CinemaTube Mini

sgd177

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a media player to play my downloaded movies on the TV. I was initially interested in Xtreamer and Xtreamer Pro and nearly went through the entire forum there from the start.

However, I'm primarily interested in a device that has capability to playback movies AND download torrents as I find that I have to keep my laptop on for several hours a day to download content and I definitely don't want to make it a 24/7 device (and possibly burn out its HDD).

After some research I found CinemaTube Mini which can download torrents to USB or eSata attached storage and playback and support Wifi (my other requirement) Its only $110 in the US and was considering buying it from 20north when it becomes available (its older sibling CinemaTube is available and cheaper but doesn't have Wifi support).

My question is do other forum members have experience with this device? Reviews on Amazon show that customers are fairly happy (except for a plain interface and annoying lights on the device).

The other options I could think of :

1) WD TV Live with custom firmware that supports torrents but I didn't want to hack around with the device but use something officially support.
2) Xtreamer with E-trayz but that's two devices and more money out of my pocket than I would like.

I'm not anywhere close to a hifi enhusiast as some of the knowledgeable members are. Main requirement was to offload movie viewing and torrent download out of my computer onto a different device with an external USB drive so if it burn out out of 24x7 use I only have to get a new USB drive. I don't have much of an understanding of different HD standards and I guess I would be happy with anything that is regular dvd quality or more with HDMI support.

You can consider ACRyan PlayOn!HD (bigger model) that supports torrents.
There is a group buy thread going on in this forum, you can join them. The price for
the group buy is very good at this moment.

Hi Sivakuru,

I went through that thread. Its still Rs10K for group buy. Cinemago is $110 with wifi and hdmi cable. I don't know how much that will be once it is available in Rs but probably not 10k.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back