Denon AVR 1910 + xxxxx = Next is WHAT?

frankmehta

A big hello to everyone on HFV! I am a big fan of this site and appreciate the highly learned people around here who help noobs like us!!

I have a 250 sq feet room and there are two halves of the same. The first half is the dining area whereas the second half is the seating area where the TV and the HT will be placed. I intend to listen to a lot of music on this home theatre, but also wish to watch movies on it.
I have a Denon AVR 1910 which I just purchased last week. I intend to power 2 (FSR's) and a (Centre channel + 2 Satellite set) using the Denon which is rated @ 90*7 @ 8 ohms. I also intend to get a powered subwoofer for this setup, which should have anything above 10" driver.

Now, my question to everyone is, WHAT speakers should I get?

Here's what I have in mind for the FSR's: I could get the Definitive Technology BP7006 and forgo an active sub.

For the centre channel and satellite, I am absolutely confused.

My budget for just the speakers is about 80k. Please guide me :sad:

Shouldn't the thread name be something like "frankmehta wants a speaker setup" ? (like on TE and other forums ! )

Hehe...just kidding...welcome to HFV, you have come to the right place. Enjoy your stay. ;)

Are you the same frankmehta who was trying to built an HTPC for his HD files.....with loads ot requirements........

Apologies if you are not the one.....

Frankmehta is so popular that we are not answering his queries in the excitement:lol:

Shouldn't the thread name be something like "frankmehta wants a speaker setup" ? (like on TE and other forums ! )

Hehe...just kidding...welcome to HFV, you have come to the right place. Enjoy your stay. ;)

Are you the same frankmehta who was trying to built an HTPC for his HD files.....with loads ot requirements........

Welcome to the Forum, Frankie. Have a nice time :).

Alcy: + 1.
There can't be too many frankmehtas interested in Music, my guess is that it is indeed the frankmehta from teambhp, TE etc:cool:

A big hello to everyone on HFV! I am a big fan of this site and appreciate the highly learned people around here who help noobs like us!!

I have a 250 sq feet room and there are two halves of the same. The first half is the dining area whereas the second half is the seating area where the TV and the HT will be placed. I intend to listen to a lot of music on this home theatre, but also wish to watch movies on it.
I have a Denon AVR 1910 which I just purchased last week. I intend to power 2 (FSR's) and a (Centre channel + 2 Satellite set) using the Denon which is rated @ 90*7 @ 8 ohms. I also intend to get a powered subwoofer for this setup, which should have anything above 10" driver.

Now, my question to everyone is, WHAT speakers should I get?

Here's what I have in mind for the FSR's: I could get the Definitive Technology BP7006 and forgo an active sub.

For the centre channel and satellite, I am absolutely confused.

My budget for just the speakers is about 80k. Please guide me :sad:
Welcome onboard Frankmehta, have a pleasant stay at HFV.

Since you have an AVR, my guess it that this is for movies. So you definitely need a sub as the LFE from a sub(for movies) is a must have, an experience one should not miss.

About speakers, there are many 1910 owners and they will point you to the right pair of FS. From what I have read, the Wharfedales 10.1s go well with this AVR. If possible, try and get all your speakers from the same series. They will sound well together (for timbre-matching).

All the best!!:)

For the centre channel and satellite, I am absolutely confused. My budget for just the speakers is about 80k. Please guide me :sad:

DefTech are good speakers and are very good for movies. The 7006 has its own 300 watts amplifier, and I feel it will overwhelm your room. The Deftech speakers are for large rooms - some 500 square feet and above at least.

And, for the price of a single pair of DefTech 7006, you could get a complete 5.1 from other companies!!

Cheers

Buddy

As you are in Mumbai

You can even audition the whole new Q Acoustics Range with Floor Standers,
either @ The Shop or @ The @lliance 4...

The Q Acoustics 2000 Series with FloorStanders => Rs.79,500 + VAT
The Q Acoustics 1000 Series with FloorStanders => Rs.84,000 (inc. VAT)

So, i think you should audition these as well with Denon-1910, as the Denon model is well suited with Q Acoustics above package...

Try the Polk Audio's Rti A Series Speakers.Great speakers with good mid-range & lows.Good 4 music N movies.You can get them from Viola in Andheri, Mumbai.
I myself have the Polk RTi A3 Bookshelves, CSi A6 Centre, FXi A6 Surrounds & soon I'll add the monster DSW MicroPro 4000 Subwoofer.

Let me know if U need help.

I am overwhelmed by the replies guys!

Yes, I am the same frankmehta from everywhere ;-)

As for the speakers , I am SO confused that everything blacks out when I think about what to buy. LOL.

I agree about the Def Techs. They are expensive. Isn't WHARFEDALE a bit too bright for your tastes people?

Hi frankmehta, Sorry to intrude..
I too have finalized on Denon 1910. Looking for satellite speakers in particular. Anyone knows about Mission M-Cube? M-Cube
Any feedback appreciated
thanks
-Vishwa

You should definitely chat with Rishi at Alliance 4. Their new Goregaon listening room has loads of class gear. They were kind enough to give me a listen, just for kicks, even as they were setting up.
Got to hear the sublime transparent Xavians that they have among other things. Worth a hear.

GUYs guys guys! Please advise.
Mission M35i / Def Tech Bp7006 OR The Xavians?? I want to audition the same. Where can I go to hear a large number of brands under one roof?
Lakozy made me hear the PSB Alpha series and I wasn't too impressed.
Please advise me soon. It's only a month before I have to start the purchases.

Back