Confusion in selecting Home Theatre..

Friends.. Upto this day of my search of HTs, My mind gows with RS33. Some simple reasons are..
--12" sub
--Tallboys
Though Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo have same specs (may be higher than RS33), they lack in Tallboys. Spending 40k in purchasing HT is somehow large amount for me. So, to me it should have RICH BASS, RICH in QUALITY and SHOULD HAVE A RICH LOOK.
Having Tallboys in both sides with 12"sub and my 42"LED in the front portion looks somthing different and something grand in look. Thats why i prefered RS33.
Friends.. if brands like Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo having Tallboys with 12"Sub, please inform me with the model number. Bcoz i planned to extend my search...
I'm Waiting..
Thanks in advance..

Friends.. Upto this day of my search of HTs, My mind gows with RS33. Some simple reasons are..
--12" sub
--Tallboys
Though Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo have same specs (may be higher than RS33), they lack in Tallboys. Spending 40k in purchasing HT is somehow large amount for me. So, to me it should have RICH BASS, RICH in QUALITY and SHOULD HAVE A RICH LOOK.
Having Tallboys in both sides with 12"sub and my 42"LED in the front portion looks somthing different and something grand in look. Thats why i prefered RS33.
Friends.. if brands like Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo having Tallboys with 12"Sub, please inform me with the model number. Bcoz i planned to extend my search...
I'm Waiting..
Thanks in advance..

to be honest, looks should't be the deciding factors when buying an HT, sound should be it. Having said that, I am not sure how all of these sounded to you, so if RS33 gave you the best audio in your audition and apart from that you also like its look then go ahead by all means.

Thanks skul82..
Apart from look, which HT is better tha RS33? But One thing im sure, it should have rich Bass than RS33. Kindly rply skul82..

Hi..
All the system told by the experts r good..
I'll tell my peronal experience..When I'm selecting ..my HT setup
Pioneer --It was little bit more bassy..
Yamaha -- Clear and crisp sound..
Denon-- It was warmer and bass punch was good enough .(So i prefered it)
It's all depend upon ur hearing preference ..
My opinion is to go and get auditioned ..and then select it ..coz its after all u r going to use and enjoy the HT system...

Thanks skul82..
Apart from look, which HT is better tha RS33? But One thing im sure, it should have rich Bass than RS33. Kindly rply skul82..

vaathyaar,

I won't be able to tell you the best system out of those mentioned, as I only auditioned Yamaha 196 and 299. But again, the best is really subjective. It depends on what your ears prefer.
I will tell you my experience so far with Yamaha 299. The system produces very clear sound, with right source it can produce minute notes with clarity (this is considering that its a 35K system and not a high end, so when i say crystal clear sound its 35K budget crystal clear sound :)). As for the sub, it has a powered sub. The sub produces very dense bass, i can feel the vibrations even at lower volume levels. I have kept the sub only at half volume level. I personally dont prefer very loud bass, so 299 has just right amount of bass for me.
So listen to both systems, probably take bass rich audio/video clips with you for the audition and then decide.

And you will get different opinions from different people, ultimately you are the one who's gonna listen to it, so select a system that you like listening to, no matter what other say about it. And once you buy it don't ever read reviews of competitor systems :D

vaathyaar,

I won't be able to tell you the best system out of those mentioned, as I only auditioned Yamaha 196 and 299. But again, the best is really subjective. It depends on what your ears prefer.
I will tell you my experience so far with Yamaha 299. The system produces very clear sound, with right source it can produce minute notes with clarity (this is considering that its a 35K system and not a high end, so when i say crystal clear sound its 35K budget crystal clear sound :)). As for the sub, it has a powered sub. The sub produces very dense bass, i can feel the vibrations even at lower volume levels. I have kept the sub only at half volume level. I personally dont prefer very loud bass, so 299 has just right amount of bass for me.
So listen to both systems, probably take bass rich audio/video clips with you for the audition and then decide.

And you will get different opinions from different people, ultimately you are the one who's gonna listen to it, so select a system that you like listening to, no matter what other say about it. And once you buy it don't ever read reviews of competitor systems :D

Which Vijay Sales outlet you auditioned the systems?

Friends..
Finally i got YAMAHA YHT-299 yesterday.
Price: Rs.36500 in Reliance Digital, chennai.
I am very happy with the audition of 299. As many said RS33 is somehow noisy. Though it has heavy Bass, the noise from the front speakers spoiled the bass. But in 299, though it has only 6inch sub with very small box, it can deliver some good Bass comparing to the 12inch RS33. In reliance, RS33 is placed in the specified room for Home theatres. But 299 placed in the open space. Even in the open space I wonder to hear heavy bass with that small sub in that opn area. So i changed my decision and got 299. Iam very proud to say that I AM THE OWNER OF MY YHT-299.
--Now I had a doubt. In reliance i saw a Tallboy spkrs from yamaha, model 8390. I like it as i hav a desire to hav TALLBOYS. Will it suite with my 299(HTR-3066)?

Friends..
Finally i got YAMAHA YHT-299 yesterday.
Price: Rs.36500 in Reliance Digital, chennai.
I am very happy with the audition of 299. As many said RS33 is somehow noisy. Though it has heavy Bass, the noise from the front speakers spoiled the bass. But in 299, though it has only 6inch sub with very small box, it can deliver some good Bass comparing to the 12inch RS33. In reliance, RS33 is placed in the specified room for Home theatres. But 299 placed in the open space. Even in the open space I wonder to hear heavy bass with that small sub in that opn area. So i changed my decision and got 299. Iam very proud to say that I AM THE OWNER OF MY YHT-299.
--Now I had a doubt. In reliance i saw a Tallboy spkrs from yamaha, model 8390. I like it as i hav a desire to hav TALLBOYS. Will it suite with my 299(HTR-3066)?

Congratulations!!!! enjoy ur system. Since you are inclined towards the bass, just one suggestion, settings fronts to large and keeping extra bass on will give you even more bass. I am not sure what your current settings are.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back