Dropping in

corElement

alo :)

Thought id drop by and say hi to everyone who helped me learn and understand a/v tech and logic :)

How is everyone? I might be going out of the country soon, dunno what ill do without my setup :O

So, going over to the Yanks, eh?

Plan to come back or 'carry on' there with a 'green card'? Now, don't tell me your prized 'Jamos' are up for the take .........

Best wishes Core! Pls do update us on what you plan to do with your Jamo's :)

Thanks guys,

If I manage to get through the institution I've applied for and get a scholarship then i might keep the setup for my family but if no scholarship then I'll be a broke bloke!

I'll probably be selling off to recover as much as I can.

I've had my eyes on ebay US for yamaha ns1000 and ns2000 and jamo concert 11/ d830's

One can get them for about 500 usd there and according to my intensive research nothing else should come close to their level for the kind of sound my brain prefers under $12000 range. The newer jamos are crap in comparison to the concert 11 and d830

the ns1000/2000 is something of legend with pure beryllium midrange and highs + 12" lows while the concert 11/d830's have oversized midrange coils with magnesium cones with highly reputed scan speak revelator tweeters. their midrange will probably be more warm than the yamahas but indeed theyre the best of two generations of consumer speakers below the 12k usd mark.

Makes me drool thinking about them. Will probably put my e875 to shame!

Last edited:
So, going over to the Yanks, eh?

Plan to come back or 'carry on' there with a 'green card'? Now, don't tell me your prized 'Jamos' are up for the take .........

Trust me, the us was not my 1st pref but the uni i applied to was simply the best in the field I was looking for. If I dont get through ill probably look at canada or sweden.

My intention is to keep moving to see more of the world and absorb different cultures.

The yamahas and the jamos are just two of a kind theres so many more to experience too :)

and yes if i do go the jamos and others will be up for sale to recover whatever I can. I dont expect them to do too badly in resale because getting a c607 costs 60grand / $1300 ysd today which is around $800 in true value, the e875 was a $2000 danish made pair and not chinese, same goes for the rest of the speakers except the sub.

The amp is a pure gem, I wish I could take it with me. if I do end up with a pair of yammy ns1000/2000's ill probably invest in a relatively cheap/suitably matched A types

Back