Demo experience - Panasonic V20/ST30/X30 Samsung D490/D550

BTW, few days back, i had chance of viewing ST30(46inch) at Giria store. I watched this TV for 15min (all blueray content). PQ was stunning. dont know about other features. need to explore it further.

this was the same TV that made my family guys realise the power of a plasma....just the logo of 20th century fox at the beginning of a BDrip movie, and they instantly dumped the adjacent sony 40EX720 playing the same content frame-by-frame ! earlier they were in utter doubt that why was i so much after plasma when all the neighbourhood and every XYZ was after LED, but just THAT MOMENT was akin a revolution for their eyes :eek:hyeah:

anyone from mumbai who wants a 50V20 ? i know a place with just 1 piece left !

But Kohinoor in Vashi had more than 4 pieces for sale. Unfortunately they were not ready to offer it for anything less than Rs. 75k.

I had demoed it along with x series 50" Panasonic plasma. Its no where close to the V20. The reflections were not only more prominent, but they were showing colors of the reflected images. However, I could not find any difference in PQ between V20 and VT20. Top10 has priced the VT20 at Rs. 1.2L while Reliance digital was offering it for Rs. 80k flat. My friend was bewildered how such a huuugee difference is possible in pricing.

I happened to see 42" ST Pana. Its amazingly thin, just like an LED. It has a superb PQ comparable to VT. :clapping:

I am still trying to demo the Sammy 550D but yet to get an opportunity. I searched in Top Ten, Rel. digital, Croma, Vijay Sales, Kings Electronics.... nowhere it is on display! Sad. Anyone knows a place in Navi Mumbai where Pana and Sammy can be seen together?

Last edited:
But Kohinoor in Vashi had more than 4 pieces for sale. Unfortunately they were not ready to offer it for anything less than Rs. 75k.

I had demoed it along with x series 50" Panasonic plasma. Its no where close to the V20. The reflections were not only more prominent, but they were showing colors of the reflected images. However, I could not find any difference in PQ between V20 and VT20. Top10 has priced the VT20 at Rs. 1.2L while Reliance digital was offering it for Rs. 80k flat. My friend was bewildered how such a huuugee difference is possible in pricing.

I happened to see 42" ST Pana. Its amazingly thin, just like an LED. It has a superb PQ comparable to VT. :clapping:

I am still trying to demo the Sammy 550D but yet to get an opportunity. I searched in Top Ten, Rel. digital, Croma, Vijay Sales, Kings Electronics.... nowhere it is on display! Sad. Anyone knows a place in Navi Mumbai where Pana and Sammy can be seen together?

D550 is equivalent or slightly better than the X30 in reflection department. Much better PQ though.
You should find the D550 in one of the samsung plazas. Call and go.

Edit: 50V20, You can get for 63k. Thats the lowest in Bangalore.

Last edited:
hi santy,

you can demo the 51D550 and pana TVs at kohinoor, ghodbunder road (besides cinewonder mall). its the same place i was talking about which has a single piece of the 50V20.

after having visited big world of panny/sammy plasma and overly-hyped or overpriced world of LCD/LEDs, i decided to play low and log onto the panny [email protected]. I am very happy with my purchase and save lot of money for buying full HD projector. I would rather prefer to spend money on high quality projector than on big size TV. 42inch x30 is more than enough to fulfil all TV requirements.

Contact our forum member prankay.
Panasonic Brand Shop folks have taken my number and have promised to inform as soon as they have stock. When I went few days back, they had the last one going to Chennai through VRL :)

Most probably we can get a group buy for 60k once they get more stocks! We can build a list of people willing to buy and I would do my best to get the price as close to 60k.

after having visited big world of panny/sammy plasma and overly-hyped or overpriced world of LCD/LEDs, i decided to play low and log onto the panny [email protected]. I am very happy with my purchase and save lot of money for buying full HD projector. I would rather prefer to spend money on high quality projector than on big size TV. 42inch x30 is more than enough to fulfil all TV requirements.
Enjoy your purchase dude, I did some research after you got it and seems it has a very good USB support as well. Let us know your experience accordingly. Definitely a better buy than most of the LED TVs at even more than 10 times the cost ;)

many thanks to @prankey. who negotiated very hard to the last minute to bring them to 32.5k, otherwise, I was all set to pay 34k.
this set, i bought at Devi international jayanagar

Doh! Wish he'd mentioned the price aswell. Spoke to the Kohinoor guys at the outlet near my residence, they said they didn't have the stock of the V or VT in any size.

pls let me know the 3D quality the depth and pop out for 46U30. Pls share u r expreince.

pls let me know the 3D quality the depth and pop out for 46U30. Pls share u r expreince.

are you sure it is 46 incher U30 or U20. I think there is no 46 incher in U30 series launched in india.

Entry level 3d plasma from panny is UT30 -- 42/50 inches...I have checked 2D on this pretty good...but could not check 3D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back