CD player or ext. DA-converter?

^^^^
im in too.
however i may require the 7510 since i may not need the usb
(i remember at least 4-5 ppl in mumbai wanted one too)
where are thy?

I am quite interested in the product, but just a little confused due to

1. it is not able to do a high res on USB. So forget 24/96 etc on USB. But for rips of CDs it should work fine.

2. lot of posts around saying music over USB can be compromised if other devices are sharing the same bus. I am not sure how to provide a dedicated bus to a USB device. Some other SMPS related issues might also show up.

regards

7520 comes with USb 2.0 ,but still-

http://www.beresford-dac.com/best-connection

Last edited:
I am interested as well. It is said that m-audio transit usb may be better. Not sure if this will take more inputs like a CD player. And the cost is about 8k.

E-MU 0404 is also looking like an interesting one - http://www.amazon.com/Emu-0404-Audi...=wl_it_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Can some experts comment on whether these USB sound cards can be used to take inputs other than USB, like coax or optical from devices like CDP?

regards

Last edited:
How?

I m in Mumbai, others from Blore,delhi also interested.

Might be possible to order as a group with individual names/addresses which can then be used to send out the items individually.

Another option is to get a promo code or something similar to users/members of this forum and those with the promo code get a discount. This way all who want to go for it can individually order for themselves instead of there being a group order.

Third option is for someone to take the initiative and place the bulk/group order and then upon receiving re-parcel/send out to different individuals on this forum.

I'm sure others can/will come up with more suggestions/ideas.

Let's make a list for the 7520.... Please add your name to the list.

1. anm
2. spirovious
3. suprateep
4. magma (7510)
5. cmsajith
6. saikat74

But who's going to front the gang? anyone?

I am in touch with Stan, have exchanged a couple of mails with my stupid questions and he has answered many of them patiently. I think just communicating over email for group order will be sufficient to get a decent discount.

But can anyone answer my questions about m-audio transit, m-audio audiophile usb and e-mu? Can they accept inputs from CDP etc? Though the specs say they have such inputs, it seems they are meant for recording and not for playback. Maybe using a comp they can be looped back?

Help!!!!

I can do that fronting part. What is your expected discount?
It is listed for 155 pounds. I would expect a decent deal would be around 100 pounds. I think Stan visits this forum and he should agree for this price.
Not sure about the shipping/ custom cost. Will it attract more duty if we order for a single box for around 10 such DACs?

regards

I am in touch with Stan, have exchanged a couple of mails with my stupid questions and he has answered many of them patiently. I think just communicating over email for group order will be sufficient to get a decent discount.

But can anyone answer my questions about m-audio transit, m-audio audiophile usb and e-mu? Can they accept inputs from CDP etc? Though the specs say they have such inputs, it seems they are meant for recording and not for playback. Maybe using a comp they can be looped back?

Help!!!!

I checked your link & found it has Coax input.But price is abt 16k.

hello all

i found that the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H MOB features an optical port too

now can this port be connected to the optical ip of a DAC?

what would happen in this case?

would the PC recognise the DAC as a soundcard ?
would this work?

It won't. Why would you want the pc to recognize your external DAC as a sound card?

Regards

if you are using digital out, the sound card remains the same, the onboard sound card. Computer sends audio digital audio data to sound card, and sound card splits it on digital out, or analog out (via its inbuilt DAC). Computer doesn't need to know about an external DAC in this case. Instead of a dedicated DAC, you could use the inbuild DAC of an AVR through this connection as well. For comp and sound card, their duty is finished once it is out of their digital out :)

regards

i didnt know the optical output of the said gigabyte motherboard directly outputs audio siganls ( i.e the song that i play in say foobar)
i was under the assumption that the computer must recognise the DAC as an external soundcard ,only them will it stream audio data through that optical out.

For e.g when you use the usb out of the comp and connect it to the DAC how is the comp supposed to know thats its supposed to OP digital audio signal via the usb port to the DAC.
this is not possible i think.
the comp must recognise the DAC as a soundcard for it to send audio siganls to the DAC \
its not as simple as plug and play

i thought the same is applicable for the optical?SPDIF output

Moserw/ gooble
please correct the above if you have the experience or confirmed knowledge

@anm: Hope you are aware there is no RC for Beresford 7520. This means that your Harmony cannot set up any activity using this device.

can someoneshed some light on this
the gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h MOB website as below
GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0)
states in its specifications(audio section) that it has SPDIF/optical SUPPORT
what does it mean?
does the MOB come with an optical out or not?

"the word support generally means the MOB supports it but is notincluded
however the confusion isthere because on the same page when you enlarge the picture of the MOB you can see the optical out put jack

so what is it
does this MOB come with the opticalout or NOT?

you can also refer here
Pg no.85 of the manual says SPDIF cable is OPTIONAL
http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/Manual/motherboard_manual_ga-ma78gm-s2h_e.pdf

this adds more confusionbecause now theres notonly andopticaloutbut also digital outs

the info doesnot tally with the enlarged pic

can any user of the board shed some light

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back