Confused: LCD or Plasma

amey

Hey guys,

I had been to Panasonic showroom and Maharashtra Electronics (MEC) to survey on LCD / Plasma TVs.

At MEC, the saleman was very insistent on me going for Sony/LG 40' LCD instead of PV8 Plasma. He was concerned abt the post-sale service provided by Panasonic especially here in Pune. Also he was listing all advantages of LCD over Plasma.

I am still game for PV8 but thought of just taking the opinion of you all.
I'm getting PV8 for 46K at Panasonic showroom and 45K at MEC (These are prices after exchange of my old BPL 25'. But both are ready to give further discount).

Just let in your thoughts on LCD/Plasma and the prices.

Amey,
This topic has been discussed some million times on this forum. Pls read the threads on LCD and Plasma.

Both has its + and -. You need to decide based on what you want. Simple answer, if you 90% of your viewing is DVD and Cable/DTH then go with plasma.

If u r viewing 60% is HD content (blue ray) + PS3/XBOX + Computer connected to TV then LCD.

Regards

Hey guys,

I had been to Panasonic showroom and Maharashtra Electronics (MEC) to survey on LCD / Plasma TVs.

At MEC, the saleman was very insistent on me going for Sony/LG 40' LCD instead of PV8 Plasma. He was concerned abt the post-sale service provided by Panasonic especially here in Pune. Also he was listing all advantages of LCD over Plasma.

I'm getting PV8 for 46K at Panasonic showroom and 45K at MEC (These are prices after exchange of my old BPL 25'. But both are ready to give further discount).

Hey guys,

45K for PV8 seems to be a good price (can come down further like you say, even better). Ezone was selling for 47K a week or so ago when I checked. Good thing is that if they have it in stock, go for it. Have read posts here from places, where they do not have any stock of PV8s'

Again, lots of LCD & Plasma pros & cons have been discussed in this forum. Looks like you have your eyes set on PV8, except, for the post-sales support piece. What did the Panasonic showroom folks have to say about their own post sales support?

Other than that, PV8 looks like a good choice. Many forum members here have purchased PV8s' and are happy with PQ etc.

Seems PV8 is a popular model. The length of my living room is 15 feet. Do you recommend I go for 40" or lesser? Also the TV will be opposite the window, so I guess there could be reflection issues with plasma? Please suggest.

The bigger the better. PV8 at 42" is just perfect. Coming to reflection I've already answered in another thread. Just get some thick/dark curtains and you're all set.

Seems PV8 is a popular model. The length of my living room is 15 feet. Do you recommend I go for 40" or lesser? Also the TV will be opposite the window, so I guess there could be reflection issues with plasma? Please suggest.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back