Compatible Speakers for Marantz PM7000N

Got the 7000N today. Find it bright and fatiguing even with the wharfe 225s among all the speakers i have q3050i, Dali spektor 2, Q3010i, Elac 5.2. Coming from Cambridge audio AXA 35 and onkyo 9110. Found they both sounded balanced.Just the first day of hook up. Too sharp and transparent. Heard the marantz is a warm amp hence i decided to go with it against audiolab 6000A. Heard reviews audiolab is ever sharper in instrument seperation and attack.I am hearing excessive instruments that i have never heard before. But i am not happy with it. Seems like overdose. Source is direct airplay. Checked speaker connections, source direct on and off etc and the speaker cables are mogami which are supposed to be warm.
Was planning to purchase Monitor audio bronze 200. Its not happening with the marantz already being this bright. Now back to square one trusting Amp breaking in myth. Any suggestions? Or Is it just my ears?

Congratulations on the new purchase, its hardly been a few hours of use, listen to it for sometime, a few hours of playback and passing a judgement is never a wise thing to do, your other equipment you have heard for quite sometime hence let this sound also sink in and then decide if its what you prefer or not.

I use my Marantz PM7000N extensively, with both Dali Oberon 5s and Dali Oberon 1s.
Sounds brilliant with both speakers.

Does not sound bright to me.

I also use a sub - Dali C8D.

I guess you need to find what works for you.

Got the 7000N today. Find it bright and fatiguing even with the wharfe 225s among all the speakers i have q3050i, Dali spektor 2, Q3010i, Elac 5.2. Coming from Cambridge audio AXA 35 and onkyo 9110. Found they both sounded balanced.Just the first day of hook up. Too sharp and transparent. Heard the marantz is a warm amp hence i decided to go with it against audiolab 6000A. Heard reviews audiolab is ever sharper in instrument seperation and attack.I am hearing excessive instruments that i have never heard before. But i am not happy with it. Seems like overdose. Source is direct airplay. Checked speaker connections, source direct on and off etc and the speaker cables are mogami which are supposed to be warm.
Was planning to purchase Monitor audio bronze 200. Its not happening with the marantz already being this bright. Now back to square one trusting Amp breaking in myth. Any suggestions? Or Is it just my ears?
I am using Marantz SR 7011 with Dali Oberon1. This is my second Marantz avr. The Marantz tone is not bright. I am using Audyssey room correction too. Without Audyssey also it is not bright.
It could be your room if the walls are reflecting too much sound.

Hi Arun. How do you feel now? Still bright or you feel it is better than before? Your views would help other prospective buyers. Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back