DENON Owners thread

I have denon 1300 and it is connected to with TV ARC. If i connect my mi box to denon it is taking audio from tv. Is there any way to use arc whenever i need without changing hdmi cable.

I have denon 1300 and it is connected to with TV ARC. If i connect my mi box to denon it is taking audio from tv. Is there any way to use arc whenever i need without changing hdmi cable.

If you switch-off the AVR (standby mode), it will pass through to TV.. When you want to play it on AVR, switch it on..

Need suggestion on connections

1. I am using MI box for watching movies from HDD. Connection is Android box -> denon avr -> TV.

2. Tv has Amazon prime video app so i am using ARC for surround to watch Amazon prime. TV->DENON (ARC HDMI)

When avr connected to ARC port and trying to watch movies from MI Box then AVR is taking TV's Audio not from MI Box.
So i am getting stereo for MKV files.

please suggest me how to use all together(Movies from MI Box and APV app from TV) with out changing hdmi cables. is there any other setting to be changed in AVR?

please suggest me how to use all together(Movies from MI Box and APV app from TV) with out changing hdmi cables. is there any other setting to be changed in AVR?
Hi,

Why dont you connect your Mi box to the tv and see if that gets the Dolby etc working via arc.

The MI box has support for dolby and dts so in theory it should have worked when directly paired to the avr. just give a go with it connected to the tv and let us know what it outputs

German text, but it looks like a new Denon flagship receiver is due in January.

http://www.hifi-and-friends.de/denon-avc-x8500h-der-neue-av-receiver-mit-hdmi-2-1-kommt-im-januar/

The 8500 will have HDMI 2.1 and native decoding to 13.1 channels. ALL the immersive audio formats will be included (Atmos, DTS:X, Auro4D).

Hope you were referring to Auro3D.. So a 7.x.6 (or) 9.x.4 capable.. From the back panel images, i see the AVR would have support for Height 4/Wides.. is height 4 a new location..

Hopefully it has 15 pre-outs..

Hi All,

I got firmware update for 1300x.while updating it is not moving after 47% what can i do now ?

How to stop between? If i switch off avr then what will happen?

Please suggest

Hi All,

I got firmware update for 1300x.while updating it is not moving after 47% what can i do now ?

How to stop between? If i switch off avr then what will happen?

Please suggest
Are you updating it via Internet or USB ? Check if the internet link is working ? Connect the receiver via Ethernet to see if it continues doing the upgrade. Else, going the USB way is the better option. My two cents, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, meaning, if everything is working as expected why do a firmware upgrade ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Are you updating it via Internet or USB ? Check if the internet link is working ? Connect the receiver via Ethernet to see if it continues doing the upgrade. Else, going the USB way is the better option. My two cents, if it ain't broken, don't fix it, meaning, if everything is working as expected why do a firmware upgrade ?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Updating through Wi-Fi . Now i connected ethernet cable. Still no progress if i restart avr will it cause any damage?

Updating through Wi-Fi . Now i connected ethernet cable. Still no progress if i restart avr will it cause any damage?

AVRs which are in progress for Firmware upgrade if interrupted can get BRICKED...which is very painful to reset.....only then SERVICE CENTER can unlock the same and it will cost you....

i think denons are notorious for online firmware update issues, best is to update via usb stick.

I am trying to bitstream atoms movie from my mi box so what are the changes required on denon 1300 to enable bitstream.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back