Dubai HFV (Mini) Meet & Marantz CD 6003 vs. Emotiva ERC-1 CD Player Shootout

Gentlemen, it seems a majority of the members do not want to agree that a Marantz CD Player could be beaten.

Actually Venkatcr, the majority of members seem to accept the fact that the Emotiva performed better than the Marantz. There are only a few members who seem to have a problem since we used an AVR instead of a stereo amp. They don't realize the fact that the Onkyo 876 AVR has enough muscle and finesse to beat the pants off many stereo amplifiers. As mentioned by me earlier, I will post a comparison of an established amp like Marantz PM6003/8003 against the Onkyo 876 by pulling out results of performance tests by professional reviewers.

However, it will be good to test the same CD players against more resolving and high end equipment as demanded by those members - equipment that I apparently do not possess in my setup.

Last edited:
I will post a comparison of an established amp like Marantz PM6003/8003 against the Onkyo 876 by pulling out results of performance tests by professional reviewers.

Believe me this will be waste of time. This is a difference of opinion I have been facing for the last two years. The twain, in terms of thought process, shall never meet.

Cheers

The Emotiva will be available to me in about 2 months. I will be testing it with some of the best high end 2 channel system available. I will try to compare it with a Maratnz 6003 again then.

Till then or another comparison doe by someone else, can we just rest this case?

Cheers

Sir,

Even if you do so, again I will blame you for using a high-end system and hence Emotiva performed better than Marantz!:eek:hyeah:

okay, veering the topic slightly, I think, as far as I understood, the real point for going for stereo amp (integ or separates), CD player, high-end speakers are to get music as lively as possible, right?
1. Is there something more we get out of these chain of components? Pls correct me if I am wrong!
2. Till now I dont know what is soundstage! Is it something where speakers become completely invisible and you feel the arrangements and could easily perceive chords being played?
3. Also, I feel it only happens with some genre of music, especially live performances? Am I right?

Would be glad if you clarify them for me and any bonus comments are most welcome!:licklips:

Cheers!

Quick observation Venkat. Not that I have been following the entire thread.

If A were to beat B and B were to beat C, it does NOT automatically follow that A would beat C. And if A plays C in a completely different playground (so to speak) then all bets are off, as they say. :)

Like I said, just an observation. I have no clue which among the two sounds better.

hi dhilip

this one may be off topic ,but still

do you have a BD player , if so

wud like u to do a simple test on the 876, ie only if u are willing

or anybody with a 875 if willing ,do let me know

regards

hi dhilip
any updates on this , though my 875 is long gone just curious, did v create a new thread on this ? dont remember

rgrds

hi dhilip
any updates on this , though my 875 is long gone just curious, did v create a new thread on this ? dont remember

rgrds

Hi Subhash,

I just relocated to Singapore and my gear is on route from Dubai to Singapore. Unfortunately this has to wait for a while since I will be able to setup my gear again only by end of September.

-Dhilip

Hi Dhilip,

Await info on deals available in singapore, once you've settled in..... Singapore surely should keep you busy on the electronics front :D

All the best!

Hi Dhilip,

Await info on deals available in singapore, once you've settled in..... Singapore surely should keep you busy on the electronics front :D

All the best!

Thanks Denom!

Things have been hectic thanks to the relocation. It will be a while before I fully settle down but I managed to pay a casual visit to Sim Lim Square today. But unfortunately the shops in Sim Lim square start closing down by 8.30 PM local time hence could not look around much. Hopefully once I have fully settled in, I will be able to spend more time in Sim Lim Square & The Adelphi:)

-Dhilip

Dhilip ,

"""selamat datang di Singapura"""

Nice to know that you have moved to Singapore... take your time to settle down. We'd expect more reviews from you since you have moved from electronic zone to electronic city :clapping: ...

Kittu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back