Confusion for LED's

dhrv_prmr

I am so much confused between LED tv brands..want to buy 40" HD tv but in limited budget.
Sony looks great in picture quality and contrast but priced ~50k and also heard that their led panel burnd after 3-4 years.Is it true?
and can anyone tell me about picture quality of Lloyd,Micromax etc low budget tvs.

whatever you heard about sony is not true. it is one of the reliable brand. For budget tvs stick to toshiba, Philips or lg...

Hi

Today's TVs don't really last long like the old CRT TVs....typical lifespan is 3-8 years....so you need to ensure that you go for a brand or model which offers you true value....

First here are some links for you to understand the difference in TVs..

LCD vs LED vs Plasma

LED vs LCD vs plasma TV - Which? Technology

Can LED LCD look as good as plasma? - CNET

CNET's guide to 3D TV: What you (still) need to know - CNET

Whats the Difference Between Active 3D and Passive 3D TVs? | eBay

Second thing for you to do is go and audition all possible brands and models....visit Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone / Reliance Digital where you can see TVs running the same channel side by side...and see the screen from all angels....see the PQ and sound effects...most important if for you to see the connectivity options...

Only 2 brands offer 3 years warranty.....Toshiba and Sharp.....see which model appeals to you in terms of features, looks, performance etc.....and go for it....

As for me, the Toshiba PU 200 series works well, got 3 years warranty, USB slot to play almost all movie formats, multiple connectivity options...32 inch LED , front sound bar with clear sound...works well for me....got it for 25% less than mrp....from my local TV dealer and not Vijay Sales....

Some members purchased online and faced some bad experience in delivery....you can read various posts.....

Depending on where you are going to place the TV in your house and the viewing area, you should choose the size appropriately....don't get a very large one ...get something that will suit your needs and use....you may want to look at the Cricket series of Toshiba p2305

I am so much confused between LED tv brands..want to buy 40" HD tv but in limited budget.
Sony looks great in picture quality and contrast but priced ~50k and also heard that their led panel burnd after 3-4 years.Is it true?
and can anyone tell me about picture quality of Lloyd,Micromax etc low budget tvs.

whats ur budget?
sony is great my lcd sony is almost 8 years without any pb

Thank you all for reply, Toshiba P2305 is much impressive :yahoo: but it seems like i have to compromise in picture quality for that :(

Hi dhrv prmr

There are threads on owners of Samsung and owners of Sony available on HFV...you may want to go through them. There are endless reviews over the internet to provide you user first hand experience on performance and complaints...

Well I guess there is no TV out there which will have the best in everything including warranty....manufacturers will keep making models with a little added features here and there to deal with competition and demand....you need to take an appropriate decision to select a TV which covers everything...like I say..it all depends on what appeals to you in terms of performance, features etc and ofcourse the budget...

For me Toshiba works really well and is an all rounder in my view for best value. I use normal set top box with regular Cable TV. The difference in PQ for me was when I used better thicker AV cable (infact I used a Component one) and PQ has improved significantly...I watch Blu Ray files played through a Pioneer Blu Ray player through High Speed HDMI cables and the PQ is awesome.

You may want to see some Sharp models, especially the Quad series....

Hope this helps..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back