Deoxit

Any idea where once can buy Deoxit in India? Haven't had any luck so far in my searches.
Is it the sane?

Since it's pressurized can, it's not allowed to ship by air. We can buy the applicable oil form with the dropper which are made by Deoxit. But can be carried and bring inside the hand luggage.

Since it's pressurized can, it's not allowed to ship by air. We can buy the applicable oil form with the dropper which are made by Deoxit. But can be carried and bring inside the hand luggage.
Yes, even I was of this opinion while & after placing the order. But, Amazon US shipped & delivered it to me without any hassles.

Did you order from the amazon US website?
Yes. Login with your existing credentials at Amazon.com which is Amazon's US site. As you can infer from the attached screenshot, had bought it back in 2017, though there were the same, above pointed limitations or questions back then too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-125114-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210128-125114-01.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
When I placed an order couple of years ago on Amazon India, it got eventually cancelled. If someone has been successful, might be worth trying again.

I have bought 1 years ago from Amazon.in price 163g around 3609RS price at the time compare eBay.com same, now price very high in Amazon.in. Now impossible import flammable liquid product.

I got Deoxit. Gold wipes from parts express around 4months ago door delivery in like 7 days with 42% duty. So shipping + customs was more than the product cost

I just wanted to give everyone an update. A very kind forum member messaged me and offered to sell me his unused can of Deoxit and it just reached me today.

I just did a basic clean of my amplifier (Yamaha CA-1010) with it and W O W.

Everything you have read about Deoxit is true. This is the real deal. I had distortion on my left channel and the right channel was noticeably lower in volume. My phono 1 input had a massive hum and phono input 2 didn't work at all. Just the smallest amount of spray in all the pots and connectors and everything just vanished. It's pretty much perfect now. I could literally see and hear the oxidisation burn off after I sprayed it!

In case anyone is planning on using CRC or something else, don't. Just get Deoxit however you can. Once again thank you to the forum member who helped me out!

Do note that WD40 is a lubricant, (Not a contact cleaner).

Also WD40 creates an Insulating (Not conducting) Film

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back