritsar and when I finally landed there, I was left with just a few hours to spend. So I caught up with Sushant which made up my loss (of not being able to do anything there).

It was pleasure meeting this passionate audiophile, his gracious wife and hos handsome dad who was visiting them. And it was really happy to audition his system. It's actually a unique concept to sell snacks & beverages along with music. It would've been a hit in IT hubs like Bangalore and Hyderabad. It remains to be seen how well it works out at Dharamshala.

My best wishes to Sushant for the venture.

View attachment 37247
View attachment 37248
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and your family. Though our interaction was brief, Captrajesh but someday we will meet more leisurely. Thanks for the photos. The place is in its early days and should settle soon. Have a great vacation and much love from the both of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and your family. Though our interaction was brief,Captrajesh but someday we will meet more leisurely. Thanks for the photos. The place is in its early days and should settle soon.Have a great vacation and much love from the both of us.
Certainly Sushant and thanks for the wishes. Thankfully, the sizzling hot Paris is history.

It was indeed a pleasure meeting you and your family. Though our interaction was brief, Captrajesh but someday we will meet more leisurely. Thanks for the photos. The place is in its early days and should settle soon. Have a great vacation and much love from the both of us.
Hi
Sushant
You have done a great job. Years ago I went to Dharmashala and was elated having felt the serene atmosphere there. If ever I have a chance to go there again,surely I will pay a visit to your place and enjoy music. I think you are doing a good job for the last romantics, the vinyl enthusiasts. Keep it up my friend.
Cheers
Bhaskar

Hi
Sushant
You have done a great job. Years ago I went to Dharmashala and was elated having felt the serene atmosphere there. If ever I have a chance to go there again,surely I will pay a visit to your place and enjoy music. I think you are doing a good job for the last romantics, the vinyl enthusiasts. Keep it up my friend.
Cheers
Bhaskar
Thanks for the kind words Bhaskar. just trying to make a living doing what I like. Pls do visit when in the area. Will be nice. :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back