Cracked LCD Panel - New TV only solution?!

bond_bhai

Hey guys, i have had this Samsung LCD TV (40') for about 4 years now. Recently, one of my "relatives" visited our place and their "nice" kid threw an object causing the LCD panel to crack. I had called up the service center guy who visited us (charged 200Rs for inspection) and told us the TV is screwed. Replacing the panel will take 25k upwards and advised us to buy a new TV itself! Do i have any other options (Cheap panel etc) or do i start researching on buying a new LED TV (while going bankrupt)?!

Any help/suggestions are welcome!

Hi,

Unlike the old CRT TVs parts and replacements for the new LED/ flat panel TVs is expensive....

TVs brands are competing with each other, go for something which has a better screen (IPS) etc. You may get something in your budget...else look at the Pre owned in OLX or QUIKR or For sale by owner or Hi Fi ads...

All the best

Sometimes the service guys themselves suggest replacing the panel with any dead TV that they might have for replacement at their end, at a lesser amount than the actual official cost of replacing the panel. But thats a gamble...as no warranties will be offered...
But ultimate sensible solution would be to go for a new TV.! You can negotiate for some scrap value for your cracked TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back