Custom duty discussion on blu-rays imported

I ordered The Thing (Double Pack Including Original) and Zulu sometime back in Amazon.uk and it was suppose to be delivered on 30-Aug, never got it. Complained to Amazon and they sent me a replacement order which was suppose to come by 19-Sep. Didn't get this order as well, amazon refunded but this is the first time happening to me. In the past at least i used to get the replacement order. Not sure whats happening with customs, there seems to be too many issues in the recent past....

Forrest Gump + shutter Island play.com exclusive steelbooks. total 21.98 GBP. Via SnS.
Custom duty 808 INR.

:(

Well got 6 parcels in 30 days or less.
these three came in one day
1) smokin aces box set 7.72 gbp - no customs
2)transformers dark of the moon special edition 10.25 gbp - no customs
3)shakira oral fixation tour 9.41 gbp - no customs

4)the prestige 9.22 gbp - no customs

then these 2 came in same day
5)sherlock tv season 9.99 gbp - no customs
6)planet earth special edition 16.50 gbp - 14.7% charged 244 rs.

i stay at vasai near mumbai :)

Well got 6 parcels in 30 days or less.
these three came in one day
1) smokin aces box set 7.72 gbp - no customs
2)transformers dark of the moon special edition 10.25 gbp - no customs
3)shakira oral fixation tour 9.41 gbp - no customs

4)the prestige 9.22 gbp - no customs

then these 2 came in same day
5)sherlock tv season 9.99 gbp - no customs
6)planet earth special edition 16.50 gbp - 14.7% charged 244 rs.

i stay at vasai near mumbai :)
Very good and lucky for you. :)

The problem of ordering one or two BDs is that shipping charges per package accumulate. As we know that shipping cost is as under:

- per BD item: 1.49
- per package: 2.09

So if I try to split an order of 5 into 5 deliveries, I will be paying 8.36 (nearing Rs. 700+) extra. And even then I may not be assured that I will be exempt from duty.

Even % of duty levied is not accurate.

Just received Matrix trilogy + Jurassic Park trilogy. Total 23.40 GBP including shipping.

Duty charged 288 buck. Which I must say same as you kushy. 14.7 % exact. lol. This is really strange.

My previous order from play.com costed total 2446.53 including shipping. It was via SnS. Duty was charged 808 bucks. Which is 33%.
Forrest Gump + shutter Island play.com exclusive steelbooks. total 21.98 GBP. Via SnS.
Custom duty 808 INR.

got my parcel of rambo trilogy from amazon.com and they ship via aramex courier , so u get tracking id .
i got my rambo trilogy in 7 flat days with tracking id and no customs :D amazon refunded the import deposit. one imp note mark it as gift , amazon usa doesnt put sticker of cost outside box like uk does , so customs chances are very less :)

got my parcel of rambo trilogy from amazon.com and they ship via aramex courier , so u get tracking id .
i got my rambo trilogy in 7 flat days with tracking id and no customs :D amazon refunded the import deposit. one imp note mark it as gift , amazon usa doesnt put sticker of cost outside box like uk does , so customs chances are very less :)

This differs with each package coz every single one of my orders shipped had the price on the package. And have been charged duty each time.:sad:

Received

1. Reel Heroes Box Set [Blu-ray][Region Free]
2.Robin Hood / Gladiator Double Pack [Blu-ray][Region Free]
3.Ocean's Trilogy [Blu-ray][Region Free]

No Duty :yahoo::yahoo:

well received all queit in westorn front , no customs and reel heroes box ser 140 rs customs :) which is 14.71% still decent they calculated the price as 750 rs for 10.66 gbp which is still good , coz actual price is 900 something

Received Reel Heros Boxset, Resident Evil 1-4, The Davinci Code/ Angels and Demons, Fast & Furious 1-5 Box set, Michael Jackson's This is it today... Luckily no customs....

got apocalyse now from amazon usa and castlevania lords of shadow ps3 from amazon usa
2 separate order 37$ and 43$ , no customs got 10$ refund back on castlevania

apocalyse now 3 disc was cracked not due to shipping , but lionsgate movies disc are cheap quality , even rambo trilogy i got had fogs and dots on it luckily i was able to remove it. never gonna buy lionsgate products.
got refund back on amazon.

no customs on any parcel :D amazon usa till now no customs and comes in 7 flat days via aramex courier :)

also got life worth 15.66 pounds , no customs :D

Hi..for stuff bought from Amazon UK - do they remove VAT while billing? I ordered some 92-93 pounds worth of blu ray yesterday of which around 14 pounds was VAT. I emailed them and they said online retailers dont refund VAT. I ordered it to a UK hotel address of a friend who is visiting london

So wondering if ordering directly to India means no VAT, but shipping - since I paid VAT and zero shipping because of Amazon Prime - Not sure which one is a better option. Assuming its no VAT - then maybe shipping to India offsets VAT - and we can order anytime we want - unlike in my case where I have to keep on asking friends if they are travelling abroad

got apocalyse now from amazon usa and castlevania lords of shadow ps3 from amazon usa
2 separate order 37$ and 43$ , no customs got 10$ refund back on castlevania

apocalyse now 3 disc was cracked not due to shipping , but lionsgate movies disc are cheap quality , even rambo trilogy i got had fogs and dots on it luckily i was able to remove it. never gonna buy lionsgate products.
got refund back on amazon.

no customs on any parcel :D amazon usa till now no customs and comes in 7 flat days via aramex courier :)

also got life worth 15.66 pounds , no customs :D

Do you route your deliveries through Aramex? How much does it cost?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back