Decision Time: Marantz 5004 or Denon 2310

I am getting the 6004 brought in by a friend from Seoul: warranty will not be valid but gettin it dirt cheap over there - below 25k, so no duty also:lol:.

Regarding the speakers: if all of you are sure that sonodyne is not the one then tell me what is by far the most respected match for the Marantz.

6004 for 25k.. woooooooooww..
dont compromise on the quality of speakers with this AVR..
for a 20-25k budget get a pair of usher520/quad 11L2/dali
check the 20k speaker thread on this..

6004 for 25k.. woooooooooww..
dont compromise on the quality of speakers with this AVR..
for a 20-25k budget get a pair of usher520/quad 11L2/dali
check the 20k speaker thread on this..

You mean Quad 11L2? Also the Ushers need a power amp to sound good. The Marantz may not have the muscle to push them properly.

Marsilian,

Are you sure of the 2310 not having pre-outs? I think the India model has it, surprisingly, the US model doesnt.

This is another diff (although not advt.) between the 1910 and 2310.

Attachments

• Denon 2310.jpg
    Denon 2310.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 144
Marsilian,

Are you sure of the 2310 not having pre-outs? I think the India model has it, surprisingly, the US model doesnt.

Sorry sud, can you provide a link or a larger pic, I am unable to see things clearly

Marsilian,

yup. mine has pre-outs too. in fact, this was one of the main reasons why i decided to get the 2310 instead of the 1910.
another diff is that the model we get has one unswitched power outlet at the back whereas the US model has two.

Last edited:
Guys,

Good news: The 6004 is resting in my hall. The final price came to 27k in INR. Also got the monster cables. my friend got it without me asking - the phillipino guy convinced him to take that also for 2k INR
Bad News: still not decided on the spkrs: my job will allow me only in the weekend for the hunting. Can u guys pls recommend any place in Bangalore.

Regards,

Hi anm:

I am not sure if I would be able to help out. My friend is a philippino himself and visiting India for his official work, but I will ask him if it is possible. Two reasons why I got it from Seoul : it 230V input reqt (made in china) and the price there.

Regards

Are you kidding!!! I know I was the one who started it :) but I didn't really expect you to ask your friend for the same, but I would be very delighted if you get it for me :)

Hi anm:

I am not sure if I would be able to help out. My friend is a philippino himself and visiting India for his official work, but I will ask him if it is possible. Two reasons why I got it from Seoul : it 230V input reqt (made in china) and the price there.

Regards

Hi Sr. Boarders,

The weekend is nearing. Pls suggest good spkrs to pair with my 6004. I will like to go for floor standers.

Regards,

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back