Do you know how vinyl records are made ?

Rupam

Anyone know what happened to the old vinyl pressing plants that used to be in India? WHat happened to all their old machines? Might be a good business idea to refurbish some of them and start pressing vinyl locally again!

Anyone know what happened to the old vinyl pressing plants that used to be in India? WHat happened to all their old machines? Might be a good business idea to refurbish some of them and start pressing vinyl locally again!

Even I would be interested in knowing about them, though only for interest & not business sense. I think they may not be in operating condition (may not even exist) as even HMV is getting their records pressed in Germany!

I have read about it in this forum (have to search), the record pressing plant was destroyed in fire in 80's and after that no body initiated to start the plant again because lack of vinyls demand also cassettes were already established.

Back