Denon repairs

vkalia

Hi all - just got a brand new Denon PMA-60 from Japan and of course, the damn thing wont start.

It powers up, the logo flashes and then immediately, it goes into "circuit protection" mode, with a red LED flashing every 0.5 seconds - which, going by the manual, is either a case of speaker wires shortcircuiting or an amplifier section failure. Since i dont have any cables plugged in, it is an amp failure.

Anyone know of a Denon service center or any other qualified service center which might be able to fix this?

(And yes, I am using a 220-240 -> 100W voltage adapter, rated to 100W vs the amp's 35W requirement).

Where are you based out of currently? Most of the major cities have their service centers, however not sure if they would repair out of country purchases.

As it turns out - problem solved: I was worried that the adapter (which i also purchased in Japan) was putting out too much power and this had fried the amp. However, after sticking a voltmeter into it, I realized I was only getting around 70V output (yay Andamans electric supply). Put it on an inverter circuit and all is good now.

Thanks anyway, guys.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back