Come on chennai!

srikarkav

H Guys,

Battered and bruised may be, but here we are in the IPL finals.Hope it proves third time lucky for the Dhoni boys. It has been a roller coaster ride for the team.But every single bullet has failed to pierce through the defence of the Chennai team.The writing was on the wall for them in many matches,but they failed to see it cause they were fighting with their backs to the wall.:)

I will never forget the two thundering sixes Dhoni ,the gladiator has hit against Punjab and simply lugging the team on to the semis. Amazed at the way Doug Bollinger came away from a grinding Test series and hit the button straight away in the sweltering heat of Chennai.So happy for our own Murali Vijay for upgrading:) himself to a short form expert from being branded as a 'Test Bat'.He has been a revelation as a fielder too.Put a smile on our faces by the calm way he took the catch of Ryan Harris in the semis and gave back a piercing look at the Chargers dugout.And its not far off before the offie Ashwin gets a solid place in the National Team.

I want Sachin to play this game and Chennai win it, lest people say we won it because of Sachi'ns absence.:)

The whole of Chennai will be on cloud nine if the boys can pull it off today.
But having said that i don't think not many Chennaites will be too depressed ,even if one small little player called Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar holds the trophy aloft at the end of the day.

chees,
sri

Well naturally I will support my city and I hope with or without Sachin we put it across Chennai.
Before the tourney started I picked Bglore & Chennai and hoped that bbay dont fare too badly!!!!
Frankly I dont see Sachin playing and I hope they get in Sanath & get him to captain rather than the VC Zaheer.
Lets enjoy the final and see the fireworks that start from tom:eek:
Rgds

Lets enjoy the final and see the fireworks that start from tom:eek:
Rgds

Can't agree more with you. I recently came across a news in Economic times where it is stated that people have already put 700Cr in bets on Modi's fate.:)

Forgive me for being a possible dampener. I have never really gotten this ready association a lot of people make with the teams on the basis of city or state or region. Why do a lot of Chennai people support the Super Kings? Does the Chennai Super Kings have an overabundance of Tamil players? What part of it is Tamil, overwhelmingly?

My gut feels says that when the next auction comes up (or is that an 'if'?:)) even this minimal regional association might be done away with.

The only thing is that the franchisee or owner is a Tamilian. Thats about it. I know a lot of people will cry foul but I dont think Dhoni captained his team too well. The last game against the Kings XI Punjab was a rare exception. It was perhaps the first time I have seen Dhoni have two point fielders and some generally innovative field placement. Even if that was Fleming's contribution, it nevertheless deserves to be praised.

To me, that upper cut that Dhoni delivered to himself in an exhibition of no-holds barred expression venting told a lot about the man. It just left me feeling that this ice-man demeanour may not be all that healthy in the long run for him. I mean, it could not be healthy if it has to burst out in that fashion. After all how much pressure is the man going to stand to build a media image? I hope I am wrong in this though. Dhoni is an extremely talented cricketer. But the other tell tale signs such as premature greying of hairs (beard and head) do indicate otherwise.

No matter what lets enjoy the finals and get ready for a new episode. I, for one, cannot wait to have Test cricket going again. And I am told we will have to endure another 'international' T20 competition before that!! :(

Whatever the result today, I will be happy as one of the 2 fav teams of mine will lift the trophy...
Yeah, definately the tamasha from tomorrow will be even more interesting than the tournament itself... Waiting to see what Modi pulls out of his bag of tricks... If he goes down, am sure he will go down 'All Guns Blazing' :D

Forgive me for being a possible dampener. I have never really gotten this ready association a lot of people make with the teams on the basis of city or state or region. Why do a lot of Chennai people support the Super Kings? Does the Chennai Super Kings have an overabundance of Tamil players? What part of it is Tamil, overwhelmingly? :(

Hi

I beg to differ on the above opinion because the whole cricketing world knows that the best knowledgeable cricket crowd is from chennai which even a cricketer like Javed Miandad accepted and asked his team to go for 2nd round of victory lap when they beat us in chennai. Even when Mumbai Indians were playing and Suchin was belting us and the whole crowd was cheering for every shot he played forgetting he was scoring against them. Still when it comes to Chennai Super Kings naturally as a Tamilian they like to support them only which many of us will do except few who may support others.

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Come on Bala!

Even in EPL there are so many players from other countries and there is a lot of club loyalty and people go crazy when their team does well. Don't you think it is taking it a little too far to say the team has to be all 'Tamil' for us to feel associated with it.T20 is fun game and there is a light hearted opportunity to root for your city here.Don't try to be too clinical my friend:) Just sit back and enjoy the game.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Congrats Chennai Super Kings!
Suresh Raina, hats off to you.
Sachin, good knock despite 5 stitches, but just wasnt good enough!

Thank you Iaudio. From CSK, to possible super flops, the Dhoni team does walk away with the 2010 championship. Fantastic !!

Cheers

:clapping: CSK
:eek: MI

Couple of things to ponder,

Law of averages caught up with MI?
MI Fielding was pathetic
MI Batting Order was strange

Plus point, the better team on the day won!

Over to modi & bcci now for the dhamakas .....:rolleyes:

Hi

I beg to differ on the above opinion because the whole cricketing world knows that the best knowledgeable cricket crowd is from chennai which even a cricketer like Javed Miandad accepted and asked his team to go for 2nd round of victory lap when they beat us in chennai. Even when Mumbai Indians were playing and Suchin was belting us and the whole crowd was cheering for every shot he played forgetting he was scoring against them. Still when it comes to Chennai Super Kings naturally as a Tamilian they like to support them only which many of us will do except few who may support others.

Regards

Sub

Sub - I am not able to understand what Chennai being without doubt the most knowledgeable and non-partisan crowd have to do with Chennaiites supporting the Chennai Super Kings :).

What part of Chennai Super Kings is Tamilian? Their owner and their theme song perhaps are the only things overwhelmingly Tamil. I am just saying that this is going to change and change fast. The corporates want the people of Chennai to back a team which is labelled 'Chennai Super Kings'. It is up to us to see if the team has Chennai or Tamil Nadu in it.

Come on Bala!

Even in EPL there are so many players from other countries and there is a lot of club loyalty and people go crazy when their team does well. Don't you think it is taking it a little too far to say the team has to be all 'Tamil' for us to feel associated with it.T20 is fun game and there is a light hearted opportunity to root for your city here.Don't try to be too clinical my friend:) Just sit back and enjoy the game.

cheers,
sri

Sridhar - I am not at all taking it a bit too far. Nor am I over-analyzing it in my opinion.

See, in the EPL, people are rooting for the ultimate corporate sporting entity - the club. No regionalization there. That is one of the reasons for the lasting success of that form of the game as well I think. In the IPL it is different. And all of this is going to change as well in the coming days.

All said and done, Chennai won the game! I thought Dhoni was much the better captain out there today and that made a huge difference. Congratulations to the Chennai Super Kings and their supporters!

The one thing that I could not believe was Modi using the podium to launch his defense!!! There could not have been a lower low in terms of tactics or ethics.

The success or lack thereof of the league does not in any way speak about the means used to achieve it. Does the man not understand that much? He is playing his cards in a wily way but I think his pandering to the public in itself might have greater repercussions. Lets wait and watch.

Hi

Even when Mumbai Indians were playing and Suchin was belting us and the whole crowd was cheering for every shot he played forgetting he was scoring against them.

What else would you want them to do if they have paid Rs.5K for a ticket. :eek:hyeah:

Well Bala.... I don't think any thing is going to change in the IPL.The people are going to cheer for the team from their states irrespective of the players in the team. When Rajasthan Royals won the first edition it was led by an aussie.Do you think the people of Rajasthan wouldn't have enjoyed that success simply because there was not much 'Rajasthani' about the team?? In EPL people are cheering a corporate entity? I think they cheer for a team and their heros who are in the team.Let us agree to disagree on this theory of a team has to be all Tamil for us to cheer it.For me CSK represents Chennai in the IPL and its enough
for me to cheer for it.

cheers
sri

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back