Can you suggest a 55 inch 4K TV? A long dream...

Visited a few showrooms today with my wife as we had decided to take the final plunge. Again the comparison between Sony and Samsung, but I'm convinced that I'm getting the Sony 55x9000E and that is final which I made it clear to my better half.

Now, the final quotes what I got for the Sony 55x9000E + 2 years additional warranty are...
Reliance Digital - 149990/- free kindle paperwhite + (Warranty - 20000/-)
Croma - 142500/- free kindle paperwhite + (Warranty - 17000/-)
Sony Center - 140000/- no offers + (Warranty - 25000/-)
Pai International - 150000/- no offers + (Warranty - included... additional 2 years)

Now the best prices I got is from Croma (159500/- with kindle + 2yrs warranty) and Pai (150000/- incl 2 yrs warranty).
From the above two I like the offer from Pai but I am not comfortable nor bought any items from them before and I'm skeptical about their warranty upholding policy. Whereas, Croma is a named brand from Tata and have bought multiple items before with no issues.

Guys what are your opinion on this, as it will help me in making the final decision.

Pai is also a big distributor in Bangalore. But why bother about the warranty with the distributor as your warranty is from the Sony right? If its via the seller (distributor) then I do not think its a good one irrespective of the amount especially with TVs.

Pai is also a big distributor in Bangalore. But why bother about the warranty with the distributor as your warranty is from the Sony right? If its via the seller (distributor) then I do not think its a good one irrespective of the amount especially with TVs.

The 1 year warranty is from Sony, the additional 2 years is being given by the respective dealer, which they confirmed that the technicians are from Sony company and the dealers are taking the responsibility of any issues arising in panel, motherboard, I/O etc. Croma person sounded very promising and convincing on the additional warranty and repeated multiple times with regards to the warranty. Pai salesman, just said we will do it and take care of it.

Visited a few showrooms today with my wife as we had decided to take the final plunge. Again the comparison between Sony and Samsung, but I'm convinced that I'm getting the Sony 55x9000E and that is final which I made it clear to my better half.

Now, the final quotes what I got for the Sony 55x9000E + 2 years additional warranty are...
Pai International - 150000/- no offers + (Warranty - included... additional 2 years)

Now the best prices I got is from Croma (159500/- with kindle + 2yrs warranty) and Pai (150000/- incl 2 yrs warranty).
From the above two I like the offer from Pai but I am not comfortable nor bought any items from them before and I'm skeptical about their warranty upholding policy. Whereas, Croma is a named brand from Tata and have bought multiple items before with no issues.

Guys what are your opinion on this, as it will help me in making the final decision.

Have the prices gone up again? I got the 65 inch 65X9000E for ~1.75 including the Kindle in December. Try Girias and Devi international as well. They give the best prices. Also, let them know you will buy it right away if they give u a good price. You should see a decent reduction in price.

Also, check out Paytm, Flipkart, Amazon etc. I saw it going for 1.33 after cashback on Paytm and just 5399 for extended warranty of a year.

The 1 year warranty is from Sony, the additional 2 years is being given by the respective dealer, which they confirmed that the technicians are from Sony company and the dealers are taking the responsibility of any issues arising in panel, motherboard, I/O etc. Croma person sounded very promising and convincing on the additional warranty and repeated multiple times with regards to the warranty. Pai salesman, just said we will do it and take care of it.

I am not sure about the experience with the distributor warranty when compared to the company warranty. You need to ask around about how actually each of these distributors acknowledge when it comes to honouring their warranties. When selling everyone talks and give you the moon but in reality none will bother the moment you buy and step out of the showroom.

Have the prices gone up again? I got the 65 inch 65X9000E for ~1.75 including the Kindle in December. Try Girias and Devi international as well. They give the best prices. Also, let them know you will buy it right away if they give u a good price. You should see a decent reduction in price.

Also, check out Paytm, Flipkart, Amazon etc. I saw it going for 1.33 after cashback on Paytm and just 5399 for extended warranty of a year.

Prices have gone up after the budget and currently there are no festivals or offers. I inquired about the 65" also and learnt that its been stopped and only the demo pieces is being sold at some locations at the price ranging from 1.6-1.8. Well, you got a very good deal...

Thanks for the suggestions, shall try them next weekend and will check online too. Amazon shows 1.48, will check the rest also.

I am not sure about the experience with the distributor warranty when compared to the company warranty. You need to ask around about how actually each of these distributors acknowledge when it comes to honouring their warranties. When selling everyone talks and give you the moon but in reality none will bother the moment you buy and step out of the showroom.

That's quite true, but seems its like this only.

What is the price these guys offer for LG C7 and LG B7? I am sure you would have seen their performance. do you still think that Sony performs much better than the OLED from LG?

I can’t find any lg OLED tvs for 1.5 lacs anywhere as a few members suggested on this thread......

What is the price these guys offer for LG C7 and LG B7? I am sure you would have seen their performance. do you still think that Sony performs much better than the OLED from LG?

I was really amazed and liked the oleds from LG but price is biting me. The best offer for the C7 I got was 2L after all discounts and no offers from croma. This was really very good, especially the colours were true real life like. But again the price is 50k more and above that addional warranty would be around 15k for 1 year alone.

Way out of budget for me.

I can’t find any lg OLED tvs for 1.5 lacs anywhere as a few members suggested on this thread......
LG OLED B7 is being typically offered around 1.7 lacs by big dealers/ chains. There is some offer from LG going on, which gives additional 20K cashback (google for the offer). Which will push the price closer to 1.5. Also you can avail 0 emi scheme, which is also equivalent of 10-12K for 18 mths emi.

I have demoed Sony and LG Oleds closely. LG Oleds are in different league. You just can't compare.

@manzb i can’t find anything on the net wrt to offers on any lg OLED for 1.7 lac.

Would u be having a link? Thanks.

Yes saket, that's what I'm also saying....but someone said oleds were less than 2 lacs hence was wondering.. ..

I think I've waited enough and can't stand this long wait without a tv for myself. I feel that I shall take the final plunge this weekend, hoping to get a better offer for holi festival.

Visit Girias. They give a better discount than any other shops. They also have PayTM cash back offers(not sure if still present) which reduces the price even further.

Thanks mate but I still don’t think u will get an OLED 55 inch C7 or B7 for 1.5 lacs.

The 20k cashback is on the mrp and the mrp is 2.35 lacs. That’s the cheapest OLED in the 55 inch. It’s a B6.

Checked again with a few stores today none of them are offering any discounts for holi. All are saying to wait for 18th March on account of Ugadi/Gudi Padwa. Possibility of a 10% discount as told by croma person. So another 3 weeks waiting now...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back