Carry Home Theaters to India

sarathee

Right now I am in USA I planed to bring home theaters to India I booked air France flight tickets also, is it possible to bring the home theaters to India and customs will accept it, they will put any charges for that like tax I am not aware of that please answer to me

Thank you
Regards
Parthasarathi

Hello

HT is an all inclusive term-there will be speakers, and AV Receiver, a dsplay unit( projector + screen/ LCD TV) and a source(DVD player or media player). You will not be able to bring all of them, so it is good to narrow it down to what you can check in. Budget and weight/volume will prevent you bringing everything. There are a lot of on going threads, please read up.

George

upto 25k it is tax free. above that it is about 30% if im not mistaken. unless youre bringing satellites, speakers will be too bulky to carry. perhaps if you just bring in the amp will be a good idea

Right now I am in USA I planed to bring home theaters to India I booked air France flight tickets also, is it possible to bring the home theaters to India and customs will accept it, they will put any charges for that like tax I am not aware of that please answer to me

Thank you
Regards
Parthasarathi

what exactly are you planning to get ? maybe then forum members can help? You can bring upto 25k Rs without any duty

Back