DAC Suggestion

MohanK

Guys, I posted this before, now coming with a few options.
I am using Norge 1000 with Wharf 220. Current Input is Dell laptop and iPhone. I heard this is the worst inputs for any amp :).
So now planning to buy a DAC/headphone amp to use with both laptop and iPhone..
got few options.

1. FiiO E10K---5k
2. Shiit Fulla 2--10k
3. Behringer UCA202 --- 3k

Please help me to choose one that would pair well with my amp.. Thank you.

Hi,

If your budget is within 10K, you may consider Audioquest DragonFly Black - very good DAC, with occasional s/w updates too through their desktop app & has MQA support too. It's line out can drive most of the headphones & you may connect it to your amp through a 3.5mm to two RCA cable. This has great reviews & was a what Hi-Fi award winner too. I'm using it & hence, this reply.

Thanks!

I am using Norge 1000 with Wharf 220. Current Input is Dell laptop and iPhone. I heard this is the worst inputs for any amp :).
got few options.

1. FiiO E10K---5k
2. Shiit Fulla 2--10k

If looking at Schiit then Modi is a better option, may be pre-owned to keep it low budget.

got few options.

1. FiiO E10K---5k
2. Shiit Fulla 2--10k

Hey,

Instead of the FiiO E10k, I would suggest the FiiO Q1. Q1 just sounded a bit better, plus its battery powered for portable use. The Line Out can be used for your setup.

MaSh

You can also look at Allo piano DAC, have tried it and I would rate it above Modi 2. Plus it will give you option of streaming audio.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back