Defective Samsung Plasma 51"E550

coolcatric

Hello Guys,

Need your advice on this issue. Had bought this plasma TV around 2 years back (June 2012) with bill from Samsung Udaipur.

Around 3 months back, colored vertical lines started to appear on the left side on screen. Soon the lines increased and now 1 more line is developed on right side as well.

The moment the 1st line appeared, had contacted samsung service center, they sent across a guy and he confirmed that the panel needs to be replaced.

The plasma had only 1 year warranty and it was in its 16th month or so when this problem occurred.

Samsung is asking for 28k to replace the panel, for which I have refused. Multiple mails have been exchanged with them but with no outcome. I asked for complain number, which till date is not shared despite multiple reminders. They have royally ignored as I am asking for free of cost replacement.

Please suggest how to take this forward as I cannot afford additional 28k on this plasma.

@invisible

Are you out of your mind.. he asked for an opinion and then its his choice to choose what he wants. why do you make him feel bad?

Looks like are you are a SONY psycho - punishment from god for not taking SONY? huh get a life.

i don't know if moderators are reading these threads.. if they do why are they not banning INVISIBLE ?

Invisible - FYI i have LG and i am very happy, love watching my TV, its just amazing. SD AND HD both rocks.
Come out of well and see the world in HD.. LOL :)

If coolcatric buy SONY TV can you assure him that it wont have any problems for next 5 years? Are you going to pay if it does?
If you give that sort of an assurance in writing then i will also sell my TV and get a new SONY without extended warranty coz you are always there, right?

Last edited:
@coolcatric

Hey buddy firstly sorry about what happ to your TV..
These days we just can't trust these panels, it happens with every brand and its common.

Looks like you didn't get the extended warranty.. if you are out of warranty then your are out of luck. You must pay and get it replaced.

All the best :)

@ invisible - If you don't have anything useful to add, why not stay er invisible? It gets a bit tedious, you gloating at others misfortune.

@ coolcatric - On the Samsung website, use the "mail the CEO" option.

Hello Guys,

Need your advice on this issue. Had bought this plasma TV around 2 years back (June 2012) with bill from Samsung Udaipur.

Around 3 months back, colored vertical lines started to appear on the left side on screen. Soon the lines increased and now 1 more line is developed on right side as well.

The moment the 1st line appeared, had contacted samsung service center, they sent across a guy and he confirmed that the panel needs to be replaced.

The plasma had only 1 year warranty and it was in its 16th month or so when this problem occurred.

Samsung is asking for 28k to replace the panel, for which I have refused. Multiple mails have been exchanged with them but with no outcome. I asked for complain number, which till date is not shared despite multiple reminders. They have royally ignored as I am asking for free of cost replacement.

Please suggest how to take this forward as I cannot afford additional 28k on this plasma.

Looks like these issues have become more common these days....Feel bad for what you are going thru.... This model is a mid-range plasma from Samsung.... A mid range unit failing in less than 2 yrs time def not convinving...:mad:

Have you tried negotiating with them for reduced prices for repairs...

Hi guys, thank you for your input. I tried negotiating, but they are not bulging at the moment. The dealer told me that at time they give discount of 80% or so. But you need to escalate to the right authorities.

Because I guess the current mails are being exchanged with some third party Samsung customer. Complain center. Who are just as per the process giving standard default answers.

I have asked for complain number, which they have not shared.

My question is -

1. Will going to consumer court help, if yes then what is the procedure ?

2. Will write to Samsung CEO as well.

3. Any other way, like doing negative publicity on Facebook etc.

Please suggest.

coolcatric - Keep writing to the Ceo till you get a call back. Remember the case/complaint number. After the call back, the matter will escalated to the regional CC head. Then its your luck how you fare. But as long as you keep your cool, they will try to help you out. They will offer you a discount on the repairing cost at the very least.

It's imperative that you explain the issue properly and the reason of your grievance. All the best. Be polite and dont mention consumer court etc. That is your last card.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back