Delhi the most pathatic A/V Dealership/professional place.

Looks good to me...... will call you on 26th or may be earlier (I can call you earlier as well right)......

Sure you can. Call me after 7pm any day. If I don't answer, then please leave a text. I will definitely call back.

Cheers!!

Hi Guys,
Another weekend passed by with few more auditions and ofcourse AVATAR movie, for the movie I posted my experience in the Avatar x 3! thread. I am here to share the auditioned experience. Friends and fellow members I feel elated and ecstatic to announce that finally I was able to find a stereo setup that brushed my ear dromes pretty nicely. I still have to find a 5.1 that can do the same. Plus another point that brought a smile was that both the dealers i went today and yesterday were far better to talk to plus had a sense of how to entertain, with the most needed quality in this business patience.

The very first dealer I went was the "HIFI ZONE" lajpat rai market. Deals in PolkAudio and Rave Acoustics. The one that made me interested were the TSi 400 200W 2-Way 4-Speaker Floor Standing speakers. Though I was only able hear these as a stereo setup, the dealer promised me to give an audition with TSi 100 as rear spks CS20 as center and PSW 125 as sub. Judging from the front floor speakers, I can say 5.1 should not sound bad. Looking forward to this.

Ashish any views about this model. I know you own a polk Audio so I am asking.

The second dealer was Danny from Bass and Treble. Made me listed 3 Brands out of which 2 brand went straight in to my heart and head for a stereo setup. The stereo setup that made my day was Warfadale 10.5 with Marantz CD player and Marantz 7002 AMP. I dont know if its only me, but not even the B&W 685 sounded better than Warfadale 10.5 even though B&W were 10K more than the W10.5. Danny made me listen "Give me some sunshine" from 3 idots, and Shukarana from Kurban as far as Hindi tracks goes then Sweet child oh mine and a track from Nirvana for English tracks. Man I tell you the nirvana track and the 3 Idiots track simply blew me away with the absolute tinch rich clarity on the mids and very subtle base and that ultimate balanced heaviness in the entire music that I love. I also listened to the signature series of warfadale which were like 70K for a pair. but that did not impress me. reason ofcouse would be me, as I found signature more emphasized towards mids and vocals with that heaviness missing. I also listened to QUAD bookshelves which were better than Signature but slightly below than 10.5 for me.
Warfadale 10.5 were quoted 35K a pair.

For 5.1 setup I was made to listen brand called AAD. Very loud and hefty throw with less emphasize on Mids and vocals. Treble was just fine and no issue in clarity, absolute clear. Though Danny did not have a complete setup but listing to stereo I could imagine what these spks could do when connected to full 5.1 setup with True DTS HD. As a stand alone, Stereo they can only impress those who like more bass/loudeness in the music rather than emphasizing on mids and vocals. Which is what I would prefer only in Movies.

So finally I decided on Warfadale 10.5 with Marantz 7002 and Marantz CD player, for a Stereo setup......Hunt is still on for a 5.1. though B&W were the best I have listened so far but did not bring that smile and satisfaction I am looking for......... that Warfadale 10.5 brought to me today for a stereo setup.....Let see if PolkAudio 5.1 could or maybe AAD (still to audition complete 5.1). HIFI Vision has promised the same as I posted about.... Looking forward this.
That conclude this week's Audition Mission.........Next week Audition continues for 5.1 setup.

Yes One more thing. I am getting this Marantz 7002 Stereo Amp for 22000. This looks like a decent price. I want to go for this Amp as Warfadale really performed with this amp. Kinldy guide is this amp worth 22K and shall I book this one......

Last edited:
Sam> I thought you were just looking....Are you going to use this equipment in your current house or the new one???
BTW> I bought my Marantz AVR and DVDp from Kajender a.k.a Hifizone.....

So finally I decided on Warfadale 10.5 with Marantz 7002 and Marantz CD player, for a Stereo setup......Hunt is still on for a 5.1. though B&W were the best I have listened so far but did not bring that smile and satisfaction I am looking for......... that Warfadale 10.5 brought to me today for a stereo setup.....

Great! Another person who felt the goose bumbs and the hair standing on end feeling on hearing the Wharfedales for the first time. So all you people who smile slyly when they hear me praising the Wharfedales, can now quickly gulp your smiles. :):)

Cheers

Sam> I thought you were just looking....Are you going to use this equipment in your current house or the new one???
BTW> I bought my Marantz AVR and DVDp from Kajender a.k.a Hifizone.....

No I will not use these on my current house. I dont have the room to place these sexy beasts :D. But yes I have decided very much on Warfadale 10.5 with Marantz amp and the player. Its the AMP that danny was giving for 22 and had this last piece left. he said the next lot would be 7003, so if I want I can buy this now for 22. As I said I have no idea about amps specially the prices that is why I told him to wait for my call. I can then take advice from my fellow members here as to what shall I do. I will just buy the amp for now and lock it, if the deal is that good. If its like I can get the same anytime of the year with the same price no point in buying it right now.

And yea Kajender was his name, I was not able to recall his name. Very decent guy, nice to talk to. I seriously was loosing hope after first coupld of auditions from people in Okhlas and GKs etc. Kajender also introduced me to a new Home Automation vender (U must be knowing I am also designing and planning to go for Home Automation) and I was really impressed with the catalog. He also had this Network media Player that I was not aware of, called PlayON. reading reviews on this and looks like exactly what I need for the price (initially was planning to get TViX) So the trip was definitely worth. Will visit him next month for PolkAudio 5.1 audition.

Last edited:
Great! Another person who felt the goose bumbs and the hair standing on end feeling on hearing the Wharfedales for the first time. So all you people who smile slyly when they hear me praising the Wharfedales, can now quickly gulp your smiles. :):)

Cheers

Tell you man, I am in love with these spks/amp/player combination. Dying to get hold of these and put some quality music. BTW why do people slyly when you praise these spks. As far as i can tell, beautiful music producing sets. For me even B&W couldn't bring that satisfaction.

No I will not use this on my current house. I dont have the room to place these sexy beasts. But yes I have decided very much on Warfadale 10.5 with Marantz amp and the player. Its the AMP that danny was giving for 22 and had this last piece left. he said the next lot would be 7003, so if I want I can buy this now for 22. As I said I have no idea about amps specially the prices that is why I told him to wait for my call. I can then take advice from my fellow members here as to what shall I do. I will just buy the amp for now and lock it, if the deal is that good. If its like I can get the same anytime of the year with the same price no point in buying it right now.
Sam, your house is not even built yet. It will take good amount of time before you can use your new amp. You can find similar amps then. Sam, you should cross the bridge when you reach it. I don't think this is that great a deal that you have to buy it years ahead before you can actually utilize your purchase!! I think you should wait.....Other members...your comments

Sam, your house is not even built yet. It will take good amount of time before you can use your new amp. You can find similar amps then. Sam, you should cross the bridge when you reach it. I don't think this is that great a deal that you have to buy it years ahead before you can actually utilize your purchase!! I think you should wait.....Other members...your comments

Ok sounds fair, but please do'nt say years....:eek: max one year usually 9-10 months if construction is full on and everything is preplanned(which is what I am doing). Would there be so much iteration in amp/player models within that period.??

Ok sounds fair, but please do'nt say years....:eek: max one year usually 9-10 months if construction is full on and everything is preplanned(which is what I am doing). Would there be so much iteration in amp/player models within that period.??

pl keep warranty in mind, for what its worth.

...Hunt is still on for a 5.1. though B&W were the best I have listened so far but did not bring that smile and satisfaction I am looking for......... that Warfadale 10.5 brought to me today for a stereo setup.....Let see if PolkAudio 5.1 could or maybe AAD (still to audition complete 5.1). HIFI Vision has promised the same as I posted about.... Looking forward this.
That conclude this week's Audition Mission.........Next week Audition continues for 5.1 setup...

I'm just a tad confused. It appears to me that you were thoroughly impressed by the Wharfedales. Is there any reason you're not choosing to go with Wharfedales for the rest of the components for a 5.1 set-up? Is your HT going to be in a different room than your stereo?

The very first dealer I went was the "HIFI ZONE" lajpat rai market. Deals in PolkAudio and Rave Acoustics. The one that made me interested were the TSi 400 200W 2-Way 4-Speaker Floor Standing speakers. Though I was only able hear these as a stereo setup, the dealer promised me to give an audition with TSi 100 as rear spks CS20 as center and PSW 125 as sub. Judging from the front floor speakers, I can say 5.1 should not sound bad. Looking forward to this.

Since I own the step up model of the Polk you have auditioned which excels in both Music and Movies whereas the model you have auditioned is the upgrade model for Polk Monitor Series which was best for its value for money aspects and would give you bang for your buck when it comes to movies but music was the downside of these speakers thats why I didn't like them, now since the series has been revised and you have already taken a full blown audition of my setup so you are the best judge of the difference in the sound signature between the two series and I leave it entirely on your decision. Take the demo of full 5.1 demo from the same series and then make up your mind.
I would also like to point out that since you liked the sound signature of the wharfedales so why don't you go for full 5.1 setup from the same company and since its proven that speakers which excels in music are bound to excel in movies. The decision is enterily yours.

I'm just a tad confused. It appears to me that you were thoroughly impressed by the Wharfedales. Is there any reason you're not choosing to go with Wharfedales for the rest of the components for a 5.1 set-up? Is your HT going to be in a different room than your stereo?

There is a different listining experience for me as far as Music and Movies goes. I dont like heavy loudeness and bass in music and compromising to the mids and vocals. Not saying that do not like bass, I do.... that is why signatures did not impress me, but it should be ballanced, and the bass should be subtle, much like W 10.5
Movies I like pure heaviness and bass in the entire listining experience, and I am ready to compromise with mids to a certain level. Anyhow the fronts mostly dont have to produce vocals in a 5.1 setup so they need not to be perfect on those. Warfadale was lacking that. AAD on the other hand were giving enormous heaviness even in stereo (which I did not like at all) but I could imagine that in movies I should be impressed with these, and that is the reason I would be auditioning these again when Danny has the entire set up ready for 5.1

Since I own the step up model of the Polk you have auditioned which excels in both Music and Movies whereas the model you have auditioned is the upgrade model for Polk Monitor Series which was best for its value for money aspects and would give you bang for your buck when it comes to movies but music was the downside of these speakers thats why I didn't like them, now since the series has been revised and you have already taken a full blown audition of my setup so you are the best judge of the difference in the sound signature between the two series and I leave it entirely on your decision. Take the demo of full 5.1 demo from the same series and then make up your mind.
I would also like to point out that since you liked the sound signature of the wharfedales so why don't you go for full 5.1 setup from the same company and since its proven that speakers which excels in music are bound to excel in movies. The decision is enterily yours.

mmm Even I was thing the same AFA movies goes. For music for me W 10.5 sounded the best. Yes for movies I am looking forward to Polk Audio. The reason I dont want to go for the same brand for 5.1 is the difference in the sound experience I want to have for stereo and 5.1. As I explained to grubyhalo Warfadale put more emphasize on vocals and mids, with a balanced heaviness and subtle bass, which is what I want for Music. for Movies I want something like .....what your Polk had with Transformers II. More heaviness and bass. I feel AAD should pass the test (they were expensive though 70K a pair), else Polk TSi 400 would be best bang for the bucks, the entire package is 60K. Lets see let me audition these two and will update my experience.

Also what your advice on the 7002 amp part...???

There is a different listining experience for me as far as Music and Movies goes. I dont like heavy loudeness and bass in music and compromising to the mids and vocals. Not saying that do not like bass, I do.... that is why signatures did not impress me, but it should be ballanced, and the bass should be subtle, much like W 10.5
Movies I like pure heaviness and bass in the entire listining experience, and I am ready to compromise with mids to a certain level. Anyhow the fronts mostly dont have to produce vocals in a 5.1 setup so they need not to be perfect on those. Warfadale was lacking that. AAD on the other hand were giving enormous heaviness even in stereo (which I did not like at all) but I could imagine that in movies I should be impressed with these, and that is the reason I would be auditioning these again when Danny has the entire set up ready for 5.1

Ah, I see. Why don't you hold on till you find a set that excels in both. You could use a pre+amp combo for the fronts and connect the AVR's L and R to the pre. Also, did you try listening to the LSi series?

Ah, I see. Why don't you hold on till you find a set that excels in both. You could use a pre+amp combo for the fronts and connect the AVR's L and R to the pre. Also, did you try listening to the LSi series?

I might find a spk that excels in both, though I doubt coz of the difference in tast I have for both forms, but even if I do the pre+avr combo though would save that extra shelling for the separate speakers but for what I have read and learnt is it also can make you compromise on the stereo audio quality. I am not an expert, but may be someone from the forums can address this more precisely.

LSi series might be a bit out of Budget, a 200 W bookshelves LSi9 is around 55K/pair. So you can see

Last edited:
Also what your advice on the 7002 amp part...???

Marantz 7002 is a great stereo Amp, but this series has been updated with the 003 series and as other have pointed out that there is no point of buying your stuff right now as you would not use it. Considering the warranty and the upgradability because by the time your house gets completed then by that time something better might be avaliable for lesser or more price and since you are not buying your speakers now so if by that time these wharfedales series are discontinued or not avaliabe then you will have to start your exercise of auditioning speakers to match your amp all over again.

Marantz 7002 is a great stereo Amp, but this series has been updated with the 003 series and as other have pointed out that there is no point of buying your stuff right now as you would not use it. Considering the warranty and the upgradability because by the time your house gets completed then by that time something better might be avaliable for lesser or more price and since you are not buying your speakers now so if by that time these wharfedales series are discontinued or not avaliabe then you will have to start your exercise of auditioning speakers to match your amp all over again.

mmm logical as far as amp goes, but atleast I know Warfadales are according to my listening choice, chances of 10.5 being discontinued, are minimal keeping their past record. 9.2 and 9.5 are still available after years of launch. Infact 8 series is still available as well. Anyway chalo lets wait and continue for that 5.1 bliss experience.....

You know Sam, with all these dealer woes in Delhi, I am thinking I should open a store with-a-difference in delhi:lol:

No offence met, but believe me when I say, as good as your intentions might be, the store wouldn't survive. That, dear friend, is the other ugly side to the Audio/Video business in Delhi/NCR. The fact is, as valid as the topic of this thread is, one must not overlook the fact, that most customers from around here are also very different in their attitudes and demands, when compared to other cities. It is only the sharks and two-bit salesman, that are succesfull here. Those who actually have the knowledge and try to be honest and sincere with customers, either quit out of frustration or simply close down due to lack of business.

I got into this business in 1996, long before 'Home Theater' became the abused word that it is today. In fact, I was the second person, the first being Sanjay Jain (Prerna Jain) of 'TGIF', to set up demo rooms for Audio/Video in the NCR region. Unfortunately Sanjay Jain died in 1996 and his wife Prerna tried to continue his business for a few years before she too sold out. I myself quit doing this as a business in 2003. My primary reason for getting into this business, was my passion for audio/video and not so much for the money. Thus, I found it very frustrating having to deal with customers who treated you like a two-bit salesman and saw no value in dealing with someone like myself compared to someone in Gaffar Market who probably couldn't tell the difference between 'RMS' & 'PMPO' to save his life. The extra time spent and the level of service provided, mean't nothing to most customers at the ned of the day. All that mattered to them was, who can provide the lowest price, which invariably any Gaffar guy can. More often than not, I would spend my time and effort in educating the customer, help design his system etc. and he would in the end, just take the final list to Gaffar and get it the system for a lower price. Whether the system ever got installed properly, or for that matter setup/tweaked properly is all immaterial to most customers. You would be surprised as to how many systems, including very expensive one's, that perform like crap, simply because the system wes never setup or calibrated properly. I guess that is the price they pay, for their "penny wise, pound foolish" attitude. But then again due totheir ignorance, they will never know any better.

Anyhow, due to my experience in this business I know most of the people, atleast the old timers, in this business in the NCR. Thus, I am sure I could be of help to anyone who might want it. Both in terms of advice for equipment and also suggestions distributors/retailers. Thus, if anyone would like any help, please feel free to contact me.

PS: Most people in this business, including the one's dealing in the high end stuff, know very little about Audio/Video. I should know, I am the one who have taught most of them and still help them out to this day when they get stuck with questions and issues. To most of them audio/video equipment might as well be "sabji/tarkari" for all they care about is selling it and making a quick buck. This is not to say, 'all' are like that, but definately the vast majority are. I hope I don't end up offending and/or upsetting someone. But then again, woh kya kehte hain? "Ab bol hi diya hai, to dekh lenge".

Last edited:
No offence met, but believe me when I say, as good as your intentions might be, the store wouldn't survive. That, dear friend, is the other ugly side to the Audio/Video business in Delhi/NCR. The fact is, as valid as the topic of this thread is, one must not overlook the fact, that most customers from around here are also very different in their attitudes and demands, when compared to other cities. It is only the sharks and two-bit salesman, that are succesfull here. Those who actually have the knowledge and try to be honest and sincere with customers, either quit out of frustration or simply close down due to lack of business.

I got into this business in 1996, long before 'Home Theater' became the abused word that it is today. In fact, I was the second person, the first being Sanjay Jain (Prerna Jain) of 'TGIF', to set up demo rooms for Audio/Video in the NCR region. Unfortunately Sanjay Jain died in 1996 and his wife Prerna tried to continue his business for a few years before she too sold out. I myself quit doing this as a business in 2003. My primary reason for getting into this business, was my passion for audio/video and not so much for the money. Thus, I found it very frustrating having to deal with customers who treated you like a two-bit salesman and saw no value in dealing with someone like myself compared to someone in Gaffar Market who probably couldn't tell the difference between 'RMS' & 'PMPO' to save his life. The extra time spent and the level of service provided, mean't nothing to most customers at the ned of the day. All that mattered to them was, who can provide the lowest price, which invariably any Gaffar guy can. More often than not, I would spend my time and effort in educating the customer, help design his system etc. and he would in the end, just take the final list to Gaffar and get it the system for a lower price. Whether the system ever got installed properly, or for that matter setup/tweaked properly is all immaterial to most customers. You would be surprised as to how many systems, including very expensive one's, that perform like crap, simply because the system wes never setup or calibrated properly. I guess that is the price they pay, for their "penny wise, pound foolish" attitude. But then again due totheir ignorance, they will never know any better.

Anyhow, due to my experience in this business I know most of the people, atleast the old timers, in this business in the NCR. Thus, I am sure I could be of help to anyone who might want it. Both in terms of advice for equipment and also suggestions distributors/retailers. Thus, if anyone would like any help, please feel free to contact me.

PS: Most people in this business, including the one's dealing in the high end stuff, know very little about Audio/Video. I should know, I am the one who have taught most of them and still help them out to this day when they get stuck with questions and issues. To most of them audio/video equipment might as well be "sabji/tarkari" for all they care about is selling it and making a quick buck. This is not to say, 'all' are like that, but definately the vast majority are. I hope I don't end up offending and/or upsetting someone. But then again, woh kya kehte hain? "Ab bol hi diya hai, to dekh lenge".

Sanjay your real life experience with this business is very educating and yes its true that in the market like delhi people do tend to get after the cheaper deals and in the end they don't care from where they buy their stuff. But as Sumit has pointed out that if a store with a difference with no intentions of earning huge profit margins and with the sole aim of educating and serving a potential customer of this field then I guess that it would make a lot of difference to the present senario of this side of business in delhi.
Times have also changed and people are getting more and more educated into all these things, this could be due to the internet or forums and personal references of people who have these kind of setup at their places. Everyone loves music and its a hidden urge in everybody to realise that dream of his or her by getting a reasonably sounding system for a well laid out price but sometimes these dreams get shattered due to the lack of knowledge or experience that a customer like Sam is getting in Delhi. Take for example of Denny of Bass & Treble, he is doing a sizable business as well as by giving his personal attention he has earned a good reputation among us Audio/Video philes, but all he lack is a good demo room as well as the ready stock of goods. Thinking on these lines I don't think that Sumit's entering into this trade and representing brands which are not represented in Delhi at present would not be a bad idea.

Last edited:
Sanjay your real life experience with this business is very educating and yes its true that in the market like delhi people do tend to get after the cheaper deals and in the end they don't care from where they buy their stuff. But as Sumit has pointed out that if a store with a difference with no intentions of earning huge profit margins and with the sole aim of educating and serving a potential customer of this field then I guess that it would make a lot of difference to the present senario of this side of business in delhi.
Times have also changed and people are getting more and more educated into all these things, this could be due to the internet or forums and personal references of people who have these kind of setup at their places. Everyone loves music and its a hidden urge in everybody to realise that dream of his or her by getting a reasonably sounding system for a well laid out price but sometimes these dreams get shattered due to the lack of knowledge or experience that a customer like Sam is getting in Delhi. Take for example of Denny of Bass & Treble, he is doing a sizable business as well as by giving his personal attention he has earned a good reputation among us Audio/Video philes, but all he lack is a good demo room as well as the ready stock of goods. Thinking on these lines I don't think that Sumit's entering into this trade and representing brands which are not represented in Delhi at present would not be a bad idea.

the crux is, who defines what is a 'huge profit margin'? and vis-a-vis what volumes? there cannot be any charity in business, good intentions notwithstanding. and, in a place like Saket Select City Walk, rentals would be through the roof!! so, guess there are a couple of options. one, have a pure commodity selling outlet, like most in Gaffar Mkt., with no expectations of knowledge from them. and then have a consultant, who does not sell, or get prejudiced by brands, but only advises for a fee. i also feel this debate can continue endlessly, with no compromise-less solutions.

another issue is market models, being push and pull. hifi typically falls into the push markets. in push, selling is needed. for pull, marketing takes care.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back