Dual SVS PB2000

Single or Dual SVS PB2000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have booked PB 2000 dual will be delivered in a couple of weeks
time to wait;););)
price for svs have gone up now the mrp is 115000/-

Congrats annapl. Your wait is short, I had to wait for almost 7 months. But the price increase is ridiculous. If I am not mistaken the recent budget had suggested an increase of taxation on speakers.
Anyways enjoy them when they come & pls don't keep them at the extreme corners of the walls since any subwoofer will tend to sound boomy at that location.

Congrats annapl. Your wait is short, I had to wait for almost 7 months. But the price increase is ridiculous. If I am not mistaken the recent budget had suggested an increase of taxation on speakers.
Anyways enjoy them when they come & pls don't keep them at the extreme corners of the walls since any subwoofer will tend to sound boomy at that location.
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ihy1if.jpg
check the above image thats my location for subs coz of power supply and cable

Wow. This was for the SVS?

Yes liverpool, would have got the PB 2000 a couple of months earlier but PC 2000 was difficult to get at that point of time over here. You feel a little let down that for the price you are paying for a subwoofer in India , in US a higher model in the hierarchy is available at that price. I guess our currency value is also to be blamed for that apart from customs/gst & freight.

Last edited:
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ihy1if.jpg
check the above image thats my location for subs coz of power supply and cable

Hi Annapl,
As per the attached image they may sound good at that location. But try to move them around a bit if possible as per your room space availability till you are satisfied. You can try diagonally as Love4sound has suggested if it suits you. You may need to re-run Audyssey/Yapao if you move the subwoofers. Ed Mullen from SVS had suggested to keep the Phase at " 0 " & low pass filter at maximum ideally but you can experiment with them.

Pls make sure that the height of the subwoofers don't block your screen.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 51
Hi bro....congrats on your new purchase....
However your subwoofer location is not ideal. They are too close to each other to fully utilise the potential of multi sub.
Please try to place them diagonally opposite or atleast little far from each other. Longer subwoofer cable are easily available. Longer power cable should also be available.

Is your centre speaker on the floor between the subs?

i have tried all the positions front corners,side wall mids diagonal placements and this one gives me impressive performance for movies and music

Got svs pb2000 Duals

Congrats, you have got a good dedicated room. I m sure the subs will sound great & shake the walls during movies. If possible buy the sound path isolators of SVS for the base of the PB 2000's. They will sound tighter & isolate the vibrations from the floor. Mine came with the subwoofer & they really work great.

Pls try moving the subwoofers a little away from each other since they seem too close.

Last edited:
i have tried all the positions front corners,side wall mids diagonal placements and this one gives me impressive performance for movies and music
I guess, as the saying goes, every room is different and everyone's bass requirements are different...so if you like what you are hearing and have already experimented, then stick with it.
Generally speaking, subs so close to each other dosent level out bass response to wide listening locations. If you are only considering money seat, then you may not notice at other locations, however you will be best judge. For opposite wall location, we also need to play with phase setting. More often than not, it will be different.

I do like your theatre setup though. Looks very neat and exciting. If possible, do share pics of your complete setup...

Cheers
Siju

where ever i keep for movies the lfe effect is same and for my 13*20 room i have more than enough headroom but for music where pb2000 this place was the finest and also i saw this kind of setup in a commercial theater too
this is one of the svs recommended placement
  1. opposite diagonal front/rear corners
  2. at the mid-points of the side walls
  3. front stage in the corners
  4. front stage flanking the center channel to the inside of the main speakers
4th option is what im using
i watched the accountant as my first movie with these subs my God every bullet fire literally rocks the room and me

Attachments

• DB7365E6-2937-4FF2-A96A-3517C4639B00.jpeg
    DB7365E6-2937-4FF2-A96A-3517C4639B00.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 57
i watched the accountant as my first movie with these subs my God every bullet fire literally rocks the room and me

Heh. It is quite the experience, even if it’s my theory that you have a peak around 60 Hz that you clearly enjoy. Nothing wrong with that, of course!

Your comment about music vs movies suggests you’re running into phase issues between your L/R and subwoofer. Adjusting the subwoofer distance will help with that.

where ever i keep for movies the lfe effect is same and for my 13*20 room i have more than enough headroom but for music where pb2000 this place was the finest and also i saw this kind of setup in a commercial theater too
this is one of the svs recommended placement
  1. opposite diagonal front/rear corners
  2. at the mid-points of the side walls
  3. front stage in the corners
  4. front stage flanking the center channel to the inside of the main speakers
4th option is what im using
For the fourth option, it is assumed that you are placing the sub besides your front left and right, to have the sub phase as close to your front channel, which is not their in your case. However, as I said earlier, if you like what you hear, no issues. I too think like @liverpool_for_life that you are enjoying a peak at a particular frequency and there is nothing wrong in it...enjoy your sub...

If you don't mind one more experiment, may I suggest you to relocate one of your sub from front to back side of your sofa. Of course, this will depend on the space behind your sofa but I see the potential in placing one sub there. If possible, try placing the sub facing opposite to each other. You can start by having the phase switch on your front sub at 0 and the behind one at 180deg.
Since you are using an svs sub, it shouldn't sound boomy. Just my thought looking at your setup.

By the way, your setup is cool...enjoy more gunshots....ha ha...

Cheers
Siju

where ever i keep for movies the lfe effect is same and for my 13*20 room

Better to add tow subs on the longest dimension of your room to tame some more low freq issue.. But, try this if you can..

Two subs on the front of the room will reduce width mode resonance (43Hz).. But if you can re-position along the length of the room, should be even better, effectively reducing all modes below 90hz, including length modes of 28, 57, 85 Hz.. You can then use 90 Hz crossover to all speakers and check how it sounds.. The above freq is per room mode calculator..

Divide the room (rectangle) in to two equal halves and place each sub in the middle of each half.. This should give you even better experience, as your room is symmetrical with just one opening (door)..

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back