Denon with Klipsch speakers?

Hi Kittu, Thanks for the fast response... How do I locate Hassan Khani in this forum. I am in Hyderabad and for now not planning to go to Bangalore. Are you suggesting on getting it shipped to Hyd?.

The sub was sold to a fellow forum member 2 weeks back. Thanks.

Kittu, I forgot to mention. Would you be able to suggest a down firing sub woofer. As per my entertainment center design, a down firing would be a best fit. If not I have to do some modifications to my entertainment center.

Thanks for your patience.

As I said before, 1911 is a non-US model number and, depending upon where it is sold, will carry 2220-240V capability. The x91 series are US centered, and will accept only 110 volts.

If you see a Denon 1911 in an US centric site, and it says 220-240 Volts, please call up the site to confirm. Some of the sites may cut and paste images without realising what they are doing.

Cheers
Many companies provide a numbering system specific to a region. While the regular numbers for Denon processors are 1911, 2311, etc, in the US they are numbered as 791, 991, etc. These numbers will have only 110 volts, and you would certainly need a step down transformer.

Cheers

Hi Venkat, not sure I quite understand this. What you mentioned is contrary to Batpig's website.... which claims there's nothing specific to certain model numbers being made for specific regions....

Per him, its for the below --
"Denon puts out two parallel receiver lineups, with four-digit and three-digit model numbers. The primary difference is the retail distribution: four-digit models are generally sold by high end stereo shops and custom installers, whereasthe three-digit models are the "consumer" version sold in retail outlets like Circuit City and Fry's."

courtsey - BATPIG'S DENON-TO-ENGLISH DICTIONARY

Last edited:
Hi all, I can go upto 35-40K. is Velodyne the best sub or can you suggest me a better one for my Denon 1911 and Klipsch speakers? All my wood work is complete in my new apt and will be fixing the speakers and AVR in a week. Need to get a sub.. thank you very much for all ur help.

Hi mands,
Ur view of DenonAVR 1911 and 791 is right, its very similar.For the transformer no worry you can get it bangalore . Contact The Home Theater Store - +919686230649 / 08023493370 . they deal with AVR/Speakers cables.. U can get dedicated subwoofer cables .

Hi all.. I did post the same on a different thread but did not a response..
I have looked at few subs and boiled down to the below 3... I can not speak the real audiophile language... Your valuable suggestions are appreciated

Wharf 10.GX ( will get it for 31K)
Velodyne Impact 10 (will get it for 25K)
Kef C4 (price quoted is 20K, didnt bargain yet)

I want to get it in a day or 2.. please help!

Thanks for the response Kittu... I went to a retail store - Vector Systems, he quoted 28K and said teh least he can give is 25K.. I think the better option is to have it shipped from The Home Theatre Store.. he gives it for 22K. But will I get the necessary support or warranty if I buy it online?

As long as you have valid onsite warranty in India , you should get all support. Check with the dealer first.

Hi All, I bought Klipsch SW350 during teh week end and fixed it.. It was real good as soon as i plugged in. I am still working on getting the speaker settings right.. Will keep you all posted.
Thanks a lot to Hifi gurus.

Hi.. Did the auddessy set up and changed lil settings and it rocks.. I liked the total set up and am enjoying the music, movies and also the games on PS3.
thanks to one and all and HIFI..

hello,

I am also planning to buy the klipsch quintent along with sw450. Wanted to know whether you are facing any performance issues because of voltage converter. Also which cables did you used for the installation?

Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back