Confused Between Sony LG Panasonic

With such short span of current day LED TVs, we should consider buying projectors. Under 50/40K we will get good projector that can give better viewing experience provided one has a adaptable room.

I own both a Sony 42W650 and a Pana 49DS630 that I bought in Pune this year.
My observation:
(1) Movies look better in the Pana, somehow I feel there is a more cinematic quality.
(2) Serials look better in the Sony. Maybe the colours are more saturated.
(3) I haven't been able to test internet content on the Sony but here in Pune I often stream 4k content from Youtube and watch these on my Pana. Even though it's full HD, not 4k, the colours and picture are absolutely fabulous and a delight to watch (Watched Costa Rica 4K nature video). Overall I'm very satisfied with my Panasonic.
(4) The 50 incher Sony was also one of the candidates when I was doing my research. However, it's Rs 25000 more expensive for a screen that's only 1" larger and I didn't feel it was worth paying such a premium - almost into the 4k territory as far as prices go - and hence settled for the Panasonic. So far, I haven't regretted my decision, the Panasonic is definitely very good for money.
(5) The definite negative about Panasonic is that the smart TV interface is VERY poor. I haven't had the opportunity to check out the Sony's interface.
(6) I have a weakness for Japanese technology as opposed to Korean, and this coloured my decision to some extent. However, if price was no object, which obviously isn't the case with middle class me, the thing to buy is LGs 4K OLED which is currently the best TV on the planet as on December, 2016. However, Pana and Sony are probably coming out with their OLED products next month, it'll be interesting to see the results.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back