Can we connect two different watts subwoofer to av receiver

gillieee

I have a
Yamaha Sub 50W to 100W
Polk HTS 12 400W
AV Denon AVC X4700H

What happens if i connect two different Watts sub to receiver?

Reason being, I don’t want to keep it un used, so planning to connect Yamaha which was my old sub.

Please advise.

It is more important to do the volume match and phase align. As long as you can do that, you should be reasonably good. Generally, low powered subs start to distort at high volume.

On your question - nothing will happen - as the subs have their own amps. So all the AVR is doing is sending the signal to them. There are other problems to consider while using dual sub, but wattage impact on AVR is not one of them.

Thanks!

I have a
Yamaha Sub 50W to 100W
Polk HTS 12 400W
AV Denon AVC X4700H

What happens if i connect two different Watts sub to receiver?

Reason being, I don’t want to keep it un used, so planning to connect Yamaha which was my old sub.

Please advise.
You will have no issues connecting both the subs to your AVR. You can use the yamaha sub just to fill in above 40 Hz. Let the polk handle up to 40 Hz and lower.

You can of course.. you just need to match the levels so they fire at the same volume. for that disconnect the speakers and play only the subs, maybe a tone at 40Hz and match their SPLs.

Along with the speakers first setup the Yamaha sub and then the Polk.

Connecting two different watts subwoofer to av receiver is not an issue and will not harm AV receiver. Because Sub woofers are powered by themselves and only signal will be feed from AV receiver to SUB.
However It will not sound right / or you will not hear anything from less powered Sub. Tweaking different watts subwoofer is tricky.
You may keep the Polk HTS 12 400W in the front stage and keep the Yamaha Sub at the back stage and try tweaking it. By this way You may get little more bass boosted from the back stage.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back