DENON AV 1911 goes in Standby mode when volume is increased

nelson975

I have a Denon AV 1911 with Definitive Procinema 600 Speaker System. Teh issue is whenever I try to increase the volume on Denon AV 1911 the receiver goes in a STANDBY mode...I'm not sure if have done any wrong setup on the AV reciver or any of the speaker cables are faulty.

Kindly help?

Its going into protection - So it seems

If this is happening at very high volumes, the the receiver is putting it self into standby to protect itself possibly due to overheating

If it is happening at any volume level or rather everytime you turn up the volume even by a few notches.
Check all the speaker cables to see that no bare wire is touching each other - Check the AVR side as well as the speaker.

Check other components in the chain as well.

If all fails its time to take your AVR to an authorized service center to get it checked

Make sure the speaker cables are not touching the amp body. In the stand by mode check the frequency of the red flash. The manual gives explanation for the red flashes. Is there any voltage fluctuation?

It is always better to use banana plugs to safeguard short circuiting your speaker wires. It may be the case at the back of AVR wire can touch AVR body resulting in high current flow.

If the speaker cables would have been faulty/short then the amp won't even work at lower volume levels. The problem is either with Amp overdrive or over heating because of which its going into protection. Please tell us the speakers levels that you have set up in the speaker settings menu to give you a more detailed answer and to rule out the first problem.
Sometimes this also happens if the crossover inside the speaker is faulty and then it makes the amplifier to go into protection when its volume is increased.

Last edited:
they might do this even when the input power is not adequate enough to meet the demand...like low voltage situations...check this aspect too...

Call an engineer to check the Denon AV1911 and Definitive Procinema 600 Speaker System. After much troubleshooting found that the AV is working fine and Definitive Speakers have got short. As per the Engineer, the coil for all the 5 speakers need to be changed. Any clues on the Engineers verdict?

Call an engineer to check the Denon AV1911 and Definitive Procinema 600 Speaker System. After much troubleshooting found that the AV is working fine and Definitive Speakers have got short. As per the Engineer, the coil for all the 5 speakers need to be changed. Any clues on the Engineers verdict?

I think you should rerun the setup with one of the 5 speakers disconnected at a time and all remaining 4 runnning. Increase volume and see if same problem happens. This was you can find out which of the speakers are faulty..

Check induvisual speakers giving test tone in high volume u will know which speaker faulty.
Issue may be with Twitters....

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

I think that the engineer's diagnosis is right as I have dealt with this problem once with one of my client wherein his KEF reference series speakers were over driven for some party and the coils in both his speaker crossover got completely burnt which made the AMP to go into protect mode as soon the Volume was increased.

My cousins Denon amplifier got burnt when the volume was increased connected to a Jamo speakers. I told him this was due to the faulty speakers as the impedance gets so dangerously low that the amplifer got burnt. This was also confirmed by the Denon technician that the speaker is the culprit here as he had purchased them in some running offers from Jamo in the year 2006.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back