Colonial Cousins - Unplugged [Vinyl Release]

The Black Friday vinyl will be a 300 copies limited edition. Guys, please help these guys Kaushik and group , they are doing a fantastic job!! We can understand from the superlative mastering of Colonial Cousins Unplugged, buy as much and ask your friends and family into vinyl to collect this release. They have a great plan in place and can be executed only with our active suppport.

Just came across this thread. The colonial cousins 'unplugged' version is one of my favourite albums with some great songs on it. Thanks for the heads up on this - will try and get the LP version.

For those who have got the LP, how much did this cost you?

Talked with Mr. Koushik. He said that the LP is priced at Rs 2000 + shipping of Rs 150.

Is it only available with this Gentleman ( ie Mr koushik) or is it available anywhere else as well ?

I got it for the same price of 2,150 including shipping. Looks like this is only available with Mr. Koushik. He said this is special edition hence this cost.

Thanks, who is Koushik..is he a dealer ? just curious on where he gets it.

I have also ordered the LP. He says they have sold around 125 pieces of the same. He is into this as a hobby so there are no discounts :(

I think Koushik along with the few other partners have formed a company called "Tanagya Records" and worked with Sony to get it released for exclusive distribution by them only. Probably the same way we got Mahesh Bhatt and AR Rahman LPs released by the efforts of some Hifivision members.

Well received the LP yesterday. I must say that the LP was superbly packed, not a chance of its getting damaged. Hard cardboard then styrofoam cut as per the size of the LP and finally bubble wrapped.

The vinyl has quite a great collection of tracks and is superbly mastered. Listening to it on a good system is simply mindblowing. A little pricier (well who would not like it to be a little cheaper) but the purple colour also adds to the value. The gatefold cover and the lyrics set inside the cover and the design of the cover is nice. All in all a nice collectors edition.

Highly recommended. Waiting for the next one from "Tangaya Records".

Vinay2013, I don’t know the technical reason but it’s kind of accepted truth in vinyl circles that colored doesn’t sound as good as black.

Any specific reason for the same ?
Apparently the dye added for the colour changes the temperature and that affect quality. But to compare you would need the same mastering and pressing to do a 1:1 :)

Colour matters definitely. I worked in a plastic molding some years ago. Some granules need very high temperature to bring them fluently. The higher the temperature that is needed to make the granules fluently, the greater the probability that the pressing sounds bad. White granules needs a very high temperature. That's why the most pressings crackle very much.
Blue or red are good colours for vinyls

That said I have a Sinatra album on white which sounds pretty good with no crackle...

Last edited:
I got the Album today and hats off to the packing and prompt shipping. Listening to it now and its really good.

The price is high, but with a minimum order of 300 needed for manufacturing and unknown sales numbers they are running a risk hence I can understand the thinking.

Got the album a couple of days ago. Very well packed and the purple vinyl looks really cool. Great sounding record as well! Brings back a ton of memories. Kudos to Tanagya records for taking this up. Looking forward to their next release!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back