Demo Speaker: Any risk

hifiGreen

I am getting Yamaha Soavo demo speaker (Floor standing pair) at 20K less than Brand new. Brand new: 1.1 Lakh , Demo: 90K. Is it worth it? Anybody , any idea on quality and risk of Demo speakers. Also Yamaha speakers have one year warranty, most of rest are 5 years. Is there any risk with Yamaha speakers?

The question on buying of demo speakers has been comprehensively addressed in earlier threads - there is very little downside and quite a bit of upside as long as some issues are clarified. Perhaps you could look for the earlier thread.
Sorry I cannot be of assistance specifically about Yamaha speakers.

I went and auditioned the soavo floorstanders and quite honestly..don't bother. Get a Lyrita Audio Grande horn speaker made by Viren Bakshi from Lyrita Audio instead.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

I would love the Lyrita Horn speakers at my place, though I doubt I could afford it! But I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, eh Avidyarthy?

Shaqblogs, You like slender speakers? :) Size zero?

But I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, eh Avidyarthy?

Shaqblogs, You like slender speakers? :) Size zero?
not exactly. I prefer slender ones thou...my room is small

Still, I like these big ones
this is decent looking
this looks kinda kool
and this too

so when I compare these to the earlier one...it does look :eek::eek:

I havent heard the speaker posted above. They might even put my speakers to shame when compared to how it sounds.
My comment was simply based on how it looks.

Last edited:
AND .... I find them luscious and sexy! :licklips: .... to look at and ogle ....

I completely agree. They do look awesome. And anything from the Viren Bakshi stable is worth every penny. Besides, after an interaction with Virenji, one could also come away with an enhanced knowledge about audio and its intricacies (at least I certainly did).:)

I auditioned the soavo again today on the AS1000 CD player and AS1000 amplifier.
If polk audio is on one end of midbass heavy, this is on the other end of low high heavy. Couldn't enjoy it =\

I cannot comment about Yamaha speakers however I bought a pair of KEF Q7, Q5 and Q9C speakers as demo pieces.

I was assured of no cone or speaker damages. I did a visual inspection and also heard them at the company showroom in Profx bangalore and got them at a very good price.

In one speaker the cross over network was damaged and it was entirely replaced by a Profx technician at my place with a brand new cross over.

All in all a very good deal.

PM me privately for the prices I paid if you want.

I hope this helps clarify and decide whether you want to buy demo pieces.

PS: You can look at other speakers other than Yamaha (KEF, monitor audio etc for the price (Rs 90,000) that you are willing to pay! And I sure you will get better recommendations than what I have mentioned here.

Vinod

Last edited:
oh man, those are really ugly looking speakers :eek::eek::eek:

They're ...different! And I could live with them!
Brand new: 1.1 Lakh , Demo: 90K. Is it worth it?
Personally, I'd be looking for a bigger ex-demo discount, but then, the UK market is more favourable in that respect, and I have bought amplifier and speakers with up to 50% ex-dem. I'd also want a full manufacturer's warranty: without that, they're not ex-demo, they are second-hand.

I am getting Yamaha Soavo demo speaker (Floor standing pair) at 20K less than Brand new. Brand new: 1.1 Lakh , Demo: 90K. Is it worth it? Anybody , any idea on quality and risk of Demo speakers. Also Yamaha speakers have one year warranty, most of rest are 5 years. Is there any risk with Yamaha speakers?

Can you please let the FM's what is the purpose of Soavo.I mean is it for stereo listening or Hometheatre setup.

Cheers

This i can live with. Sure thay re different. Whats life without things being different.
I have a couple of friends who show their relative sanity to their wives, by showing such different speakers ;)

Those are one of the most good looking speakers I have seen...:licklips:
If you call *that* one of the most good looking speakers, curious to know what would/could be ugly to u :)

Last edited:

Personally, I'd be looking for a bigger ex-demo discount, but then, the UK market is more favourable in that respect, and I have bought amplifier and speakers with up to 50% ex-dem. I'd also want a full manufacturer's warranty: without that, they're not ex-demo, they are second-hand.

The power amp I have is ex demo and was picked up at 40% retail right here in india from the distributors. So yes, one should be able to get demo pieces for 50% or lower.

<<
Can you please let the FM's what is the purpose of Soavo.I mean is it for stereo listening or Hometheatre setup.
>>

90% music and 10% HT. I have a Marantz AV7005 pre and Marantz MM7055 Amp.

Thanks everybody for your reply and help. I went ahead and bought the Soavo-1. I auditioned Polk Audio, Energy, Monitor audio, Thiel, PSB and Rotel and even Virenji's Speaker. Virenji was real gentleman. I am no audiofile and found Yamaha Soavo most suitable for the kind of Thump and fidelity I needed as per my current taste:)

This is one of the best site for Audio and TV and to me much better than youtube and Amazon review which are sometimes paid review. This site looks to be real user review and feedback and some of the most knowledgeable person share there experience and expertise in hifivision.

Thanks again everybody.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back