Difference between Denon & Marantz

singhsaab

Hello Everyone,
would be grateful to get some perspective on which product is better for my HT System to power my KEF R11 speakers? The consultant has suggested that I need Denon AVC-X8500H or otherwise Marantz SR 8012? Since both the products are from the same company(DEI) I would request you to provide your personal feedback!
2. I would request you to kindly mention the discount percentage and if any known contact for buying these AV receivers in India

Hello Everyone,
would be grateful to get some perspective on which product is better for my HT System to power my KEF R11 speakers? The consultant has suggested that I need Denon AVC-X8500H or otherwise Marantz SR 8012? Since both the products are from the same company(DEI) I would request you to provide your personal feedback!
2. I would request you to kindly mention the discount percentage and if any known contact for buying these AV receivers in India

Both are equally good. Carry your speakers and listen to both the receivers. Do the audyssey setup before running them with your speakers. Carry your own content too. Pick the one that sounds best to you.

MaSh

I demo'ed both AVRs at the ProFx showroom in Mumbai. I believe the speakers were KEF (not sure which model). Preferred the Marantz. Found it a tad warmer & more natural compared to the Denon.

Hello Everyone,
If u r going to have 13 channels ,then look for X8500 , otherwise Marantz SR8012 will be good. Both are excellent models .
X8500 +ve is u can have 15.2speakers connection ( for different speaker layout options like Atmos 9.2.4 / 7.2.6 / Auro3d 13.2 etc ) but the processing is limited to 13.2.
Next I think it has better DAC than Marantz SR8012.

Marantz SR8012 +ve is it has huge Toroidal transformer which can handle the power section in a better way.
Next Marantz is musical and price wise it will be cheaper than X8500.

Decide ur Speaker layout according to ur Main listening position and room size . After this decide it based on ur budget.

The best way would be to get the receivers home and demo it over a week. Unfortunately, I don't think many let us do it here.

I have both Marantz and Denon av receiver with me and to my experience Marantz is detail,insightful and musical where as Denon is agile, punchy and cinematic. Denon is more in feature and simplicity in usage where as Marantz concentrat more on audio quality and I/O. Now days both have almost similar features but Marantz have better built quality. May be higher end avr from both brands sounds almost same.

Hello Everyone,

Usually the High end models will perform the same...compare the specs, read reviews and see some Youtube videos....

Not all dealers give discounts but if you mention which part of India you are based in, possibly then some of us can suggest / recommend some dealers where you can visit and make your finalisation.

Hello Everyone,

If you can update us about rest of the speakers, other devices and room size it will be easier to suggest an AVR for you.
If you are not planning for 11.2.4 or higher you could settle for lesser models like Marantz 6013 and save considerable amount.
Considering your speakers ( Kef R11) I doubt any Multichannel AVR is going to do justice in driving them, I would have invested in a Good 2 Channel Power amplifier at the least ( take preouts from AVR) with Crown XLS 1502 being the cheapest option. this is what I have been doing currently. You'd need to invest in a good power amp to get the best out of your speakers.

I have owned both Denon and Marantz ; other than my subjective preference for Marantz, there's nothing really significant difference with Denon. so you wouldn't go awfully wrong if you were to select either of the two. Instead of brands go with the AVR that suits your usage scenario best ; Consider AVRs from Anthem, NAD and ARCAM as well, depending upon the budget.

As a thumb-rule, Marantz if you spend more than 50% of your time on music over movies, Denon otherwise
However the best way is to take your speakers (atleast front LFRs) and try it yourselves

I have used both Denon & Marantz ,based on that I can say on general ,Marantz is on upper hand . Say for example ,if u take equivalent model of both Denon & Marantz ,Marantz build quality,specs, features like pre-out/prein etc will be higher on Marantz .The sound quality,processing ,detailing also will be superior on Marantz (Also the price is on higher side).
The major Drawback of Marantz in our country is the service availabilty is lesser than Denon.Denon wins here.

Any reason for leaving yamaha aventage out of this. Having heard all 3 about 2 years back, the A3070 came out on top with respective denon and Marantz for me. Sound signature was the deciding factor.

Any reason for leaving yamaha aventage out of this. Having heard all 3 about 2 years back, the A3070 came out on top with respective denon and Marantz for me. Sound signature was the deciding factor.
I also had same feeling, having owned all three flagship Marantz,Denon & Yamaha.

Yamaha Aventage sound is very dynamic & cinematic. I sold yamaha A3070 & presently using sr8012 as wanted 11 channel Amplification.

Though marantz sr8012 is brilliant but sometimes I do miss my Yamaha.

Hello Everyone,
Dear singh saheb ,
this debate of Marantz and denon will never ending.Corona virus will die ,:D but this debate will not end.Please buy anything immediately and utilize lock down period for enjoying receiver and music. With such good budget any dealer will offer 15 % discount and may deliver home delivery during lockdown days also .Please order anything and use lockdown period ,if u dont like it ,u may sell it for slight less amount and go for other brand.

I also had same feeling, having owned all three flagship Marantz,Denon & Yamaha.

Yamaha Aventage sound is very dynamic & cinematic. I sold yamaha A3070 & presently using sr8012 as wanted 11 channel Amplification.

Though marantz sr8012 is brilliant but sometimes I do miss my Yamaha.
Should have bought a 2/3/4 channel external amplifier. The A3070 is capable of processing 11 channels. So you could power L/R or L/C/R or FH+RH using the same. Marantz I felt over did the trebles and the demon didn’t excite the speakers I wanted, Yamaha just ‘sounded right’ to me

Should have bought a 2/3/4 channel external amplifier. The A3070 is capable of processing 11 channels. So you could power L/R or L/C/R or FH+RH using the same. Marantz I felt over did the trebles and the demon didn’t excite the speakers I wanted, Yamaha just ‘sounded right’ to me
Ya, I purchased Parasound halo A21 to power front Left & Right. So 11 chnl processing was sorted.

Actually had read great reviews of marantz sr8012 so wanted to try it personally. Will sell sr8012 also as want to go for pre power now.

I had purchased a Marantz NR1509 , i returned it for a Denon X2600H. While the difference was not huge for music but Marantz was clearly more musical. The reason for the return was it lacked the punch for movies and was slightly underpowered for my speakers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back