Dehumidifier to protect my equipment

air870

Hi, any advice on ,if a dehumidifier in a costal ( high humidity) city ( Bombay) is a good idea towards protecting our equipment .

I use my air conditioner even if the temperature is cool because it achieves the same thing as a dehumidifier. It's an inverter model so low electricity consumption. I also keep an eye on indoor humidity levels throughout the day and ensure it stays b/w 50 and 70%. Without keeping the windows closed and turning on the AC, it goes up to 80-85. That leads to mold and condensation everywhere.

Did you get it specifically for your equipment ? How often do you drain it?
Yes I bought it for the room in which equipment is kept. It requires draining after 2 sessions. It is very effective.
I do move it around the house as humidity tends to be very high in Mumbai .

Yes I bought it for the room in which equipment is kept. It requires draining after 2 sessions. It is very effective.
I do move it around the house as humidity tends to be very high in Mumbai .
Thanks. It's a toss up between origin and the sharp ( which has a purifier built in- HEPA).

I use my air conditioner even if the temperature is cool because it achieves the same thing as a dehumidifier. It's an inverter model so low electricity consumption. I also keep an eye on indoor humidity levels throughout the day and ensure it stays b/w 50 and 70%. Without keeping the windows closed and turning on the AC, it goes up to 80-85. That leads to mold and condensation everywhere.
That's an option. Thanks

Please remember the dehumidifier will make ghe room slightly warmer.
I can understand the safety of your equipment is a bigger concern but just a point to keep in mind.

Also if origin being a local company, not sure if they actually manufacture it here in india but atleast if you can expect better service from them then i would opt for origin

DW- J20FM-W.
I use the SHARP DW- J20 FA It's a lovely machine i have been using it for 2 years now , also i put it on the air purifier mode when I'm in the room and the A/c is switched on. I use the ORIGIN- ND 328's in the bedrooms . I stay close to the sea and these machines have worked fine for me.
Cheers!
Anand

Last edited:
I use the SHARP DW- J20 FA It's a lovely machine i have been using it for 2 years now , also i put it on the air purifier mode when I'm in the room and the A/c is switched on. I use the ORIGIN- ND 328's in the bedrooms . I stay close to the sea and these machines have worked fine for me.
Cheers!
Anand
Thanks Anand. That's great info.

I got the Origin dehumidifier since couple of months, its used mostly in the rains & sometimes summer.
Very happy with it.

Cheers..

I got the Origin dehumidifier since couple of months, its used mostly in the rains & sometimes summer.
Very happy with it.

Cheers..
My take on it is that if I am putting some money down on a dehumidifier, might as well get the purifier option ,a good addition in our cities and if its a HEPA, excellent.

My take on it is that if I am putting some money down on a dehumidifier, might as well get the purifier option ,a good addition in our cities and if its a HEPA, excellent.
Makes sense, our city needs dehumidifier in the rains for sure. So get what suits you.

Got my Sharp delivered today. It brought down the 90% humidity in my room to the set 50% ( adjustable) in about 45 minutes. Fairly silent. Overall I am satisfied with the product. Hopefully it will protect my equipment from damage due to moisture .

Got my Sharp delivered today. It brought down the 90% humidity in my room to the set 50% ( adjustable) in about 45 minutes. Fairly silent. Overall I am satisfied with the product. Hopefully it will protect my equipment from damage due to moisture .
They advertise in a rather funny way. Not that we have any doubt it does not work well
But they claim with dehumidifier on, all washed clothes will get dry in no time :)
Initially i thought this is some "clothes dryer" sharp has introduced in india.

That's advertising for you. Tall claims, usually sensational." Newer/ Better/ Best in the world/ Obscure award winner " etc.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back