Denon AVR-988 AV Receiver

sagar29

Introduction Founded in 1946, Onkyo has produced many memorable AV components over the last half-century, including several behemoth receivers from the 1970s which are still sought out by vintage equipment collectors. Their reputation for building robust, feature-laden components has been instrumental in creating universal brand recognition and a loyal following. Aggressively incorporating the most recent technological advances in audio and video processing, they continue to develop new components, which offer sophisticated features and functions often found exclusively in higher-priced, high-end equipment. Onkyos continuing efforts are definitely evident in their heavyweight audio/video receiver, the TX-NR905 ($1,999). This THX Ultra2-Ccrtified 7.1 multi-channel receiver offers a plethora of standard and high-definition audio decoding formats, including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24 and DTS Neo:6. ...

Introduction Founded in 1946, Onkyo has produced many memorable AV components over the last half-century, including several behemoth receivers from the 1970s which are still sought out by vintage equipment collectors. Their reputation for building robust, feature-laden components has been instrumental in creating universal brand recognition and a loyal following. Aggressively incorporating the most recent technological advances in audio and video processing, they continue to develop new components, which offer sophisticated features and functions often found exclusively in higher-priced, high-end equipment. Onkyos continuing efforts are definitely evident in their heavyweight audio/video receiver, the TX-NR905 ($1,999). This THX Ultra2-Ccrtified 7.1 multi-channel receiver offers a plethora of standard and high-definition audio decoding formats, including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS-ES Discrete, DTS-ES Matrix, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS 96/24 and DTS Neo:6. ...

??? Is it about Denon or Onkyo?

Sagar

You have been posting a bunch of these info on components. What are you trying to achieve with this?

Links are a better choice and consolidated ones.

??? Is it about Denon or Onkyo?

It's the same thing...in a sense...historically speaking.
Denon is nothing but DENki ONkyo.
Originally called "Japan Denki Onkyo", it gave birth to two companies: Denon & Onkyo.
Sorry for being offtopic, but I had to answer this :D

Last edited:
Originally called "Japan Denki Onkyo", it gave birth to two companies: Denon & Onkyo.

Yup, I am aware of it. My question was posed in relation to the title thread and subject matter being different.

You are wrong.
Denon is not the Onkyo.
What you said is half correct-ie."Japan Denki Onkyo",
But word Onkyo in Japan meens sound.
Denon came from Den-on( "Japan Denki Onkyo")Its differnt than Onkyo.

I know Denon & Onkyo are not the same.
That is why I qualified my statement as:
Anyway, even I am unable to understand what is he trying to convey or ask by starting this post.

I know Denon & Onkyo are not the same.
That is why I qualified my statement as:

Anyway, even I am unable to understand what is he trying to convey or ask by starting this post.

Ya I agree ,the Q is confusing.Denon & nippon company looks to be from same
family.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back