Dual SVS PB2000

Single or Dual SVS PB2000?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In case if anybody is coming from the US then you will get a pack of 4 isolations for half the rate. On Amazon India the price of these increased from approx 4K odd to 8K in approx in a year's time. Since you would need 8 of them its not a small amount.

Actually the svs isolation path isn’t required for concrete floor and a gym tile of more then 20mm will do the trick.

Actually the svs isolation path isn’t required for concrete floor and a gym tile of more then 20mm will do the trick.

Its ideal especially for people living on the top floors. It also reduces rattle in the room & makes the bass sound tighter. Mine is a down firing subwoofer placed on a 2 inch wooden plank on a concrete floor. I feel absolutely no vibrations on the wooden plank below when it plays at half volume .

Its ideal especially for people living on the top floors. It also reduces rattle in the room & makes the bass sound tighter. Mine is a down firing subwoofer placed on a 2 inch wooden plank on a concrete floor. I feel absolutely no vibrations on the wooden plank below when it plays at half volume .
I actually live in the second floor. After calibrating my sub went to the first floor bedroom which is below my HT set up and couldn’t feel any rattles. Also the bass is more tight after placing it on the gym tile. What I am saying is you get the similar performance using the gym tile. May be abroad where the roof or the walls are wooden requires isolation path. A gym tile will do the job just fine may be not as effective as the isolation path but an economical alternative for Indian homes

Good. My suggestion is from my own experience Love4Sound. Never tried the gym tile but one thing which is to be noted is that the SVS sound path isolation is especially for the SVS subs which are the perfect suit for the weight of the subs and those work really well. Eventually, the result is mindblowing.

Unfortunately, that's not true. There's nothing magical about any sub that will confer on it the ability to not sound boomy in any room. The room matters and even more so in the LF.
Totally Agree....for subs, more than the subs, its the room we hear. What I meant was that, since he has a sub which has a comparitively flat response, has a better chance of not sounding boomy in a particular location. I do agree that even the most expensive sub if not placed and setup properly can sound boomy.

Cheers
Siju

Good. My suggestion is from my own experience Love4Sound. Never tried the gym tile but one thing which is to be noted is that the SVS sound path isolation is especially for the SVS subs which are the perfect suit for the weight of the subs and those work really well. Eventually, the result is mindblowing.
Oh ok, we’ll then I’ll ask some one from us to get me a set when they are visiting India.

In the For Sale thread, it was mentioned the PB 2000s delivered in Feb/2020, did the dealer provide you with demo pieces till that time?

A note: the PB 2000 could be a little underwhelming when you start with it, and needs quite a few tweaks (it did at least for me) before it grows on you. It goes mighty low, never bloats, but not well known for mid bass attack or that much sought after tactile response. Since your investment looks significant, and as other FMs have mentioned, auditioning other subs too will help.
Acclaimed subs might have great reviews on the Net, but I think it is our preference for the kind of bass and our budget that finally dictate our purchase.
I was craving for that mid bass attack, and finally settled for the newly released Klipsch SPL 150. The Klipsch’ tactile response is probably a bump on the FR response curve for that frequency band, and may not be flat (accurate), but asked to choose between SVS and Klipsch, I would pick the Klipsch anytime, because that’s the bass I need - but that’s only me. An audition, as every FM says, along with your preferences, is the key.

after a week of usage my opinion reg svs pb2000 duals
they literally rocks my room with slam
music also good overall happy with dual pb 2000
Congratulations.

He he they sure can. Do consider the isolation pads as suggested above. They definitely make a very noticeable difference.

MaSh

A note: the PB 2000 could be a little underwhelming when you start with it, and needs quite a few tweaks (it did at least for me) before it grows on you. It goes mighty low, never bloats, but not well known for mid bass attack or that much sought after tactile response. Since your investment looks significant, and as other FMs have mentioned, auditioning other subs too will help.
Acclaimed subs might have great reviews on the Net, but I think it is our preference for the kind of bass and our budget that finally dictate our purchase.
I was craving for that mid bass attack, and finally settled for the newly released Klipsch SPL 150. The Klipsch’ tactile response is probably a bump on the FR response curve for that frequency band, and may not be flat (accurate), but asked to choose between SVS and Klipsch, I would pick the Klipsch anytime, because that’s the bass I need - but that’s only me. An audition, as every FM says, along with your preferences, is the key.

The PB 2000 has almost a flat frequency response throughout its port tuning but Klipsh may have more midbass. But like you have said everyone's preference is very subjective.

Not to forget Klpisch has more efficient driver in 15inches and much better sensitivity than svs.
Having owned both brands I found the Klipsch subs running even at moderate volumes,but svs sub volume had to be kept atleast at 60% to hear the effect.

the PB 2000 could be a little underwhelming
Very Valid Point, Like every other Sub; SVS needs to be Tweaked , Positioned correctly to get the best out of it, There are no shortcuts. Most of the times you hear the Room More than the Subs. I realized this fact when a FM lugged his brand new SB2000 across the city to my place, since he wasn't hearing the effects of his bran New SVS subwoofer. We did a side by side comparison over a Spiderman BluRay with XTZ12.17. Though XTZ performed better in Comparison, the FM was quite relieved that SVS did impress in its own way. Knowing the room response in this equation, I bought two Pioneer 51w (saved a lot) and I am happy with the bass response. Though they're not as resolving as XTZ but they're enough for my HT Requirements.
I tried Klipsch (12" dual), Which was Much better than the All other Subwoofers I heard, but it was dual subwoofers. If you intend the Tactile response (famous Trouser Flap) Klipsch is the way to go.

These products are not sold in bulk to sell at 5% profits.
But still a few dealers seem to disrupt the market by selling products at ridiculous discounts.
Such dealers sell and are done.
A good dealer should provide technical assistance to achieve performance the product is meant for. And for this he needs to have technical knowledge.

Without good integration subwoofers sound shit.
Had experienced pb2000 at kukatpally, Hyderabad ( demo)
It sounded crap.
Its not coz the sub was bad.. its because the integrator didn't take the pain to install it properly.

The real reviewers are champions at integrating the subs.. that's why a good product gets good review.

With good integration 2 50k subs can sound better than 2 100k subs.

I know a few things are difficult to digest. But that a reality.
@prateekatasniya , can you PM me. Curious about your suggestion of proper integration of low cost dual subs which gives good performance.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back