Could not edit AVCHD videos on Final Cut and iMovie?

gabrie

I just purchased a Final Cut and tring to transfer movie from my Sony HDR-SR10E camcorder and do some editing to the movies. But to my dismay, this movie can not be readable by Final Cut.And then i tried to use iMovie to aedit these video clips, but it can not be recognized neither. What am i going wrong??? Is there something wrong with my operation or with Final Cut and iMovie?
Cheers.

I have tried to edit AVCHD Files from my Sony Handycam CX150E but none works except the supplied PMB Software from Sony which is quiet useless and has almost no editing feature.........Try with Sony Vegas Pro, it may work but demands a lot of hardware resource........:cool:)

AVCHD is not one of video formats that Final Cut and iMovie can edit directly,so your AVCHD can not be recognised by Final Cut and iMovie.
The video formats that Final Cut and iMovie can support are MPEG 4, MOV and H.264.So you should convert the your AVCHD(.mts) video to video formats that compatible with Final Cut and iMovie and then do some editing via them.

As for MTS Converter, i recommend Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac which is professional and powerful in converting MTS files to various playable and editable video formats, like MOV,WMV,MPEG,MKV,AVI,FLV,MP3,FLAC,OGG and ect.

Additionally, this software provides some editing functions like cropping video black edges, trimming video length,adding image or video to original video.I like this function, because i can make my own movie with this software.

Enjoy your videos.

you are right ,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back