Did I kill my LP-120? How can I fix this?

22050rp

So, my Lp120 got off a flight last night, when I opened it, there seemed to be a layer of condensation on it, I didn't think much of it and let it dry overnight.

So the next day I set everything up, but I forget to turn the voltage to 230v and I plug it it and turn it on.

A red flash of light appears near the on/off switch and then nothing.

Nothing is happening now. I'm afraid I have killed it. Are any repair services available in Mumbai?

check for blown fuses if they are easily reachable. if blown, then replace it with correct ratings. Do not plug again and check voltage selector switch. Read user manual for proper voltage to be set. If its 120v, then you may need a step down transformer to be used along with this table.

check for blown fuses if they are easily reachable. if blown, then replace it with correct ratings. Do not plug again and check voltage selector switch. Read user manual for proper voltage to be set. If its 120v, then you may need a step down transformer to be used along with this table.

I have no idea where the fuse is located, can't find much info online. I set the voltage selector to 230v. This was supposed to work fine once I set it to 230v, but I messed up and in excitement I plugged it in and turned it on with the switch set to 120v.

So, my Lp120 got off a flight last night, when I opened it, there seemed to be a layer of condensation on it, I didn't think much of it and let it dry overnight.

So the next day I set everything up, but I forget to turn the voltage to 230v and I plug it it and turn it on.

Nothing is happening now. I'm afraid I have killed it. Are any repair services available in Mumbai?
Some other forum members have gone through this. Go through and see if it helps: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/new-audio-technica-at-lp120-does-not-work.40485/

Yeah, but the thing is, I have no electrical experience, like none, I expected this to be plug and play (it was supposed to be until I messed up)

I need to find someone that can fix this for me, but I can't seem to find any repair places for turntables.
If you're based in Bangalore I know a good technician. Am sure he can sort it out.

Yes, this confusion is created becos you are not putting 120v equipments permanently fixed to a source with 120v output.

You will need to open the table from below to reach the fuse, it's not rocket science. There are many YouTube videos of how to open a similar Technics table

Sadly I'm based in Mumbai, so I hope someone who knows anyone in Mumbai sees this. What a tragedy.
Here's a video showing the fuse of a Technics turntable similar to yours. Not saying the fuse would be in the same place but would not hurt to try and check it out. Looks fairly straight forward:

Contact Audiotechnica support, they can say what could have gone wrong, and then you can decide the course of action. You can also contact needledoctor or some other online seller for a possible solution. In India you can contact bajaao.com, they sell a lot of DJ equipment, perhaps they can help.

I did same mistake, but it only blow the fuse. I changed the fuse and everything was back to normal.

Working fine for past 2 yrs

it took only 20 mins to change the fuse.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back