Cambridge audio azur 551r v2 or 751r v2

Which one i should go for as far Q acoustics 7000i HT setup is considered??

a) Cambridge audio 551r v2
b) Cambridge Audio 751vr2

Anyone knows the price of 751R V2 in india?

P.S for knowledge, how can i connect iphone to cambridge audio receivers wireless for music playback?

Any suggestion for good converter to convert 110v to 220 v to power denon x4000 bought from USA?

Please do not open duplicate threads!

Any particular feature you are looking for on an AVR? I mean why are you looking at Cambridge Audio AVR's?

You can consider Marantz 1605 which is powerful enough for Q acoustics 7000i and has built in Wifi and Bluetooth. And look at Pioneer VSX 924 if you feel 1605 is expensive.

I agree with Bharath, although the 7000i is only 85dB sensitive yet even 551r is an overkill because the main advantage of 551r over the matrantz will be difficult to realize for you
1. 551r can deliver 50W per channel for all channels driven together whereas the similar marantz or denon AVRs will provide only that power while driving just two channels at a time. Even if your speakers can handle upto 100 Watts yet I believe you would never be listening at that high volume.
2. You speakers cannot go down below 95Hz so if you want to listen to stereo bassy music or double up the bass from subwoofer with bass from speakers you would not be able to get much benefit.

Rather if you want to use use floorstands or bookshelves which can go down to 40 / 30 Hz then that is where you will get the benefit of the extra power because it is the low frequency sounds which require higher power output to produce.

Marantz 1605 has so many freezing issues as What i have read in the reviews from most of the people. Suggest me a AVR thats good for music and movies both.

Any plans of upgrading speakers to at least bookshelves if not already purchased? If not then try Denon too as otherwise you would not be able to take advantage of 551R over Denon (say X1000 or X2000)

i have read in the reviews from most of the people. Suggest me a AVR thats good for music and movies both.
BNYoqy

How is pioneer 924 as compared with Denon X1000 as Pioneer 924 has sub equilizer

From specs at least the Denon is going to provide you cleaner sound as for 8 ohms impedance its THD figures are much better than pioneer. Note that you do not hear at peak power as those are deafening levels

Regarding Sub EQ in pioneer probably it is a good feature but if you want to invest in a costly powered sub, many subs have in built EQ control in them and you may get the flexibility to experiment and adjust with time. However EQ as it means is going to alter the actual sound as per your liking (probably) by suppressing a particular frequency or amplifying another which I do not usually prefer. Nevertheless for beginners it will be definitely a nice feature.

Do not compare Pioneer 924 with Denon X1000, they both are actually different segment. You are comparing a 7.2 channel to a 5.1 channel AVR. Proper comparison would be X2000. Still Pioneer 924 is a newer model and has built in wi-fi and bluetooth feature which is actually usable every day. From what I see, it is the most bang for buck product.

Do not compare Pioneer 924 with Denon X1000, they both are actually different segment. You are comparing a 7.2 channel to a 5.1 channel AVR. Proper comparison would be X2000. Still Pioneer 924 is a newer model and has built in wi-fi and bluetooth feature which is actually usable every day. From what I see, it is the most bang for buck product.

and pioneer has HDMI 2.0 hardware,i.e 4K passthrough 60hz
x2100W has comparative features.

I have auditioned Monitor audio r90 HT setup as well as Monitor Audio BX2 Ht setup and BX5 setup but BX5 setup super expensive

BX2 and R90HT1 fits my bill. Now suggest me an AVR for these two. No marantz plz

For R90HT1 I can only think of Denon X2100 at least since its sensitivity is low, however for BX2 you can also go with Denon X1100 as well since its sensitivity is quite high in my opinion. I would suggest buy the speakers first and then take the speakers for audition to pair with different AVRs, only the front speakers will be enough to carry. I think music will sound better in the BX2.

Guys, How good a deal would it be if I am getting a Cambridge Audio Azur 551R for Rs.45000??
How will a Azur 551R compare with Marantz NR1504 or NR1604? I have heard on the forum about Cambridge Audio being sweet and Warm; will it go well with Boston Acoustics speakers?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back