Dali Ikon2 MK2 Bookshelf Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajitelsy

Hi All,
Does anyone have the price of the Dali Ikon2 MK2 Bookshelf Speakers and the where I can get it in South India.Thanks

Guys .,

Check for Indiana line , An new Italian brand in india from AvSense Bangalore.

Check in avsense.in

The requested URL "http://www.imperialsound.in/" cannot be found or is not available. Please check the spelling or try again later.
===========================================

works for the decent guys..:lol:

mpw

Thanks to you all for the input I got the Dist.from the Dali website and they said cost 72K and to contact their Dealer in Cochin Hifi link which I did but he came back saying they were not available with the dist.so back to square one have contacted the Dali dealer in Dubai lets see what comes of it.

Dali distri has no stocks, just confirmed.

Got an email from Melvin HIfi-Link said he would get them in a month's time 72k so I am going for it since my Wadia also will come by that time.Cant wait.Would like to thank mpw for the interest phoned Imperial sound but they also did not have it they have the Helicon but that out of my capacity cost 2 1/2 lacs.Quite happy that I was able to be getting the same .Thanks to all you guys.

at 72k.. you are in the range of Dali Mentor Menuet.. if i were you i would hear these and then make a choice.

the dali mentor menuet is a "un-Dali'ish" Dali speaker..possibly the only dali with a single HF driver.. lovely tones, nice midrange and silky highs ( more refined due to a better tweeter ). The bass is quite astounding for a 4.5 inch driver and unless you have a really large room or listen to large scale orchestral type music.. please hear this out before you make your choice.

In any case.. audition with your amp.

There is a pair for sale on audiogon too if you have the ability to get these from there.

anyways.. YMMV..

mpw

Mentor menuet is a far superior speaker to the ikon. My ikon audition ended in less than 5 minutes. Could not stand how grainy the speaker was.

Last edited:
Mentor menuet is a far superior speaker to the ikon. My ikon audition endeds in less than 5 minutes. Could not stand how grainy the speaker was.
====================================================

RoC,

I heard the mentor menuet with arcam FMJ 19 and a simaudio CDP and wow.. i would have bought it, settled down with it and enjoyed the sheer musicality ( refined i must add ) for a long time to come. Just that my room is quite large and one of the speaker choice decision factors is the room.

which is why i requested the OT to hear the Dali mentor menuet as he is within range - budgetwise.

The old adage - good things come in small packages.. is true here..

It is so lovely looking and the oversize tweeter looks very purposeful.

mpw

Thanks all for the input what about focal 806v music direct has recommended these the prob is I stay away from the city so auditions are a prob,do let me know your thoughts on focal and where I can get them.

Thanks all for the input what about focal 806v music direct has recommended these the prob is I stay away from the city so auditions are a prob,do let me know your thoughts on focal and where I can get them.

Focal 806v is a very nice speaker. You will need a bit of amping to get it to sing though. But if the speaker is fed enough power, it will sound very nice.

Also, Focal 806v is a much bright speaker in comparison to Dali Ikon.

Mentor menuet is a far superior speaker to the ikon. My ikon audition ended in less than 5 minutes. Could not stand how grainy the speaker was.

Mentor Menuet is definitely a much better speaker, so long as one can live with the limitations imposed by the 4.5 inch midwoofer.

Could you recall what was the equipment you heard the Ikon with? I am pretty sure you are describing the electronics in the chain rather than the Dali Ikon speakers.

I have used Dali Ikon with extremely upstream components and I haven't come across any speaker inside USD 4000 that combines so many strong points as the Dali Ikon. Grainy is the last thing one can term Dali Ikon as. If it was grainy, it won't be able to keep company with USD 25k worth of electronics.

I even had the famous Tannoy supertweeter ST-200 in my system for an extended period of time. The highs from the Dali Ikon were more grainless than the Tannoy ST-200.

I wonder what is your basis of that comment.

Focal 806v is a very nice speaker. You will need a bit of amping to get it to sing though. But if the speaker is fed enough power, it will sound very nice.

Also, Focal 806v is a much bright speaker in comparison to Dali Ikon.

Mentor Menuet is definitely a much better speaker, so long as one can live with the limitations imposed by the 4.5 inch midwoofer.

Could you recall what was the equipment you heard the Ikon with? I am pretty sure you are describing the electronics in the chain rather than the Dali Ikon speakers.

I have used Dali Ikon with extremely upstream components and I haven't come across any speaker inside USD 4000 that combines so many strong points as the Dali Ikon. Grainy is the last thing one can term Dali Ikon as. If it was grainy, it won't be able to keep company with USD 25k worth of electronics.

I even had the famous Tannoy supertweeter ST-200 in my system for an extended period of time. The highs from the Dali Ikon were more grainless than the Tannoy ST-200.

I wonder what is your basis of that comment.

Electronics was a Symphonic Line RG10 and an Ayon CD player. We even tried it with a Leben CS600. This audition was done at ARN systems bangalore.

None of these electronics is what I'd call unrefined or grainy. In fact there were a few more speakers at the showroom which sounded perfectly good with the same electronics.

Electronics was a Symphonic Line RG10 and an Ayon CD player. We even tried it with a Leben CS600. This audition was done at ARN systems bangalore.

None of these electronics is what I'd call unrefined or grainy. In fact there were a few more speakers at the showroom which sounded perfectly good with the same electronics.

Very odd. Hard to explain.

the bass that the 4.5 inch midwoofer gives out is much better than many bigger mid bass drivers ( upto the 6 inch category ). In that sense i dont know what limitations ?

Unless you are referring to large scale music which even a 7 inch woofer would be hard pressed to do.

I suspect a small 6 inch sub woofer like the REL T Zero would do wonders to given that the wadia 151 has a sub out.

Just the perfect solution for medium rooms.. looks good.. sounds great.

anyways.. now the OT is onto Focals now.

:)

pw

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back