Choose between Pioneer VSX-323 Yamaha YHT 196

Bought Pioneer 323 in a tight budget @15k. But confused to buy speakers in my budget which is around 20k. Dont know what to do. Any solutions on entry level speakers?

I think any entry level sub woofer will cost more than 8k and the rest of speakers will cost you around 10K.
I gathered these information from forums and online stores(ebay, amazon, snapdeal, hifimart)

You can start from here 5.1 Home Theatre System

BTW where did you buy this AVR?

Thanks for the information. Have you tried AVX 390? it is as good as HTS 3500. But I am hearing some bad feedback for onkyo, so analyzing on that.
Have you reached out to Yamaha dealers?
If you get any information on availability of these model pls let me know.

FYI
Onkyo USA Support Forum View topic - HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=o...te:www.avsforum.com&es_sm=93&biw=1366&bih=643
Avx 390 is a very old model released in 2011 and no one is recommending that. I guess this model is available only in reliance to sell off excess stock.

Avx 390 is a very old model released in 2011 and no one is recommending that. I guess this model is available only in reliance to sell off excess stock.

Yeah you are right, but AVX 390 has got DTS HD where as HTS 3500 doesn't.
Or is there any advantage over AVX 390 ?

Looks like the same problem every where . They said they dont have YHT-299 Stock and it will take a week to get it. Am also waiting :p

Looks like the same problem everywhere, YHT is not in Stock and it will take a week. Am also waiting for that :)

Pioneer VSX-323 AVR is a very good model. It has almost everything. I use it with S-31W. It has an amazing bass response. But looks like S-31W have some problem, other than that the receiver is a very good one.

Today I had a chance to audition YHT 299, Denon x500, Onkyo AVX 390, all these were auditioned with my favorite contents(Videos+Music).
I auditioned in this order YHT 299, Onkyo AVX 390, Denon x500.

And I got good feel in this order Denon x500>Onkyo AVX 390>YHT 299.
Denon rocked.....
Yes Onkyo surprised me with it deep bass and I liked it, but just wondering if it is a good brand or not. In reliance they are giving guarantee for this model.

Confused very much.:confused:

I have returned the Pioneer VSX 323k after 2 days of usage, here are the issues I faced:

1. Its too bright , high treble, vocals are weak.
2. Popping sound when playing or stopping a track.
3. Not able to drive 8 Ohm speakers, lacks the depth.
4. Performs badly when fed with multi channel AAC.

I moved onto Denon x500. Its awesome.

Nikihilstomer,

Same problem, I am waiting to return the HTP-323 from the 2nd day..still waiting on the YHT-299 stock. Need to audition Denon x500.

I personally feel that Treble is low and vocals are weak.
Popping sound - ultimately thats a subwoofer problem.:eek:hyeah:

Yeah you are right, but AVX 390 has got DTS HD where as HTS 3500 doesn't.
Or is there any advantage over AVX 390 ?
It does have dts HD and is way better than 390. I have auditioned at prodigi this weekend and found very good. I'm planning to get this model as the service is good in chennai. Yamaha don't have direct service centre in chennai and takes ages to get it repaired.

It does have dts HD and is way better than 390. I have auditioned at prodigi this weekend and found very good. I'm planning to get this model as the service is good in chennai. Yamaha don't have direct service centre in chennai and takes ages to get it repaired.

Yeah I checked the spec it does have HD.
When comparing both there is no major difference in specs.
Price wise AVX390 is 4000 cheaper and has free blue-ray player offer.
Have you checked whether Onkyo is reliable and service centers available in Chennai.
What is the quoted price for S3500?.
Any way before buying I will have an audition of s3500.

Yeah I checked the spec it does have HD.
When comparing both there is no major difference in specs.
Price wise AVX390 is 4000 cheaper and has free blue-ray player offer.
Have you checked whether Onkyo is reliable and service centers available in Chennai.
What is the quoted price for S3500?.
Any way before buying I will have an audition of s3500.
It is just a gimmick to sell off the old stock. That philips blu ray player doesn't support all formats. So it will be waste of money. I have enquired local dealers and the best price I got is 28k which is very good for 3500. PM me if you are interested.

It is just a gimmick to sell off the old stock. That philips blu ray player doesn't support all formats. So it will be waste of money. I have enquired local dealers and the best price I got is 28k which is very good for 3500. PM me if you are interested.

Have you compared AVX 390? Anything you found?

Hi,

I have auditioned Yamaha YHT 299, Onkyo S3500 and Pioneer htp-33. Of them I liked YHT 299 and S3500. For movies, I guess there is not much to choose in between these two systems. Both are very good. For Music, I liked YHT 299 a little better. I listen to lot of old songs and Classical music. Although both these systems are ok for old songs, I thought YHT 299 was better. Also, I have heard of heating issues with AVR of S3500. So, finally I have gone ahead with YHT 299 which I have been using for the past 9 months. I can say that I am fairly happy with the system.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Hi,

I have auditioned Yamaha YHT 299, Onkyo S3500 and Pioneer htp-33. Of them I liked YHT 299 and S3500. For movies, I guess there is not much to choose in between these two systems. Both are very good. For Music, I liked YHT 299 a little better. I listen to lot of old songs and Classical music. Although both these systems are ok for old songs, I thought YHT 299 was better. Also, I have heard of heating issues with AVR of S3500. So, finally I have gone ahead with YHT 299 which I have been using for the past 9 months. I can say that I am fairly happy with the system.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Again confusion Yamaha or Onkyo.....:sad:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back