Choosing active subwoofer

sand87ch

I am looking to purchase an active subwoofer that would be paired with a RXV-685 and i have very less knowledge about a good one in the market even after reading through many articles.I am residing in kerala.I dont know if the below ones especially SVS can be had for less offline.

Many of these except polk are really costly.
My room is 15*14 ft and the front speakers i use are Polk signature series S20 bookshelves. Do I need more than 10inch drivers??

I was on the lookout for a POLK HTS 10 considering the price. Though i got suggested SVS too and came across BIC and elacs too.The ones i saw are

1.Polk HTS 10 - 491$(Rs36000)
2.Polk HTS12 - 642$(Rs 47000)
2.SVS SB 1000 - 1052$(Rs77000)
3.SVS PB1000-1052$(Rs77000)
4.ELAC 3010-806$(59000)
5.BIC PL200 II - 683$(49980Rs)

Could you guys suggest
1.any better subwoofer at reasonable costs that will fit my room
2.The driver size suitable for my room

Please consider the pricing as SVS almost all are in the 1000$ range.

If you are getting SVS PB & SB1000 for the same price then go for PB 1000.

Never seen anyone selling the SVS PB below 75K anywhere online and thats the issue.Not ok to spend that high

Love4sound is selling his XTZ 10 subwoofer which is supposed to be good. It would be a good idea to PM him & discuss with him & see if it suits your needs.
Frankly speaking I would not shell out 77k for the SVS PB or SB 1000 since its price in India is escalated & there is no value for money.

I am looking to purchase an active subwoofer that would be paired with a RXV-685 and i have very less knowledge about a good one in the market even after reading through many articles.I am residing in kerala.I dont know if the below ones especially SVS can be had for less offline.

Many of these except polk are really costly.
My room is 15*14 ft and the front speakers i use are Polk signature series S20 bookshelves. Do I need more than 10inch drivers??

I was on the lookout for a POLK HTS 10 considering the price. Though i got suggested SVS too and came across BIC and elacs too.The ones i saw are

1.Polk HTS 10 - 491$(Rs36000)
2.Polk HTS12 - 642$(Rs 47000)
2.SVS SB 1000 - 1052$(Rs77000)
3.SVS PB1000-1052$(Rs77000)
4.ELAC 3010-806$(59000)
5.BIC PL200 II - 683$(49980Rs)

Could you guys suggest
1.any better subwoofer at reasonable costs that will fit my room
2.The driver size suitable for my room

Please consider the pricing as SVS almost all are in the 1000$ range.
Hi, You can check this out.

Love4sound is selling his XTZ 10 subwoofer which is supposed to be good. It would be a good idea to PM him & discuss with him & see if it suits your needs.
Frankly speaking I would not shell out 77k for the SVS PB or SB 1000 since its price in India is escalated & there is no value for money.
Thanks Nitin but 10.17 sold and I have purchased a 12.17

Hi, You can check this out.
Thanks for the link but not going for a used item

Thanks for the link but not going for a used item
The warranty on them is still on & one of the subs seems to be in 9.5/10 condition. SVS warranty is 5 years on the entire sub. It is a good buy imho. But if you are keen on going for new stuff then Sonodyne, Polk or Bic may fit in your budget.

BIC is the PL200 good?saw smwhr that their build is not that good and make tapping or some kind of noise if driven loud

BIC is the PL200 good?saw smwhr that their build is not that good and make tapping or some kind of noise if driven loud

I have no idea about Bic since I am using a svs. You may need to ask Bic users on the forum since they seem to be quite popular for the money.

Bic is good. Build is decent and no tapping noise. May be the unit had fault and the fm Who made the comment assumed it’s a common fault. What is your maximum budget for a sub woofer? Below 50k Bic is well reviewed in India. Other options below 50k are Polk, Taga, mission. The new q acoustics sealed sub also received good reviews and available below 50k.

50K.Cant extend to 77 for the SVS .well we can say its just 27k more but still 77K for a sub is like too much.Thats why

Bic is good. Build is decent and no tapping noise. May be the unit had fault and the fm Who made the comment assumed it’s a common fault. What is your maximum budget for a sub woofer? Below 50k Bic is well reviewed in India. Other options below 50k are Polk, Taga, mission. The new q acoustics sealed sub also received good reviews and available below 50k.
This is the thread

I have used bic and found no such issues. For 77 k pb 1000 is a bad buy. The xtz 12.17 will be a better pick for that cost

anyone from kerala or kochi who knows authorized dealers for bic america or svs subs?if i go for bic is it safe to go via amazon where prohome audio supposed distributors of bic are listed as a seller

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back