Dual SVS PB2000

Single or Dual SVS PB2000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Generally we end up settling for less.

Totally agree with you Prateek , 2 subs for a smoother bass response. But as efernand1 has also suggested more prudent to go for one at first. Then it is the OP's choice in the end for the 2nd subwoofer. Sometimes 2 big subs may be overwhelming for a room if the room is small. Then in that case 2 smaller subs makes more sense.

Pls consider your preference for music or movies( sealed or ported) & room size. The SVS PB 2000 is a relatively big subwoofer with dimensions 20.9" (H) 17.3" (W) 23.2" (D) & weight 65.6lbs . Not sure if these measurements are inclusive of its metallic grill which comes out even more.

My roomsize is 14 feet length & 11 feet width & height & I was also contemplating of getting it but because of its size & weight factor I went for the PC 2000 which is similar to PB 2000 spec wise but only weighs around 23 kgs & 34 inches tall & is relatively easier to move around plus they come with the sound path isolation feet. It easily fills the room with bass with a lot more to spare which would also be similar in the case of PB 2000.

But as Love4sound & others have suggested keep your options open & try to audition Rhythmic, XTZ, REL etc. Don't know if PSA & HSU are available here as they also have very good reviews & you cannot go wrong with any of them.
Buy one subwoofer first & if your room size permits & if you feel you need another one for balanced bass then only go for dual.
PSA is available here in Chennai and the official dealer is SurroundSwar. The good thing about PSA is, they offer 5 years warranty even in our country, and the bad thing is, you have to pay the premium for that 5 year warranty and as a result, they are priced way high here. The Rythmiks and XTZ are priced very reasonably in our country, especially the Rythmik Fv15HP, which is in pair with the SVS PB4000 in performance is priced around 1.5Lakh and that is a good price for a killer sub like the Rythmik. The XTZ 3X12 is also priced sensibly (around 2lakh) but its performance is in pair with the JTR Captivator 1400, which is in a league of its own.

PSA is available here in Chennai and the official dealer is SurroundSwar. The good thing about PSA is, they offer 5 years warranty even in our country, and the bad thing is, you have to pay the premium for that 5 year warranty and as a result, they are priced way high here. The Rythmiks and XTZ are priced very reasonably in our country, especially the Rythmik Fv15HP, which is in pair with the SVS PB4000 in performance is priced around 1.5Lakh and that is a good price for a killer sub like the Rythmik. The XTZ 3X12 is also priced sensibly (around 2lakh) but its performance is in pair with the JTR Captivator 1400, which is in a league of its own.

Regarding warranty even SVS also gives a 5 year warranty in India. The price list for SVS is also attached ( Not sure about the latest price) but big discounts are available when contacting the dealers directly but still they are very steeply priced in India as compared to the US rates.
Agree with you that the Rythmiks & XTZ are reasonably priced here & should be seriously considered. All the options are in front of the OP. Now its his choice :).

Attachments

• SVS MRP (15.10.2018).pdf
    76.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Pls consider your preference for music or movies( sealed or ported) & room size. The SVS PB 2000 is a relatively big subwoofer with dimensions 20.9" (H) 17.3" (W) 23.2" (D) & weight 65.6lbs . Not sure if these measurements are inclusive of its metallic grill which comes out even more.

My roomsize is 14 feet length & 11 feet width & height & I was also contemplating of getting it but because of its size & weight factor I went for the PC 2000 which is similar to PB 2000 spec wise but only weighs around 23 kgs & 34 inches tall & is relatively easier to move around plus they come with the sound path isolation feet. It easily fills the room with bass with a lot more to spare which would also be similar in the case of PB 2000.

But as Love4sound & others have suggested keep your options open & try to audition Rhythmic, XTZ, REL etc. Don't know if PSA & HSU are available here as they also have very good reviews & you cannot go wrong with any of them.
Buy one subwoofer first & if your room size permits & if you feel you need another one for balanced bass then only go for dual.

Hi Nitin,
Have you tried Rel T9i? Any comments on its performance. Also do you use the SVS PC2000 for music or movie purpose ?
Thanks

Hi Nitin,
Have you tried Rel T9i? Any comments on its performance. Also do you use the SVS PC2000 for music or movie purpose ?
Thanks

Hi Sachin,
Most welcome, I have not heard the Rel. I am no audiophile :) but my music preference is 60 % & movie is 40 % & the PC 2000 in my opinion does a very good job & I am satisfied with it. More so with its small foot print of 16.5 inches if you don't mind its 34 inches height . If you pair them with good fronts they really blend well.
Pls try the Rythmiks & XTZ 's too since you may have port tuning options at the price of the SVS 2000 series which don't have that option if it is important to you.

Last edited:
If u have decided and budget is not the constraint ...then no regrets..its is a wonderful sub..
Hope u have auditioned this sub at Vikram's Home.
Only problem with SVS here in India...its priced 2x price of US...which is ridiculous.

Fully agree with you. In our country most of the equipment is ridiculously priced for reasons unknown.

Svs products are good.. no doubt about that.
But the company spends a lot on marketing ( ads , reviews etc.)
This increases the cost of svs products.

And then Indian prices seem to be higher for this brand because of demand which is mainly driven by the reviews.

I can recommend svs but not at the price at which they are sold in India.(IMO)

The reason being dealer profit margins. 20-30% from the actual cost including shipping and taxes.
These products are not sold in bulk to sell at 5% profits.
But still a few dealers seem to disrupt the market by selling products at ridiculous discounts.
Such dealers sell and are done.
A good dealer should provide technical assistance to achieve performance the product is meant for. And for this he needs to have technical knowledge.

Without good integration subwoofers sound shit.
Had experienced pb2000 at kukatpally, Hyderabad ( demo)
It sounded crap.
Its not coz the sub was bad.. its because the integrator didn't take the pain to install it properly.

The real reviewers are champions at integrating the subs.. that's why a good product gets good review.

With good integration 2 50k subs can sound better than 2 100k subs.

I know a few things are difficult to digest. But that a reality.

These products are not sold in bulk to sell at 5% profits.
But still a few dealers seem to disrupt the market by selling products at ridiculous discounts.
Such dealers sell and are done.
A good dealer should provide technical assistance to achieve performance the product is meant for. And for this he needs to have technical knowledge.

Without good integration subwoofers sound shit.
Had experienced pb2000 at kukatpally, Hyderabad ( demo)
It sounded crap.
Its not coz the sub was bad.. its because the integrator didn't take the pain to install it properly.

The real reviewers are champions at integrating the subs.. that's why a good product gets good review.

With good integration 2 50k subs can sound better than 2 100k subs.

I know a few things are difficult to digest. But that a reality.

Any Sub however expensive it may be if not installed properly may sound like crap. Room acoustics & sub placement also play a major role in sound.

Svs products are good.. no doubt about that.
But the company spends a lot on marketing ( ads , reviews etc.)
This increases the cost of svs products.

And then Indian prices seem to be higher for this brand because of demand which is mainly driven by the reviews.

I can recommend svs but not at the price at which they are sold in India.(IMO)

To my knowledge, I have not seen any advertising or marketing of SVS here which adds to their price in India. The hike in price here may be due to dealer margin, freight , customs duty + gst. Their products are good with a very linear response from their subs backed by excellent stellar customer service & must be popular abroad for the very same reasons. Whatever queries I had emailed to them, Ed Mullen & Jack Gilvey from SVS were extremely helpful & prompt in replying within a few hours & had even considered shipping the subwoofer from the US which was not viable for me.
Am not disputing there may be better subs than SVS but SVS do offer quality stuff.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, I have not seen any advertising or marketing of SVS here which adds to their price in India. The hike in price here may be due to dealer margin, freight , customs duty + gst. Their products are good with a very linear response from their subs backed by excellent stellar customer service & must be popular abroad for the very same reasons. Whatever queries I had emailed to them, Ed Mullen & Jack Gilvey from SVS very extremely helpful & prompt in replying within a few hours & had even considered shipping the subwoofer from the US which was not viable for me.
Am not disputing there may be better subs than SVS but SVS do offer quality stuff.
I told the same.. they are very good.. but not for the money asked in India.

The XTZ12.17Edge is a competetor to the PB2000.
The pros about the 12.17Edge is,
1. It has XLR input
2. It has Parametric equalizer
3. It has 3 Preset modes (Ref, Eq1, Eq2)
4. It has port tuning option (2 port for mid bass, Left open for deep bass and Right open for mid bass and also sealed mode) and the site also has the frequency response graph for each port tuning and Equalizers.
(As a result of the above 3 points, this sub is very flexible)
5. It uses 700W RMS ICE power amp, which are used in many great subwoofers.
6. The Bass is tight and articulated and punchy
7. This sub is more musical than the PB2000
8. It is louder than the SVS PB2000 from above 30HZ
9. IT is very beautiful (Especially the Matt Black finish)
10. Excellent Built Quality for the price you pay(But still, a Real wood veneer like Walnut would have been better).

The Cons
1. It has port chuffing problem. If you set the sub to reference in Eq. and keep the left port open for deep bass response and play the sub at reference levels, it will definitely produce port noice for frequencies around 25Hz and below.
2. The sub has a Infrasonic filter which will prevent the sub from playing any frequency below 19Hz so no matter how many 12.17 edge subs you add, you will still miss out on all the frequencies below 19Hz.
3. This sub cant play below 19 Hz and also at 20Hz to 30Hz, it will be much weaker than the PB2000.
4. They only provide 2 year warranty for the amp and 4 year for the Driver (if I remember correctly) even for the Edge models, which get 5 years warranty any where outside India.

The final verdict:
If your priority is Movies then its definitely PB2000 and if you prefer Music over Movies and if you need all the tuning options then go for the 12.17Edge.

But just remember, Even if you have 4 XTZ12.17Edge subs, you will still wont get any frequency below 19Hz, so if your target is to make the sub play upto 16 or 10Hz, then definitely avoid the 12.17Edge.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back