can there be such a thing?

can there be such a thing as a 'list of the greatest songs?'..well to begin with here is one..
Bob Dylan number tops Greatest Songs List- Hindustan Times

well, moktan -

there are 1.66 billion persons extant today in our living world -

there are bound to be about a 1 million selections of "greatest songs i have ever heard" or "greatest compositions i have ever heard".

and ajay124 - (of our forum) - will not like the "list" mentioned in that hindustan times article.

regards
suri

Last edited:
why do people make lists?

SPIEGEL Interview with Umberto Eco: 'We Like Lists Because We Don't Want to Die' - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

wondered why listless meant what it means....?? sorry to sound like a PJ from the comic strip B.C.

which, though, as the wiki says is " among the longest-running strips by its original creator, appearing daily in newspapers since February 17, 1958. "

well, yeah, that is one way of looking at the whole scheme of things-

but, i think, that we make lists because each one of us is insecure about our place in this world - and how we stand in relation to the others -

so we make lists - post them in public -

and pick our friends (and enemies) - according to - who likes our lists and those who do not.

at the end of the day - it is our insecurity - and our lack of knowledge about our purpose in this world -

that leads us to make lists.

read jiddu krishanmurthy - he will confuse you if you cannot see through him - he was insecure in himself!:lol:

regds
suri

in spite of all that i would have wanted 'rainy day woman' or even 'subterranean homesick blues' to have topped the list..

though..It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity

Well, there is one site I used to keep as my reference...in fact it was one of my most important sources to get new music. DigitalDreamDoor.com - Home Page

I haven't checked it in years now, but seems like they have added a few new categories as well...I am pretty sure those will be worthwhile to check out.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back