Can you suggest a 55 inch 4K TV? A long dream...

Finally I bought the Sony 55x9000E today and the delivery and installation is scheduled for tomorrow. I could not wait more and just took the decision to buy today late evening.

Thanks to all and everyone here for your valubale opinions and suggestions, it was really helpful as always.

Shall update with pics and initial thoughts once I've the tv.

Finally I bought the Sony 55x9000E today and the delivery and installation is scheduled for tomorrow. I could not wait more and just took the decision to buy today late evening.

Thanks to all and everyone here for your valubale opinions and suggestions, it was really helpful as always.

Shall update with pics and initial thoughts once I've the tv.
Congrats! How much did you end up paying and where did you get it from?

Thanks mate but I still don’t think u will get an OLED 55 inch C7 or B7 for 1.5 lacs.

The 20k cashback is on the mrp and the mrp is 2.35 lacs. That’s the cheapest OLED in the 55 inch. It’s a B6.
Have you enquired with Kohinoor, or Arcee in Mumbai? They will give you quote for C7 at around 1.7.

Congrats! How much did you end up paying and where did you get it from?

Thanks. Well totally I paid 1.60 with 1+2 years warranty and kindle white + Swivel tv wall mount free (worth 3.5k) from Reliance Digital.

Have you enquired with Kohinoor, or Arcee in Mumbai? They will give you quote for C7 at around 1.7.

No, as I was very much confined to a max budget which was extending every now and then, opting for oled with additional warranty it would have crossed 2L. I'm happy with my purchase, no doubt oled's are a different beast altogether.

Got the delivery today morning and wall mount installation by early afternoon. After all setting up which took some time for me as using a smart tv is the first time experience for me and I'm overwhelmed with the variety of apps, facilities and quality. Well I can surely say that I'm very happy and feel fulfilled by having this tv. Well I've longed for this moment and now it's complete.

Still many things to check and configure and try out. Was able to redirect the audio from apps and Tata sky to the avr via arc and the quality is good. Took some time to get it working as TV Audio wasn't switching on the avr. The IR blaster is too good and takes all commands instantaneously for changing channels. The need for Tata sky remote is not required anymore.

Will post some images of the set up and write up more findings as I go through.

Hi, please consider the 55 inch LG Oled. The latest ones (2018) models will be about 2L and even 2017 model will be around 1.8 right now, but if you find a 2016 model for 1.5L just go for it. There's no difference in picture quality between the various year models (at least between 2016 and 2017 - I checked since 2017 one was out when I was shopping for a TV. After much research I just bought the 2016 B-series for 1.7 lakhs and never regretted it. Should be even cheaper now). You are future proof for at least 10 years - it has dolby HDR and HDR+, deepest blacks and supports all the regular audio profiles.

The picture quality between oled and normal LED is just night and day, especially in lower brightness settings.

Got the delivery today morning and wall mount installation by early afternoon. After all setting up which took some time for me as using a smart tv is the first time experience for me and I'm overwhelmed with the variety of apps, facilities and quality. Well I can surely say that I'm very happy and feel fulfilled by having this tv. Well I've longed for this moment and now it's complete.

Still many things to check and configure and try out. Was able to redirect the audio from apps and Tata sky to the avr via arc and the quality is good. Took some time to get it working as TV Audio wasn't switching on the avr. The IR blaster is too good and takes all commands instantaneously for changing channels. The need for Tata sky remote is not required anymore.

Awesome Congratz dude. Enjoy your Tv. Happy to see you finally made the good deal

Great, there are a few tips to speed up the general operation of the TV. Switch off Youtube suggestions etc.

After watching for an hour the arc return function stopped working and the avr was not detecting any audio source from the tv, nor the tv was able to send an 'enable' command to a HDMI device. This was sure that the HDMI cable was malfunctioning.

I've just placed an order for amazonbasics HDMI cable which will be delivered by tomorrow, hopefully this should work fine as it is certified and has plenty of reviews.

Anyone using the amazonbasics cable? Does the arc function work properly and like forever?

After watching for an hour the arc return function stopped working and the avr was not detecting any audio source from the tv, nor the tv was able to send an 'enable' command to a HDMI device. This was sure that the HDMI cable was malfunctioning.

I've just placed an order for amazonbasics HDMI cable which will be delivered by tomorrow, hopefully this should work fine as it is certified and has plenty of reviews.

Anyone using the amazonbasics cable? Does the arc function work properly and like forever?
Yes, i'm using an Amazonbasics cable. Works fine with my receiver and TV.

Then I guess I'll change all my HDMI cables one by one. Does it also improve the video quality. What I use is, was bought over the counter at an electronics store for 150-200rs.

Then I guess I'll change all my HDMI cables one by one. Does it also improve the video quality. What I use is, was bought over the counter at an electronics store for 150-200rs.
video quality will be the same but your ARC issues is because of the cheap hdmi cables that cost 150rs.

Even I have all the devices (shield, Airtel DTH, LG Blu ray and Avr to TV) using Amazon basics cable. Previously I used the bundled cables with the Blu ray player and it always gave some issues. Now no worries. All works great :)

Thanks for your replies.

Now I would like to know if a stabilizer is required for the tv as it has a power brick between the wall socket and the tv. The installation guy said it's not required, but I feel that instead of getting a stabilizer why not put a ups.

Any suggestions on this front are welcome. Is it fine to use a ups for the tv? I was planning for a APC 600va or a 1100va ups.

I am using UPS on TV. I am may be doing an overkill but I have connected the surge guard to socket and have connected UPS to the surge guard.

I use a large Stabiliser with a six socket mains extension on the outlet which supports all my AV gear, works well for me.

Received the amazonbasics HDMI cable and connected to see the arc function work but unfortunately it does not. I've tried resetting everything again but all in vain.

The bundled HDMI cable with Tata sky hd box worked perfectly and automatically switches on the avr and switches to tv audio when there is a audio signal.

I was for sure the amazonbasics cable will work but I'm surprised that it did not work. Well I'm returning it and there is no option for a refund, Amazon will send a replacement.

Received the amazonbasics HDMI cable and connected to see the arc function work but unfortunately it does not. I've tried resetting everything again but all in vain.

The bundled HDMI cable with Tata sky hd box worked perfectly and automatically switches on the avr and switches to tv audio when there is a audio signal.

I was for sure the amazonbasics cable will work but I'm surprised that it did not work. Well I'm returning it and there is no option for a refund, Amazon will send a replacement.

What are the settings on your TV?

What are the settings on your TV?

Tv has bravia sync control set to on. And it displays all connected HDMI devices in the list. When connecting with Tata sky provided cable it shows denon x4100 in the list, but none when using amazonbasics cable.

Tv has bravia sync control set to on. And it displays all connected HDMI devices in the list. When connecting with Tata sky provided cable it shows denon x4100 in the list, but none when using amazonbasics cable.

Might be a faulty cable.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back